• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The point is not that one of ours may or may not live up to some leftard's (double) standards, it's that they assert we have no legitimate grounds to question one of theirs as long as they think they have some questionable grounds to question one of ours.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Claiming O'Reilly is a liar doesn't prove he's a liar, but, if you want to believe it, go ahead.
    Many people believe opinion is more important than fact.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The first 6 words in the OP's link, "A report by Mother Jones finds..." is sufficient for any reasonable and prudent person to know the agenda behind the so-called 'article'. "Grasping at straws" would be an immense understatement. :laugh:

Nothing more than Mother Jones attempting to 'even the score' over Brian William's admitted lie.

Typical libtard democRAT lunacy.

We all know the lib-loons hate O'Reilly and hate his success, but this is pretty stupid, even for them. They're failing miserably, and due to their own ineptitude and lack of actual thought, digging their own grave even deeper than needed, LOL! :facepalm:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Claiming O'Reilly is a liar doesn't prove he's a liar, but, if you want to believe it, go ahead.
    Many people believe opinion is more important than fact.

I'm with Doug on this one. Opinion vs Fact. Believe what you want to and damned the facts. It's the Media for goodness sakes! Division 3 media. Not even worth mentioning they're so "nothing"

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm with Doug on this one. Opinion vs Fact. Believe what you want to and damned the facts. It's the Media for goodness sakes! Division 3 media. Not even worth mentioning they're so "nothing"

They used to be called "The Fourth Estate," now it is more appropriate to call them "The Fifth Column."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I see O'Reilly as more of a talk show host than a serious news person anyway, and I don't think he's ever been shy about stating that what he says is largely influenced by his own opinions. Big difference between that and the anchor of a network news program that is (allegedly) supposed to be reporting facts. Desperation is such an ugly thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    N Interesting to see all his fans out with their jimmies in a rustle, though. They just can't stand it that one of their heroes is a liar.

Quite the stretch based on this thread. Personally, I've never watched him. I'm just pointing out how weak the argument is that you/MMFA/Vox are trying to make on the "But Bush" standards. No hero here.

You've made far better threads than this. Admit it, Friday wasn't your best day.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I see O'Reilly as more of a talk show host than a serious news person anyway, and I don't think he's ever been shy about stating that what he says is largely influenced by his own opinions. Big difference between that and the anchor of a network news program that is (allegedly) supposed to be reporting facts. Desperation is such an ugly thing.

The "nightly news" has been opinion since, at least, the 1964 Presidential election when they discovered they could elect Johnson by putting the vast majority of reports about Goldwater right next to color footage of Viet Nam war casualties. They have used the "power of placement," along with selective non-reporting and the infamous "arched eyebrow," to influence the American people ever since. It may go back even farther. "Lying Network News Anchor" is a humorous redundancy.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I won't know what to think about this until I watch Jon Stewart tonight. Assuming he deals with it. I was disappointed about how long it took him to mention his buddy Brian. And even then he deflected. Disappointing at best.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The "nightly news" has been opinion since, at least, the 1964 Presidential election when they discovered they could elect Johnson by putting the vast majority of reports about Goldwater right next to color footage of Viet Nam war casualties. They have used the "power of placement," along with selective non-reporting and the infamous "arched eyebrow," to influence the American people ever since. It may go back even farther. "Lying Network News Anchor" is a humorous redundancy.

Well, I did say "allegedly"... :):

Top Bottom