• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I may be indeed in error but I don't recall Jesus dedicating his life to accumulating $25,000,000 PLUS a private jet.

My first century history is a little rusty but I do not think dollars nor jets were around then....I've accumulated a lot of things but they are not what I have dedicated my life to. My understanding is that I can not take them with me when I go to Kingdom....

Not even my K 22's...And that hurts...It really does...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I may be indeed in error but I don't recall Jesus dedicating his life to accumulating $25,000,000 PLUS a private jet.

Is that what Graham dedicated his life to?
    So you believe he worshiped the $ more than Christ? That the $ was his goal vs bringing people to Christ?

James 4:11
    Speak not evil one of another, brethren.

Matthew 7 7
    Judge not, that ye be not judged.

I struggled with the rich man in Matthew 19 for a long time. I'm far far ... far ... from a man of wealth. Constant worry over job, mortgage, kid's college, etc etc. But regardless, I used to look at what we have in America, how "wealthy" even our poor are compared to other parts of the world and I was worried I was like that man who couldn't give it all away for others. Once I gained some perspective over the idea that Jesus' point was that NO man can be so perfect to get to heaven through his deeds, I realized that having some things... a smart phone, a savings account, retirement savings, guns I don't "need," etc wouldn't keep me from Heaven. In fact, I now fear the WORRY over money causes me to put more of an emphasis on it than I should vs trusting the Lord will provide.

I'm not going to judge Graham for hanging on to some $ when he has done far more to spread the Gospel than I ever will .....

-rvb

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I struggled with the rich man in Matthew 19 for a long time. I'm far far ... far ... from a man of wealth. Constant worry over job, mortgage, kid's college, etc etc. But regardless, I used to look at what we have in America, how "wealthy" even our poor are compared to other parts of the world and I was worried I was like that man who couldn't give it all away for others. Once I gained some perspective over the idea that Jesus' point was that NO man can be so perfect to get to heaven through his deeds, I realized that having some things... a smart phone, a savings account, retirement savings, etc wouldn't keep me from Heaven. In fact, I now fear the WORRY over money causes me to put more of an emphasis on it than I should vs trusting the Lord will provide.

I'm not going to judge Graham for hanging on to some $ when he has done far more to spread the Gospel than I ever will .....

-rvb

Thanks for sharing that Sir...I am fresh enough from my dunking in Oil Creek to just begin fretting about Matthew 19 and you just alleviated quite a bit of that for me...Thanks for sharing and may God Bless...

At some point perhaps every Christian looks to Heaven and asks, "Am I supposed to be a Hippie Lord?"

Nope...Just keep studying the Word and it will come to you...Thanks again Ryan...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went to his Crusade while stationed in Okinawa in 1980. He was a servant of God and a man above reproach. In an age of hucksters who occupy the pulpit, he was a dedicated messenger of Love, Hope and True Salvation through Christ's Grace and Forgiveness.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Is that what Graham dedicated his life to?
    So you believe he worshiped the $ more than Christ? That the $ was his goal vs bringing people to Christ?

James 4:11
    Speak not evil one of another, brethren.

Matthew 7 7
    Judge not, that ye be not judged.

I struggled with the rich man in Matthew 19 for a long time. I'm far far ... far ... from a man of wealth. Constant worry over job, mortgage, kid's college, etc etc. But regardless, I used to look at what we have in America, how "wealthy" even our poor are compared to other parts of the world and I was worried I was like that man who couldn't give it all away for others. Once I gained some perspective over the idea that Jesus' point was that NO man can be so perfect to get to heaven through his deeds, I realized that having some things... a smart phone, a savings account, retirement savings, guns I don't "need," etc wouldn't keep me from Heaven. In fact, I now fear the WORRY over money causes me to put more of an emphasis on it than I should vs trusting the Lord will provide.

-rvb
    Well said.:+1:

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    For those that fall for the TV preacher crap I see where Peter Poppof now offers a FREE water sample that will make all your dreams come true. Just think. 3 ounces of tap water, and a $25 donation for 'handling' and you too can own 10 Glocks........or 10 Tupperware sets. Whichever you prefer.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Remember when any discussion of religion was off limits on INGO? That was cool.
    No it wasn't.

You got to admit that the religious threads are far more civil than may political threads. I can't recall a single member getting banned for any discussion of a religious nature since lifting the ban.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Remember when any discussion of religion was off limits on INGO? That was cool.

Honestly, this seems to have been more a discussion of Billy Graham than a discussion of religion. That it has included some religion is as natural as discussing music when David Bowie died.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For those that fall for the TV preacher crap I see where Peter Poppof now offers a FREE water sample that will make all your dreams come true. Just think. 3 ounces of tap water, and a $25 donation for 'handling' and you too can own 10 Glocks........or 10 Tupperware sets. Whichever you prefer.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

So....they all look alike to you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Matthew 13:14 :(

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Back in the early 80's he had a fundraiser for his school in Tulsa. Things weren't going well and they were nowhere near the intended goal. He went on the air one night and told his viewers that if the goal wasn't attained that God would recall him.

In the realm of omnipotent beings I'm guessing that 35 plus years to enforce the recall notice is millionths of a second in human terms!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Back in the early 80's he had a fundraiser for his school in Tulsa. Things weren't going well and they were nowhere near the intended goal. He went on the air one night and told his viewers that if the goal wasn't attained that God would recall him.

In the realm of omnipotent beings I'm guessing that 35 plus years to enforce the recall notice is millionths of a second in human terms!

They all look alike to you too.

That was Oral Roberts. Not in the same league, not even close.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They all look alike to you too.

That was Oral Roberts. Not in the same league, not even close.

WOW! So now I've been labeled! Wasn't meant as disparaging just anecdotal. Ironic.

I can give you REAL ammunition if you truly need to label me. I'll end up banned but no personal loss to me, let me know.

Top Bottom