• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I am confused.

O'Reilly has told a story of when he was in Buenos Aires during the Falklands War....covering the war
    he had a colleague that was hit by a car...
    colleague was bleeding from the ear while laying on concrete...

Mother Jones (not the most reputable of news sites, granted) is claiming that:
    O'Reilly falsely claimed that he was in the Falkland Islands war zone...(in an apparent effort to "Brian Williams" him...)

Facts:
    Argentina did not know if Britain would invade/attack the mainland or not. Whole theater was a war zone there.
    O'Reilly never claimed to be reporting/writing/hugging womenz/children on ANY of the Falkland Islands...
    O'Reilly DID claim that BA was a warzone, though not attacked.
    This is sort of like Northern Israel getting rocket attacks, and air raid sirens going off in Southern Israel as a precaution. Is Southern Israel in a situation like this not in a warzone?

I'm not a big fan of his, or much of a fan at all. If you are going to attack someone, however, you need to have some actual facts that support you.

Example:
    Claim: Mainstream News outlets like to say that no WMD's were ever found in Iraq.
    Counter: Edward Snowden stole files and released them with classified reports that WMD's were in fact seized. And the report was not classified, and available to the public.
    So....when polticians/media say that Bush Lied...they are the ones in fact lying. Whether from ignorance or malice is beside the point.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No need for anyone to be confused, or waste any brain-power on this. It's a very, very weak attempt by a very, very weak source (Vox & Motherjones) to create a conflict out of nothing.

Brian Williams is a narcissistic liar. That is a thing, and nothing will change that. I'm done caring about it. He's off the air. They've lost thousands of viewers. Justice is done.

Further, nothing that is published by Vox should ever be taken seriously. It is an unserious blog.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Sure O'Reilly wasn't in a war zone, and Joni Ernst isn't a combat veteran. Okay, who's next on the hit list?

These Leftie scribblers, who have no experience of these things (Mssr Williams aside), are certainly imbued with limitless wisdom.

Here are Chris Matthews and David Corn on Fast and Furious, sure I would believe anything he wrote:

David Corn on Hardball admits Fast and Furious is about more Gun Control - YouTube

Last edited:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    No need for anyone to be confused, or waste any brain-power on this. It's a very, very weak attempt by a very, very weak source (Vox & Motherjones) to create a conflict out of nothing.

Brian Williams is a narcissistic liar. That is a thing, and nothing will change that. I'm done caring about it. He's off the air. They've lost thousands of viewers. Justice is done.

Further, nothing that is published by Vox should ever be taken seriously. It is an unserious blog.

I feel the same way about msnbc.com, CNN, HHS, DHS, and whitehouse.gov

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....and in 6 months? I'm telling you, Lester Holt is the man for the foreseeable future....and for a talking head, I like him. He plays the bass.

[video=youtube;-YCeIgt7hMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCeIgt7hMs[/video]

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    O'Riley is an entertainer, not the managing editor of NBC's entire news organization.

Stop watching TV if you can't deal with it. It's ALL lies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just more proof that MMFA doesn't give two ****s about "media". No Brian Williams coverage, but they're all over this non-story.

B-Tm47sIAAAIsAl.jpg:large

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ************** Funny how the left is going after a guy that is somewhat,IMO, at times sympathetic to them.*************

That may be the real meaning of "fair and balanced."
    Never heard of MMFA or VOX, but the MSM/ NPR has had nothing but stories on Brian Willianms over that last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm no more bothered by the lies of O'Reilley than I am Brian Williams, stolen valor idiots or Chris Kyle. I don't treat the words of people as gospel truth because I'm smitten by them.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So, with quite some time for research, claiming O'Reilly claimed he was in a war zone is the only thing they can come up with to support Brian Williams?
    I thought they were claiming FOX told only lies.

If they can't do better than this, they should give it up.
    And so should mrjarrell.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No-one's supporting Williams. People are simply pointing out that a hero of the right is just as guilty as Williams. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about either of them, (although I will admit that O'Really is more than a bit of a jackass and a moron). Interesting to see all his fans out with their jimmies in a rustle, though. They just can't stand it that one of their heroes is a liar.

Top Bottom