• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    WOW! So now I've been labeled! Wasn't meant as disparaging just anecdotal. Ironic.

I can give you REAL ammunition if you truly need to label me. I'll end up banned but no personal loss to me, let me know.

It's a sad day indeed when I have to bring Salma into a thread about the passing of a man of the caliber of Billy Graham in order to still the waters but I will....

fec530ffecf410fda7ffc0bf32c4abb3--salma-hayek-womens-fashion.jpg

Let's all admire Salma and accept the fact that Billy Graham was truly of a different caliber than most televangelists....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    WOW! So now I've been labeled! Wasn't meant as disparaging just anecdotal. Ironic.

I can give you REAL ammunition if you truly need to label me. I'll end up banned but no personal loss to me, let me know.

I've no desire to argue. You described what I've always viewed as a very negative episode for anyone who calls himself a christian and attributed to the wrong person. This trend of treating every prominent preacher like a televangelist huckster has appeared twice in this thread. There is huge difference between these men, but I guess its fair to lump Billy Graham in with Benny Hinn, Ernest Angley, Oral Roberts and Jim Bakker?

You are concerned about being labeled when you didn't even know who you were talking about? Who is labeling who?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back in the early 80's he had a fundraiser for his school in Tulsa. Things weren't going well and they were nowhere near the intended goal. He went on the air one night and told his viewers that if the goal wasn't attained that God would recall him.

In the realm of omnipotent beings I'm guessing that 35 plus years to enforce the recall notice is millionths of a second in human terms!

Do you mean Oral Roberts?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They all look alike to you too.

That was Oral Roberts. Not in the same league, not even close.

Ah, I see that was corrected. Been to Oral Roberts University... it's actually really nice, and has some pretty nice attractions.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I saw Graham at Bible Land. People would come on the stage and he'd whack them on the head to receive healing.

No, wait... that was R. Lee Ermey.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    For those that fall for the TV preacher crap I see where Peter Poppof now offers a FREE water sample that will make all your dreams come true. Just think. 3 ounces of tap water, and a $25 donation for 'handling' and you too can own 10 Glocks........or 10 Tupperware sets. Whichever you prefer.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I’m sorry you’re so jaded about religion that you trash a great man

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No wonder I relegate myself mostly to the OSUT... even the death of Billy Graham provokes the INGO trolls.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    I’m sorry you’re so jaded about religion that you trash a great man

Not at all. I am 100% Christian and always have been BUT I do get a BIG LAUGH of the idiots that send these 'Jesus Salesmen' money.

Hey if you are a TY believer get that TV preacher Peter Popoff that will send you "MIRACLE WATER" that guarantees you will get money in the mail.

If that makes you happy send him your entire check. Just GOT to have a new jet.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not at all. I am 100% Christian and always have been BUT I do get a BIG LAUGH of the idiots that send these 'Jesus Salesmen' money.

Hey if you are a TY believer get that TV preacher Peter Popoff that will send you "MIRACLE WATER" that guarantees you will get money in the mail.

If that makes you happy send him your entire check. Just GOT to have a new jet.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

For those of you still a little unclear about what trolling is, exhibit A

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That's fine, and almost all us agree. But, you haven't been able to show that Billy Graham was ever one of those. In fact, the only unsubstantiated statement you've made is that he had a great deal of wealth and jet.

OK, so I feel dirty even googling, "Billy Graham Net Wroth", but it brought up an article from Time.
    Long-time TIME contributors Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy, co-authors of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, say that Graham regularly insisted that his crusades be audited and made public to avoid any hint of scandal, and that Graham could have easily made far more money if he wanted. “He was turning down million-dollar television and Hollywood offers half a century ago,” Gibbs and Duffy wrote in TIME in 2007. “He never built the Church of Billy Graham, and while he lived comfortably, his house is a modest place. If he had wanted to get rich, he could have been many, many times over.”

Certainly doesn't put him in the same class as Copeland et al.

It's sad we're even arguing about this.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've no desire to argue. You described what I've always viewed as a very negative episode for anyone who calls himself a christian and attributed to the wrong person. This trend of treating every prominent preacher like a televangelist huckster has appeared twice in this thread. There is huge difference between these men, but I guess its fair to lump Billy Graham in with Benny Hinn, Ernest Angley, Oral Roberts and Jim Bakker?

You are concerned about being labeled when you didn't even know who you were talking about? Who is labeling who?

So based on my case of mistaken identity you've decided that I've lumped in someone you have considerable admiration for with a bunch of people I'm guessing you probably consider to be somewhat lower on the scale. Based on this perceived slight you've lumped me in with someone that made another remark that you consider disparaging and and have made your decision about both of our characters based on those one or two sentences. Rather than a simple "Don't you mean Oral Roberts" you chose to pounce, not only that but you've decided that I have included your messiah in with a bunch of other people of which I've only heard of one. I bet you identify as a good christian too don't you? Blow it out your ass! Your what I like to call a "convenient christian" because you like to put it on when it serves your purpose but will throw down the gloves at the slightest hint of a "dis".

Thanks for proving the point. I KNOW I'm not perfect, you might want to look in that holy mirror of yours occassionally too.

I'm ready CM, hit me but PLEASE make it permanent!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    For crying out loud, can't one of the most honorable men of national stature of whom I am aware die in peace?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I’m sorry I engaged. It was a mistake.

I apologize and am sorry if I made assumptions I should not have. I made observations not worth making.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So based on my case of mistaken identity you've decided that I've lumped in someone you have considerable admiration for with a bunch of people I'm guessing you probably consider to be somewhat lower on the scale. Based on this perceived slight you've lumped me in with someone that made another remark that you consider disparaging and and have made your decision about both of our characters based on those one or two sentences. Rather than a simple "Don't you mean Oral Roberts" you chose to pounce, not only that but you've decided that I have included your messiah in with a bunch of other people of which I've only heard of one. I bet you identify as a good christian too don't you? Blow it out your ass! Your what I like to call a "convenient christian" because you like to put it on when it serves your purpose but will throw down the gloves at the slightest hint of a "dis".

Thanks for proving the point. I KNOW I'm not perfect, you might want to look in that holy mirror of yours occasionally too.

I'm ready CM, hit me but PLEASE make it permanent!

You know, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake." probably would have been a better choice.

I so want to be done with this thread.

I might regret making this even more of a religious discussion, but...

As to the, "look in the mirror", I'd say that no one think that Christians are hypocritical than true Christians themselves. I, for one, am a massive hypocrite (my wife will confirm this), that's why I'm in church, to try and change that.

Top Bottom