Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    And Biden chimes in...

uTrgMi5.png

So, decide that excessive force was used by LEOs, and then call for an investigation? That's putting the cart in front of the horse.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    It doesn't matter. How many different teams reviewed the Ferguson event and concluded no charges should have been filed while multiple US Senators, including the one on this ticket still throw out that Michael Brown was murdered. I can't imagine a cop voting blue.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Mistakes can happen.
    Usually not at the expense of a lost honor student.
    Decent enough stats IMHO.
    Plenty of volunteers.

I agree with this 100%. The cops were probably already on alert because of his record, so he didn’t do himself any justice by not following orders. He was a jackass and paid the price for being a jackass. I’m just saying I hope we don’t get to a point where we condone shooting a citizen merely for not following orders. As conservatives, and as gun owners, I think we are pretty well educated in what “following orders” can turn into.

And to clear up any confusion, I always do what LEO’s tell me to do, I turn on lights when I’m pulled over, **** the engine off, roll down all windows and keep my hands on the wheel until told otherwise. I’m not condoning disobeying then, I’m simply stating I don’t believe disobedience in itself should be a green light for deadly force unless other factors were at play, such as a verbal threat to retrieve a weapon or a weapon in view.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So, decide that excessive force was used by LEOs, and then call for an investigation? That's putting the cart in front of the horse.
    I doubt it’s even his words honestly. Look at his twitter page, there’s no way he writes any of that. The guy barely knows his name half the time.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It doesn't really matter if there was a weapon or not, the question that should be asked is what prevented the individual from stopping and following orders?

Does this cop shoot his own family for disobeying? We don't have the runup facts at this point: BUT the guy didn't appear to be threatening the police or anyone else when headed to his car. What is lost if the cops just let him leave? Face? In light of all the cautions that I'm sure are given to all departments this summer?

I look at this and I wonder what we would feel like if it happened in Indianapolis.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It doesn't matter. How many different teams reviewed the Ferguson event and concluded no charges should have been filed while multiple US Senators, including the one on this ticket still throw out that Michael Brown was murdered. I can't imagine a cop voting blue.
    Biden is good for that. He still brings up the Charlottesville thing and totally mischaracterizes what Trump said about it at the time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does this cop shoot his own family for disobeying? We don't have the runup facts at this point: BUT the guy didn't appear to be threatening the police or anyone else when headed to his car. What is lost if the cops just let him leave? Face? In light of all the cautions that I'm sure are given to all departments this summer?

I look at this and I wonder what we would feel like if it happened in Indianapolis.

Except he didn't appear to be just getting into his vehicle to leave. He appeared (to me) to be reaching for something. Don't know if this was a good or bad shoot, but it wasn't like he turned around as if he was just going to sit his butt down in the driver's seat.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, I get that. IF they find a firearm in that door pocket or under the seat, then that's a clear mitigating factor. If not....

you have to ask why he was being stopped. He allegedly broke up a cat fight between two females. What cause is that to stop the man? Because Simon Sez?

Not good enough to draw down on him and then shoot.

Facts, please.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, I get that. IF they find a firearm in that door pocket or under the seat, then that's a clear mitigating factor. If not....

you have to ask why he was being stopped. He allegedly broke up a cat fight between two females. What cause is that to stop the man? Because Simon Sez?

Not good enough to draw down on him and then shoot.

Facts, please.

Agreed. We don't haz 'em.

ETA: But I tend to obey Simon, especially if he's armed.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, mebbe. And so did a bunch of Jews who got on trains.

There is a point where orders are stupid, unlawful and/or injurious to your welfare.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As a matter of fact, I will not turn my back to anyone that is accosting me.

I am an ass and will stand up to anyone that confronts me. I know all of the lawyers say don't argue with cops on the side of the road, but I have on several occasions.

I have never argued when I was in the wrong. I have never gotten out of a ticket, with one exception (he had forgotten his ticket book).

If pulled over I place my hands on the steering wheel, am polite and follow the officers instructions. And I always thank him when he gives me the ticket.

The times I have argued is when they try to teach Me gun in laws that they do not know, but have either heard or made up on the spot. I have always prevailed, so far.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, mebbe. And so did a bunch of Jews who got on trains.

There is a point where orders are stupid, unlawful and/or injurious to your welfare.

Yeah, but putting yourself in the middle of two chicks having a catfight hardly rises to that level. I don't think the "orders" were unlawful in this case. And the "not following orders" got him shot. Doubt that he'd have ended up on a train car to the gas chambers if he'd have just stood still. Most likely would've gotten to go home. :dunno: But keep up that "**** da po-leece" strategy. That's turned out well so far.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He lived there. This was at his residence, from what I understand. The catfight was nextdoor neighbors.

I'm sorry, but so far I see nothing in this LEO's favor.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He lived there. This was at his residence, from what I understand. The catfight was nextdoor neighbors.

I'm sorry, but so far I see nothing in this LEO's favor.

Then why not cooperate? I don't see anything in the LEO's favor either, but I also don't see anything in the guy that decided to go all macho's favor. Me? I'd have said, "Sorry officer. I was just trying to break up a fight." That probably would've ended the encounter. But macho *******s being macho *******s doesn't allow for that option I guess.

Top Bottom