• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    While they were out of sight, I bet the kid $10. he was not man enough to roll the (my) BGE out of the back of his dad's pick-up. Best $10. bet I ever lost and had the pleasure of watching the new family pick up the pieces of their BGE.

Taking the high road I see...

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I will add to Sullivan's, I have a demo egg from them and mine just sat there on display all day, didn't have to wait for it to cool and it was brand new. Also when you buy demo eggs you will get 20% off accessories that day as well. My XL was a demo as well but I went to GA mountain Eggfest and got it there. Lucked out with that as it wasn't even taken out of the crate which made transpo home. I know mentioned above has not had issues with his vision but I have two coworkers that have had issues with theirs and getting warranty assistance has really been a pain in the rear. I won't lie, I've had a couple small issues with egg but walk into any dealer with your receipt or if you register it and you walk out with what you need with the exception of the outer base. A buddy of mine had to wait for one from the mothership but it is the largest piece of the egg. The minimax comes out at the end of the month and I will be adding on to my nest of eggs for travel purposes and probably using it to make breakfast on during the weekend.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I don't know about the BGE, but Sullivans wanted to charge me for assembly on a Weber grill when other places do it for free. I won't be going back there anymore.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm sure all companies have their issues. I did have 2 issues with mine out of the box. The upper dome was cracked in shipping and one caster for the stand was defective. I noticed the caster first and called them and was immediately sent a replacement, no questions asked. As I got further into unpacking I found the crack in the dome and again I was sent another complete grill which I received within about a week. The complete grill replacement was handled by Fishers Do-It Center. They even offered to come pick up the defective grill and deliver the new one.

I have made ribs, prime rib, chicken, lamb, steaks, brisket, pork shoulder, corn, potatoes, etc,etc and couldn't imagine a better tool for cooking/smoking.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I don't know about the BGE, but Sullivans wanted to charge me for assembly on a Weber grill when other places do it for free. I won't be going back there anymore.
    It's not common to get a komado of about any brand not assembled unless you request a new in box. Most dealers I've been in don't have a bunch sitting around in back so what they have is on display.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    It's not common to get a komado of about any brand not assembled unless you request a new in box. Most dealers I've been in don't have a bunch sitting around in back so what they have is on display.

My point is they quoted me $50 over MSRP to have it assembled. I said that's more than retail and he went on about how it was already assembled and the other places just give it to you in a box. . I said Lowes assembles it and will even deliver it for free. Idiot on the phone didn't have anything clever to add after that.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    My point is they quoted me $50 over MSRP to have it assembled. I said that's more than retail and he went on about how it was already assembled and the other places just give it to you in a box. . I said Lowes assembles it and will even deliver it for free. Idiot on the phone didn't have anything clever to add after that.
    I guess their time in assembling it isn't worth much huh? It takes all of maybe 15 minutes to assemble and egg, it takes about an hour or longer to put together some gas grills. Too each their own, I've never had anything but fantastic customer service from. Sullivan's.

jlupacch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I bought mine at Chef JJ's eggfest earlier this summer. I would look into the eggfest at Sullivan Hardware coming up in August.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought mine at 2 Fat Guys Ace Hardware in Greenwood. It is about 2 miles south of the greenwood park mall on US31. His prices are way below MSRP and Sullivan has complained to the manufacturer before. When asked about it the owner said as long as BGE is sending me product Ill have the best price in the State. They do have a every model on display and nearly all the eggcesserys in stock. When I was in the market, I contemplated buy a demo from eggfest but it was still more then the new eggs 2 Fat Guys sell. They will also deliver anywhere in central Indiana. For example Sullivans charges 825.00 for a large demo and you can get a new for 740.00 at 2 Fat Guys. All I gotta say is if you are in the market and check these guys out. The owner offered me a layaway option so I could pay it off in about 6 months.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I bought mine at 2 Fat Guys Ace Hardware in Greenwood. It is about 2 miles south of the greenwood park mall on US31. His prices are way below MSRP and Sullivan has complained to the manufacturer before. When asked about it the owner said as long as BGE is sending me product Ill have the best price in the State. They do have a every model on display and nearly all the eggcesserys in stock. When I was in the market, I contemplated buy a demo from eggfest but it was still more then the new eggs 2 Fat Guys sell. They will also deliver anywhere in central Indiana. For example Sullivans charges 825.00 for a large demo and you can get a new for 740.00 at 2 Fat Guys. All I gotta say is if you are in the market and check these guys out. The owner offered me a layaway option so I could pay it off in about 6 months.
    Is that with the nest, ash tool and 20# bag of BGE lump?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Which royal oak are you using and liking? There are several varieties out there. I tried Royal Oak "Steak house" lump and didn't like it at all -- went back to BGE.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I don't know if it will still fly but several years ago 6 of us got together and bought as a group. We called the factory and explained that we wanted 6 exactly alike and they sold them to us for 30-35% off (can't remember the exact amount,, Alzheimers and 10 years +/-). It could be if a thread were started here after getting a deal from the factory you could get a good deal.

Handling the financing would be the problem. Maybe prepay with credit card? I dunno but would be interested in a second one if there is a deal again.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Which royal oak are you using and liking? There are several varieties out there. I tried Royal Oak "Steak house" lump and didn't like it at all -- went back to BGE.

The one, the only...

ry.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I went down to 2 Fat Guys this morning and priced out their eggs. I can get a Large Egg with nest and shelf for $1030 from them. The Egg itself was $749.

I then went to Duncan's on 38th and High School Rd. who is also an Egg dealer and they have a deal on Large eggs that include the Egg, nest, shelf and a bag of charcoal for $1049. Being that Duncan's is about 4 miles from my house, I think I will be getting my Egg from them on Tuesday!!!

Top Bottom