• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    lol, my dad is to old to fight and he would be a little more blunt and say we are all a bunch of whinny little *****es with too much time on our hands if we can be debating customer service,the law and how it applies to something as trivial as a box of $50 parts

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well now we have it all figured out.
    I really do not feel this should go "Any" further.
    I will be more specific if I have to be.

Every body step back and take a breath.
    Rolex, I would ask you to stop. Your point has been made.
    But in the end $1600 is a lot of money to some of us....Period.

Leave it go please.

-CM-

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Wow! First I was disappointed in Blue and now I am disappointed that this thread went right in the crapper.

I am a business major and have been involved in business my entire life. I am with the O.P. on this one. Could have been handled in a more professional manner. Probably on both sides.

Unfortunately quality customer service in business is rare at best. When I do actually experience it I make sure people know about it.

O well

Anything new from this point on will be blue for me still.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I wasn't asking anybody to fall all over themselves.
    The phrase going the extra mile is used very loosely in society.
    Do you know where the phrase originated from? It means way more than most know. I'm not trying to be disrespectful broom just curious if you know the true meaning.

A lot gets lost in posting message instead of actually talking with one another.

My tone with the Dillon CS Rep was very professional, not rude or harsh in any way.
    I didn't even say listen pal I'm gonna leave bad vibes for you on INGO.

What I said was I had hoped to be able to brag on them about how they took care of the problem but would be posting what actually happened. I don't consider that a threat.

Building a good business is about providing a quality product, and great customer service.
    Great customer service builds great relationships.

No need to think long and hard about how to service a customer that got shorted an order or sent defected material. I'm the face and voice that has to make my customers whole when production or shipping make a mistake. It is actually a fun part of my job to correct a problem. Correcting problems is when a company can show strengths or weaknesses.

I do understand where you're coming from, but when you suggested they throw in overnight shipping and some kind of compensation for the mistake they were correcting, it bespoke a level of expectation from you that does, indeed, smack of Millennials. In this case, it's probably related to the reputation Dillon has for "going the extra mile", so maybe you were right to expect that. Also, maybe what you conveyed here, and the way you communicated on the phone, were not the same. To be frank: In your OP, you sounded pretty whiny.

The bottom line is this: This thread is but a couple days old and the issue is already resolved. In this day and age, that is still remarkable customer service, which is what people pay through the nose for when buying Big Blue. Your buddy will undoubtedly have future CS needs, and Dillon will do a great job helping keep his reloading factory up and running. It's still a great product with great CS, irrespective of the experience you conveyed, which wasn't bad at all, in the grand scheme of things. Your feelings on the matter are obviously different, but put yourself in that CS rep's shoes...he did his job?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I don't even use Dillon but called their customer service line anyway just to see what would happen. They are sending me a big box of parts, a hat, a tee shirt, and a Big Blue mousepad just because??!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hi, everyone.
    I've only been around for about a month and I haven't read any of the ancillary threads like this, just questions about ammo and certain .22s.
    For some reason the title captured my attention and I kept reading page after page since I have an idle Sat. am.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    I have no dog in the fight and don't know any of the personalities, so I think I'm impartial.
    This reminds me of why I quit posting (after 7 yrs) on a car site that I enjoyed.
    It seems like there were people in the car club wanting to pick apart everything a person said (which would be more than one party in this case, but mostly just two).
    It quit being fun and I moved on, except for occasional posting.
    I understood exactly the complaint the OP made.
    I understood what those were saying that took exception of his expectations.
    Nuances do get lost on the internet in communication.
    I learned to be careful with my very dry humor in print: didn't work out well for me, even though some said it was delightful and entertainment, others wished I would sell my car and go away, :laugh:, there I did it, used that keen sharp wit. :ugh:
    I would be more specific in where the alleged errors were in communication, but as we read, they weren't able to hear each other and would not learn from it.
    One of the things I pride myself on, is listening to my critics and admitting when wrong quickly (serves well in a 44 yr. wonderful marriage also :lmfao:)
    Perhaps these are just younglings, probably full of themselves, but we were all there at some point. :crying:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Hi, everyone.
    I've only been around for about a month and I haven't read any of the ancillary threads like this, just questions about ammo and certain .22s.
    For some reason the title captured my attention and I kept reading page after page since I have an idle Sat. am.
    I have no dog in the fight and don't know any of the personalities, so I think I'm impartial.
    This reminds me of why I quit posting (after 7 yrs) on a car site that I enjoyed.
    It seems like there were people in the car club wanting to pick apart everything a person said (which would be more than one party in this case, but mostly just two).
    I learned to be careful with my very dry humor in print: didn't work out well for me, even though some said it was delightful and entertainment, others wished I would sell my car and go away, :laugh:, there I did it, used that keen sharp wit. :ugh:
    I would be more specific in where the alleged errors were in communication, but as we read, they weren't able to hear each other and would not learn from it.
    One of the things I pride myself on, is listening to my critics and admitting when wrong quickly (serves well in a 44 yr. wonderful marriage also :lmfao:)
    Perhaps these are just younglings, probably full of themselves, but we were all there at some point. :crying:
    I'm right there with you "Dog"..
    44 years of "Wedded Bliss" for me last January..
    Hang in here and have FUN...Bill..

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Customer service is key, and is the main differentiation between businesses. I will not patronize companies with poor or indifferent customer service, period.

Also, I just have to say, the amount of the transaction is irrelevant. Great customer service is "decimal point blind".

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Hi, everyone.

It didn't take very long for you see the side of INGO that is like a leech in the lake.

There is a better side of INGO when people actually pull together to support great causes.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Some people agree.
    Some people disagree.
    Welcome to adulthood if you can handle those ideas
    without having you feelings hurt.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you come on an Internet forum and expect not to have opinions given whether asked for or not you are gravely mistaken. As stated above EVERYONE is going to have their own take on the matter and not everyone will always agree. People can try and split forums by categorizing members as this way or that way but on a long enough timeline everyone plays just about every role, the instigator, the "leech", the good guy, the whiner, bad guys, a hole.... you get the point. No one here is trying to change anyone's mind about how they feel. It's just a stronger group of guys in this thread. At the end of the day individual posts speak for themselves about their author not only in this thread but all threads we post in. In a sense we all write our own obituaries everytime we type and are legacies are there in black and white for all to see.

Im ok with my headstone saying: here lies one if the biggest jags you'll ever meet. You always knew where you stood with him and he was never too far off base.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have to agree with you Chez.

My ignore list never seems to grow much though.
    It's like when ever I put somebody on my list it isn't long before the get shootered.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have to agree with you Chez.

My ignore list never seems to grow much though.
    It's like when ever I put somebody on my list it isn't long before the get shootered.

Great. I'm in trouble. I was just asking for a few bucks. Someone quote me so Glueman can see it please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom