Black Man Shot in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. "Protests" Happening.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    BLM Rioters In Lancaster Hit With ONE MILLION Dollar Bond And Rioting Is DONE

[video=youtube;ypdqXAOaroE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypdqXAOaroE[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just would like to point out, “not black.”

This is something I have pointed out many times. 90% or more of the dip nozzles that are doing this crap are not black. So I am at a loss as to what they are protesting but from the mug shots I am seeing they appear to be angry mental midget outcasts looking to destroy stuff. Just can not see anything else. An excuse to come out of the basement and run amok.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Just would like to point out, “not black.”

Not so fast......
    The twelve adults facing a felony and misdemeanor charges including arson, riot, institutional vandalism, and criminal conspiracy are: Jamal Shariff Newman, 24; Barry Jones, 30; Frank Gaston, 43; Yoshua Dwayne Montague, 23; Matthew Modderman, 31; Talia Gessner, 18; Kathryn Patterson, 20; Taylor Enterline, 20; T-Jay Fry, 28; Dylan Davis, 28; Lee Alexander Wise, 29; and Jessica Marie Lopez, 32.

179796-featured-300x130 (1).jpeg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is something I have pointed out many times. 90% or more of the dip nozzles that are doing this crap are not black. So I am at a loss as to what they are protesting but from the mug shots I am seeing they appear to be angry mental midget outcasts looking to destroy stuff. Just can not see anything else. An excuse to come out of the basement and run amok.
    They’re doing what good anti-racists do. They discriminate against people because of their skin color. “Anti-racists” are not “non-racists”.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    They’re doing what good anti-racists do. They discriminate against people because of their skin color. “Anti-racists” are not “non-racists”.

That's because anti-racists are racist just like antifa are fascist.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    TL;DR, but I did get this from the end of the article:
    The reformer who accepts that racism is bad but only one cause among many for black poverty will try to define the public policies and social structures that do the most to help poor people prosper. This work will require the exact tools social justice doctrine scorns: rationality, causality, quantitative measurement, hard work, and the determination to do something about a situation.
    the social justice movement takes the reductive, insulting position that what blacks are is solely and simply a function of how whites have treated them, which means that any and all prospects for blacks becoming wealthier, better educated, healthier, etc. depend entirely on how whites adjust their own thinking and conduct.

This is social justice’s “noble lie.” Its dishonesty is undeniable, but its nobility is highly doubtful.

As a follow-up- The George Floyd riots are the most destructive in US history and have done major damage to black-owned businesses and areas. Thanks SJWs!

Last edited:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I found that essay to point out many paradoxes in the BLM/woke movement. That is the main reason I found it so interesting and wished to share it.

Several arguments laid out by the author will certainly be immediately rejected by anyone who is "woke".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A suggestion for "reading" long articles. Most phones support accessibility features such as text to speech. Have your phone "speak" the article and then go about your busy-ness while listening.

But anyway, the article cites a lot of Thomas Sowell's work in explaining disparities. He tears apart the idea that systemic racism is the only factor in disparate outcomes between social groups. For example, among the migrants who came to America, those who immigrated from the northern cities of Europe prospered more than those who came from southern and eastern rural areas of Europe. Was THAT because of systemic racism? Of course not. They're all white. It's because those who came from the cities, participated in division of labor, producing generationally experienced tradesmen; they had skills passed down generationally, which were more specialized. Those living in the rural areas of southern and eastern Europe were mostly agrarian and they had few skills that could translate into higher incomes. A 3rd generation blacksmith's labor was more in demand than a farmer who could kinda "blacksmith" a horse shoe. That's not "systemic racism", that's natural economics.

The article also cites Sowell on the advantages of Europeans vs Africans, not because of race, but again, because of Geography. Europeans shared in a mutual appropriation of knowledge from many other cultures, because of their geography. They got around. Africans, especially those who were landlocked, did not have the access to other cultures from which they could share in mutual appropriated knowledge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I found that essay to point out many paradoxes in the BLM/woke movement. That is the main reason I found it so interesting and wished to share it.

Several arguments laid out by the author will certainly be immediately rejected by anyone who is "woke".

The problem with "woke" is that it asserts these social constructs as derived from "qualitative science". Which is another way of saying "pseudoscience", since nothing produced is tested or is even testable. They arrive at this stuff through deconstruction of social norms into critical theories. And by "theories", they're not real ass scientific theories evolved from surviving hypothesis after rigorous testing. They just declare that some social situation exists because of racism without evidence or proof, without testing these theories. Like white fragility, for example. What actual science supports that nonsense? It's the product of a woke mind trained in problematizing everything she doesn't like, and perhaps it's also a product of her own conscience.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I actually enjoy occasionally reading things that are written above a sixth-grade comprehension level. Call me weird.

The essay also points out short-comings of several arguments brought to the forefront by the higher minded thinkers of the race debate that are demeaning to their followers, the sufferers, the very people crying out in anguish, who hold on to those self defeating philosophies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The problem with "woke" is that it asserts these social constructs as derived from "qualitative science". Which is another way of saying "pseudoscience", since nothing produced is tested or is even testable. They arrive at this stuff through deconstruction of social norms into critical theories. And by "theories", they're not real ass scientific theories evolved from surviving hypothesis after rigorous testing. They just declare that some social situation exists because of racism without evidence or proof, without testing these theories. Like white fragility, for example. What actual science supports that nonsense? It's the product of a woke mind trained in problematizing everything she doesn't like, and perhaps it's also a product of her own conscience.

Silly you. In the brave new world science will be what the kommissars say it is. Or else

Top Bottom