Black Man Shot in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. "Protests" Happening.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just would like to point out, “not black.”

From what I have seen Most of the rioters and arsonists are now "not black".

Months ago it seemed that the majority were, but, me thinks the anarchists have glommed on.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

Months ago it seemed that the majority were, but, me thinks the anarchists have glommed on.

The white Antifa types have turned the non-Marxist component of BLM into the “political chumps” that Malcom X identified so long ago.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not so fast......
    The twelve adults facing a felony and misdemeanor charges including arson, riot, institutional vandalism, and criminal conspiracy are: Jamal Shariff Newman, 24; Barry Jones, 30; Frank Gaston, 43; Yoshua Dwayne Montague, 23; Matthew Modderman, 31; Talia Gessner, 18; Kathryn Patterson, 20; Taylor Enterline, 20; T-Jay Fry, 28; Dylan Davis, 28; Lee Alexander Wise, 29; and Jessica Marie Lopez, 32.

View attachment 91147

Title I mean...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

This is my personal opinion, but the black rioters, I think for the most part, probably aren’t actually all that politically savvy. I think the see an excuse to loot and tear up stuff, and get to doing it. I have a hard time seeing the guy with a tattoo across his forehead, and reeking of weed, standing in line to vote.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    This is my personal opinion, but the black rioters, I think for the most part, probably aren’t actually all that politically savvy. I think the see an excuse to loot and tear up stuff, and get to doing it. I have a hard time seeing the guy with a tattoo across his forehead, and reeking of weed, standing in line to vote.

I think you're spot on; many of the legitimate, peaceful protesters want to gain attention to their cause. The guy with the forehead tattoo, reeking of weed is probably an opportunist. So many people are seeking any excuse to behave badly.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My buddy that lives in Harrisburg said a young white college girl studying liberal arts is sitting in jail with a Million Dollar Bond. I’m betting she now knows what it means when the officers give the order to disperse. Mom and dad must be so proud!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My buddy that lives in Harrisburg said a young white college girl studying liberal arts is sitting in jail with a Million Dollar Bond. I’m betting she now knows what it means when the officers give the order to disperse. Mom and dad must be so proud!

good.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sounds like she just received a very expensive life lesson.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Judge Sets Allegedly Rioting Sorority Sister’s Bail At $1 Million, Dad Outraged

Speaking to The Associated Press, Patterson’s father Chip Patterson called the $1 million bail “obscene.”

Everything that I know so far, which is not a lot, indicates that Kat is not guilty of those charges,” he told the news outlet. “But then again, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Dad doesn't know much about the details of the arrest, but she's innocent. :n00b:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just would like to point out, “not black.”

A suggestion for "reading" long articles. Most phones support accessibility features such as text to speech. Have your phone "speak" the article and then go about your busy-ness while listening.

But anyway, the article cites a lot of Thomas Sowell's work in explaining disparities. He tears apart the idea that systemic racism is the only factor in disparate outcomes between social groups. For example, among the migrants who came to America, those who immigrated from the northern cities of Europe prospered more than those who came from southern and eastern rural areas of Europe. Was THAT because of systemic racism? Of course not. They're all white. It's because those who came from the cities, participated in division of labor, producing generationally experienced tradesmen; they had skills passed down generationally, which were more specialized. Those living in the rural areas of southern and eastern Europe were mostly agrarian and they had few skills that could translate into higher incomes. A 3rd generation blacksmith's labor was more in demand than a farmer who could kinda "blacksmith" a horse shoe. That's not "systemic racism", that's natural economics.

The article also cites Sowell on the advantages of Europeans vs Africans, not because of race, but again, because of Geography. Europeans shared in a mutual appropriation of knowledge from many other cultures, because of their geography. They got around. Africans, especially those who were landlocked, did not have the access to other cultures from which they could share in mutual appropriated knowledge.

To put a finer point on it, if what they were saying were true, we would not have ANY successful black people due to systemic racism. So no Sowell, no Herman Cain, no Dr Ben Carson, and most of all, no Obama. By their ideals, none of these successful individuals would have risen to their respective positions.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    To be fair, there's that whole Eight Amendment thing against excessive bail.

Not that we are necessarily a nation of laws anymore.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    To put a finer point on it, if what they were saying were true, we would not have ANY successful black people due to systemic racism. So no Sowell, no Herman Cain, no Dr Ben Carson, and most of all, no Obama. By their ideals, none of these successful individuals would have risen to their respective positions.

But they were all Uncle Tom's, Gray Boys and ASSimilationists.

To be fair, there's that whole Eight Amendment thing against excessive bail.

Not that we are necessarily a nation of laws anymore.

And there is the principle of quelling the insurrection.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Top Bottom