Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just watched the video again (several times). I still think he made a furtive move just after opening the door but I can't say it's conclusive. Hard to tell if he made the move or was being pushed (or falling) forward.
    Ya I was trying to figure that out too. I wish they’d just release the information, we know they have all the info they’re just letting the city burn down before releasing anything. Every time I see a video like this it makes me glad I’m not in law enforcement. Those are tough judgements to make in a split second

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Law Enforcement in the United States should at minimum go by The Rule of Armed Conflict that our troops have to use. Just something about shooting citizens while leaving / or running away should be a problem.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Wyatt Earps of today dont have to wait for the bad guy to draw or shoot first.

Not arguing, so please don’t think that, just genuinely curious about this part. What is the guidelines for an officer to use deadly force?

Again, please don’t take that wrong. I’m not arguing or disagreeing... just honestly curious, I always read that deadly force could only be used in situations where a weapon was present, or an unarmed attack that was likely to end in death or serious injury.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just watched this video a few minutes ago and must say my kneejerk reaction is that it looks bad for the officer(s?) that shot him.

However, without full context of the events leading up to the shooting it is impossible to tell what had occurred. That said, I must believe that if they truly wanted him to stop other measures of less lethal force should have been used. Taser doesn't work? Try again, or several of the officers restrain him. However, in the heat of the moment with only seconds to analyze events transpiring before the officers what should happen and what does happen can differ greatly without any malice intended.

We need more data.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I hope all goes as well as it can for all parties and their families involved.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not arguing, so please don’t think that, just genuinely curious about this part. What is the guidelines for an officer to use deadly force?

Again, please don’t take that wrong. I’m not arguing or disagreeing... just honestly curious, I always read that deadly force could only be used in situations where a weapon was present, or an unarmed attack that was likely to end in death or serious injury.

Not taken that way. But seems many want a cop to wait until he has been fired on first. Because apparently furtive movements toward a weapon, or sometimes where one is assumed to be (what good reason does a person have, while repeatedly being ordered to stop, to reach into a bag, vehicle, etc.?)

Hell, even when a cop sees a gun and shoots first, they are often vilified because they didnt wait to see what the perp was going to do with it first. (he didnt have to shoot my cousin! He was turning his life around! He could have talked to him and asked him to pretty please with sugar on top to put it down first.)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have to go to Lancaster, WI tomorrow for work.

Hmm should I take 90 along the lake, 290/294 loop or stay on 80 to Davenport. Me thinks Davenport is the way to go.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ok.... I’ll try again. Asked on page one. What was the blocky black item that falls to the ground as he opens the door and shots were fired? Anyone notice it Ike are we too busy picking sides to look at what little evidence we have?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Not taken that way. But seems many want a cop to wait until he has been fired on first. Because apparently furtive movements toward a weapon, or sometimes where one is assumed to be (what good reason does a person have, while repeatedly being ordered to stop, to reach into a bag, vehicle, etc.?)

Hell, even when a cop sees a gun and shoots first, they are often vilified because they didnt wait to see what the perp was going to do with it first. (he didnt have to shoot my cousin! He was turning his life around! He could have talked to him and asked him to pretty please with sugar on top to put it down first.)

Thanks for the reply. A lot of good points also, seems I remember a couple years ago people were mad that cops in Indy shot someone that robbed a gas station with a bb pistol... and people were livid that it wasn’t a real firearm and he was killed. That’s just stupid, he knew it resembled a real deadly threat, that’s why he used it to rob the store. I agree with the point about reaching into the vehicle/bag/etc. It’s just hard for me to say that and that alone should be justification to use deadly force, if nothing happened beforehand to lead to the assumption he was going for a weapon.

And thanks for not taking my question the wrong way... I know sometimes through text it’s hard to tell intentions and demeanor.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ok.... I’ll try again. Asked on page one. What was the blocky black item that falls to the ground as he opens the door and shots were fired? Anyone notice it Ike are we too busy picking sides to look at what little evidence we have?

There was an item on the ground that was kicked to a new position during activity in the door area. Is that what you are seeing?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for the reply. A lot of good points also, seems I remember a couple years ago people were mad that cops in Indy shot someone that robbed a gas station with a bb pistol... and people were livid that it wasn’t a real firearm and he was killed. That’s just stupid, he knew it resembled a real deadly threat, that’s why he used it to rob the store. I agree with the point about reaching into the vehicle/bag/etc. It’s just hard for me to say that and that alone should be justification to use deadly force, if nothing happened beforehand to lead to the assumption he was going for a weapon.

And thanks for not taking my question the wrong way... I know sometimes through text it’s hard to tell intentions and demeanor.

But he could have shot the cop's eye out!

So I'll ask. What good reason does one have to ignore officer orders and continue to reach? What is so important in a way that will help the civilian (who is already repeatedly disregarding orders and failing to communicate appropriate intentions) that he needs to continue to ignore cops and keep on reaching?

Have these guys never seen what happens to people in their position? This isnt exactly something new.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

The black object on the ground looks like it may be a handgun. (Block 19?) Anyway, it is on the ground before the guy gets around to the driver's door. Maybe it is a handgun and the officer thought he was bending over to get it, which it does look like he may have been doing. But too much cannot be seen, and you'd think the police would have made a statement by now if it was indeed a handgun.

whatisit.jpg

maybegun.jpg

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nope, and to be clear I’m not saying the officer is in the wrong. I’m just saying if there was no weapon anywhere to be found, this wasn’t a good shoot. I don’t know all the facts so will not say if it was a good shoot or wasn’t, all I’m arguing is the fact disobeying an order in itself shouldn’t be enough to use deadly force. Disobeying an order while a weapon is present is. There’s a huge difference in the 2.

what if the guy said he was going for a weapon? I have heard that claim. the fact it wasn't there doesn't matter if he claimed it was

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That’s the one. Watched it a few times and never noticed it before they got there. It does get moved in the action. Gotta pay more attention

Top Bottom