• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm sure they have GPS trackers on them, but....c'mon.....
    You probably didnt mean this towards me but just to clarify I was meaning purchase one not steal one.
    I saw some of these zipping around yesterday and they look heavier duty than the ones we already purchased for our kids. The ones we have now for them arent cheap but they are heavy as hell and a chunk of steel. Also not the same big tires like the downtown ones.
    I'd seriously like to find one.
    I saw a racecar driver zipping around on an electric skateboard at the track. It looked like a regular skateboard but as I watched him he never put his foot down yet was gaining speed. I looked up close as he passed and he had a small wireless remote control in his hand. Unreal.
    I want one of the gas powered cooler carts!! I need to sit myself. I wouldn't be able to stand or balance on a scooter. But my kids would love one of these

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No. it was a general comment not directed at anyone.

I wonder what the "shrinkage" rate has already been. I mean, some have to be missing already.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I wonder what the "shrinkage" rate has already been. I mean, some have to be missing already.
    Ha I figured. Just wanted to make sure though as I re-read my comment lol. Dont wanna give any wrong impressions especialy about that kind of thing.

Yes you're right. I bet so. They are tiny little things. Very cool concept.
    One thing I thought about as a plus from having worked downtown years past, is say you get an hour for lunch (some people may not get that) and you're wearing a suit and some nice leather Johnston & Murphy's ;) so you cant get those scuffed up running or walking too fast, not to mention sweaty feet in leather shoes. And theres a lot of other people wanting to eat too so all the food places are packed, so you're gonna lose a lot of time just walking, then waiting in line and walking back. Then you're all sweaty too, yuck.
    If you have a scooter you can significantly cut down travel time. More time to eat, possibly beat the crowd, not sweaty, no scuffed up custom leather shoes. Win win

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You probably didnt mean this towards me but just to clarify I was meaning purchase one not steal one.
    I saw some of these zipping around yesterday and they look heavier duty than the ones we already purchased for our kids. The ones we have now for them arent cheap but they are heavy as hell and a chunk of steel. Also not the same big tires like the downtown ones.
    I'd seriously like to find one.
    I saw a racecar driver zipping around on an electric skateboard at the track. It looked like a regular skateboard but as I watched him he never put his foot down yet was gaining speed. I looked up close as he passed and he had a small wireless remote control in his hand. Unreal.
    I want one of the gas powered cooler carts!! I need to sit myself. I wouldn't be able to stand or balance on a scooter. But my kids would love one of these

In case you were curious this is the scooter that bird uses

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Elect...ic+scooter&dpPl=1&dpID=419WeK7VbqL&ref=plSrch

The scooter like uses in an "in house" developed scooter

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well that was fast. One of the companies pulled all of their scooters from the streets. One week after someone smashed their face in hitting a pothole. But it may have more to do with the regulations than the accident.

Crash:

https://www.wthr.com/article/indianapolis-man-seriously-injured-scooter-crash

city council votes to regulate them: $15,000 license for company annually and $1/scooter/day

https://www.wthr.com/article/city-county-council-votes-regulate-scooters-indianapolis

bird and lime each worth over $1 billion now

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...er-start-ups-are-suddenly-worth-billions.html

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I used to work on a non profit board that did similar stuff with rental electric bikes. These types of things have GPS trackers typically hidden in the frames. If you take one of these, they will find you and they will prosecute you and get their stuff back.

It's not worth stealing these types of things. Our shrinkage rate was 0.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Well that was fast. One of the companies pulled all of their scooters from the streets. One week after someone smashed their face in hitting a pothole. But it may have more to do with the regulations than the accident.

Crash:

https://www.wthr.com/article/indianapolis-man-seriously-injured-scooter-crash

city council votes to regulate them: $15,000 license for company annually and $1/scooter/day

https://www.wthr.com/article/city-county-council-votes-regulate-scooters-indianapolis

bird and lime each worth over $1 billion now

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...er-start-ups-are-suddenly-worth-billions.html

and the government takes more from the tax payers and tosses it into the great black hole.

Rates will be adjusted accordingly, unreal. Its either right or its wrong, money shouldnt have anything to do with it.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Lime made the comment that Indy is way more expensive than all the others. Hopefully that doesn't jack up rental prices.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have informed Bird and Lime that if their scooters end up on the sidewalk in front of my business I will put them in the dumpster. They are not supposed to be on the sidewalk and they create a hazard to people walking on the sidewalks. They can come and get them out of the dumpster.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Get off my lawn!

Do you keep kids balls that bounce into your yard too?

I have informed Bird and Lime that if their scooters end up on the sidewalk in front of my business I will put them in the dumpster. They are not supposed to be on the sidewalk and they create a hazard to people walking on the sidewalks. They can come and get them out of the dumpster.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Wow, where is your business, I'll be sure to not park one in front of it. Also where else but the sidewalk are people supposed to park them? Have a bad attitude About bikes too?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, where is your business, I'll be sure to not park one in front of it. Also where else but the sidewalk are people supposed to park them? Have a bad attitude About bikes too?

I hate the damned things. The reasons are many. To many to type out but I do not like them. If the man does not want them on the sidewalk blocking his business what is the issue.
    They are a nuisance. I have to pay fees and taxes to own and ride a motorcycle on the streets. Insurance etc. I have seen some serious nuts on these in the short time they were around.

This is of course JMHO and no knock on those who might want to use them.

Oh, pay to park them in a spot like I have to. Makes perfect sense to me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom