• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I have rented the scooters, thought it was handy to go around downtown. For those that want the scooters gone, that is fine get rid of the bikes (private and rentals) and Blue electric cars too. Why do we subsidize the electric cars, cultural trail etc.. I want my lanes back that were allocated for bike paths. Bikes don't care about traffic laws and use the sidewalks, bike paths and roads at will.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have rented the scooters, thought it was handy to go around downtown. For those that want the scooters gone, that is fine get rid of the bikes (private and rentals) and Blue electric cars too. Why do we subsidize the electric cars, cultural trail etc.. I want my lanes back that were allocated for bike paths. Bikes don't care about traffic laws and use the sidewalks, bike paths and roads at will.

Completely agree on the Blue cars. I'd rather have the parking spaces back. You want a car rental business? Buy a lot.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We got lime bikes last year. in the first few weeks they drug a few out of the river. They are abandoned all over the north side. A lot of them are laying on their sides. A while back they found several in Niles across the state line. There is talk of combining the two cities.

And now they are looking in to Scooters: https://www.southbendtribune.com/ne...cle_61cec62c-088d-58ff-bc2d-3e1ea7a9f901.html

We will see what happens in the future that is Liberal Utopia that is the Mayor Petey's Crime Spree City of South Bend. I am just glad I am out of the city limits. I'd like to be farther out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If sorta, kinda related.
    Just months after its launch, the plug is being pulled on a popular bike share program.

Posted: Jul. 24, 2018 6:02 PM
    Updated: Jul. 24, 2018 7:27 PM
    Posted By: Lacey Clifton
    TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Just months after its launch, the plug is being pulled on a popular bike share program.

Scroll for more content...
    The company Spin, which operates the bike share program on the campus of Indiana State University, has decided to retire their operation nation-wide. The company says it's decided to become strictly a motorized scooter share company, so that's why they're canceling the pedal share program.

LINK | INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY'S NEW BIKE SHARE PROGRAM GOING WELL

It’s unfortunate the program is going away because it was a hit in the Terre Haute community. Officials say there were more than ten thousand rides locally since mid-April. That's with a mix of ISU students and community members.

News 10 spoke to Nick McCreary from the ISU Office of Sustainability. He says the loss of this program is a huge blow for the campus community.

McCreary says, “It's disappointing. I wish that it wouldn't have been pulled because it was a good opportunity for our students and community members to travel around cheaply, get exercise, and not burn any fossil fuels which is all positives in my opinion.”

Campus officials say ISU was not given any advance notice of the cancellation. The spin bikes will be removed this Friday, July 27th.

McCreary says they plan to find a program to replace Spin, and some good news, it will still be open to the community.

LINK | NEW BIKE SHARE PROGRAM ROLLS OUT ON ISU'S CAMPUS

He says, "We couldn't like get down to the numbers of how many community members versus students rode. But we're pretty sure it was a lot of community members since there are not that many students here and we had ten thousand rides, right? So yeah, definitely, I mean transportation equity should be for everyone, not just for students here."

With the Spin Bike Program, people have the option to pre-pay for rides. So, what happens to that money since the program is ending?

McCreary says the Office of Sustainability is hoping to get that answer from Spin by the end of the week. News 10 will continue to follow this story.

Related Content

Spin bike program

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It didn't take too long for someone to get run over while illegally riding on the sidewalk. It also didn't take too long for the bozo to get some lawyers to blame everyone else.
    We'll all be paying for this mess pretty soon.
    https://fox59.com/2018/09/20/downtown-scooter-crash-caught-on-camera-lawsuit-could-be-filed/

Riding illegally on the sidewalk, faster than foot traffic would go, without a helmet? If I'm on the jury he gets nothing and can pay to wash the truck that hit him if it needs it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It didn't take too long for someone to get run over while illegally riding on the sidewalk. It also didn't take too long for the bozo to get some lawyers to blame everyone else.
    We'll all be paying for this mess pretty soon.
    https://fox59.com/2018/09/20/downtown-scooter-crash-caught-on-camera-lawsuit-could-be-filed/

He says technically he wasn't on the sidewalk but the security cam footage clearly shows him on the sidewalk. :nuts: What an idiot. I think they need to make those fines a LOT higher... like maybe $1000 for the first offense, $5000 for the second offense, 6 months jail for a third. Maybe these jerks would pay attention to the rules then.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    He did not see me breaking the law and hurt me!

when you’re waived out by a traffic person usually you ignore posted signs and such

I'm guessing that the traffic control guy couldn't see the scooter coming because of the parked cars, and that he wasn't supposed to be there to begin with.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised this hasn't happened on the IUPUI campus yet. The blasted things are everywhere and seem like a giant eye sore. Everywhere you look there is a pile of scooters or one trying to run you over at full speed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He says technically he wasn't on the sidewalk but the security cam footage clearly shows him on the sidewalk. :nuts: What an idiot. I think they need to make those fines a LOT higher... like maybe $1000 for the first offense, $5000 for the second offense, 6 months jail for a third. Maybe these jerks would pay attention to the rules then.

The idea is, if you fine them $1,000 then officers are more likely to let someone off.
    Fine them a small amount, and they're likely to write it up.

Top Bottom