• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the 2nd thread I have had to close and re-open.
    If you are really that upset and want to start a fight or act out please stay in your safe space.
    Vacation time will be the next step.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw this thread when it popped up and skipped it for awhile. Growing up, like some others said, Graham's crusades were a waste of TV time to me. I avoided those things like the plague. It wasn't until much later, pretty much after he got too old to do them, I got to watch an old one. Man! What a great witness. His death hit me like very few other famous peoples' deaths ever have. Rest in peace Brother Graham. I'm sure he's already heard the words "good and faithful servant".

PS--I agree with several of the other posters. Since INGO opened up the religious posting, I've learned a lot. And I, for one, appreciate the many discussions even if they get a little trollish sometimes.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    This thread brought this to mind:

[h=3]Matthew 5:10-12[/h][h=3][/h] “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    From the book of Hulkamania:

John wrote in a letter to The Hulkamaniacs, "God created the Heavens, he created the earth! He created all the Hulkamaniacs!"

And the Lord said unto his disciples, "Train, say your prayers, and take your vitamins".

When asked by his disciples what he was afraid of, the Lord spoke, saying "I fear no man, no beast or evil, brother".

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    88762-billy-graham-quotes.jpg

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well for a guy worth TWENTY FIVE MILLION who owns a PRIVATE jet I can't help think of what Christ said. Sell your cloak and feed the poor. Guess he missed that part of the Bible. Good riddance.

He said sell your cloak and buy a SWORD. See book of Luke

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Back in the early 80's he had a fundraiser for his school in Tulsa. Things weren't going well and they were nowhere near the intended goal. He went on the air one night and told his viewers that if the goal wasn't attained that God would recall him.

In the realm of omnipotent beings I'm guessing that 35 plus years to enforce the recall notice is millionths of a second in human terms!

That wasn't Billy Graham. That was Oral Roberts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    RIP, Mr. Graham.

My mom frequently expressed admiration for Billy Graham, his work, and his message, even though he was not Catholic. That was huge praise and I think he would have appreciated it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wife is in Charlotte, NC for work right now...Just an over night to meet with the staff at two of her hospitals...She has some time to kill before her plane leaves and just called me to tell me she is walking in to the front door of the Billy Graham Family Home...

Also if any of you are watching season 2 of The Crown on Netflix Billy Graham plays a prominent role....Per articles I have read she visited with Graham whenever she was in the US and he did the same when in Britain....The scenes with those two in The Crown are very well done.....

queen-elizabeth-billy-graham.jpg

the-crown-real-life-billy-graham-1514481705.jpg

A nearly 60 year friendship......

Top Bottom