• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If Blago really had something on Obama don't you think he would have used it to better his case? Also, on one of the tapes they keep playing, Blago really disses Obama. Remember, Obama wanted the criminal Valerie Jarrett to get the senate seat and Blago wouldn't do it. Time will tell, but I'd be surprised if Obama cuts him any slack.

As egomaniacal as BO is, He is still a peon serving the larger master of the Democrat party. He will do as he is told, just as Blago did. There may be in fighting amongst the party elite, but it doesn't effect their stategies. Blago knows he will get the pardon, that's why he kept his trap shut and fell on the sword. He didn't need to cut a deal with Fitzgerald.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    r73hw1.jpg

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Laws should never be applied in an effort to make an example of someone...at least not in a democratic republic. Perhaps mother Russia would suit your ideals better? :rolleyes:

I am sorry it came out that way. I did not mean the law should not apply to everyone, but I really believe the laws are too lax on these individuals. People like Blagojevich make me sick. These people are trusted to make decisions that are for the better good of millions of people. They take an oath to do what is right! How much are they paid? Look at their pension! They can write books and do public speaking for the rest of their life, but that is not enough. They want to make an easy $ and sell a seat! It does not matter if that person is the best for the job or not....as long as he gets paid! Now that he is caught he gets 14 years in "prison." A Marthe Stewart jail cell. This guy went against all he said he was. I hate liars! :patriot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It is loyalty, something the Republicans lack.

What did Rostenkowski have to offer Clinton for his pardon? Nothing. Nothing but being a good soldier of progress.

Bush wouldn't pardon Scooter for taking a misdirected bullet on a political scam, but Clinton will pardon a broken down warhorse with his hoof in the till in Rosty? Shows the differences in the parties.

Liar. Both parties are exactly the same.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He has nothing to offer Obama so Obama will keep him under the bus. Being an Illinois transplant to a free State, I am very pleased that today justice reigns in Illinois. Now if they could get the rest of them...

I'm betting he'd get pardoned, when Obama leaves office.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hopefully this shows that the USA in the Northern District of Illinois is up to mucking out the stable that is Chicago. Now that's one stall that really needs to be mucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p54bj8kEgho&feature=related

Does not matter corruption is not knee deep, chest deep or even head deep in this part of the USA. It's in the culture period. It will take generations to ever even attempt to stop it here. :faint:

His replacement will be just as bad, if not worse.
    Yup!

-Jedi

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does not matter corruption is not knee deep, chest deep or even head deep in this part of the USA. It's in the culture period.

USA=>United States Attorney. The chief muckety-muck of federal law enforcement for each federal district (Illinois has three, Indiana has two).

My post expresses gratitude that the USA is not letting Illinois politicians get away with it . . . with a certain exception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGcJbo3Exc

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    USA=>United States Attorney. The chief muckety-muck of federal law enforcement for each federal district (Illinois has three, Indiana has two).

My post expresses gratitude that the USA is not letting Illinois politicians get away with it . . . with a certain exception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGcJbo3Exc

Yes Kirk I know you meant US Attorney = USA. & what I am telling you is that in this part of the country (USA) = Cook County, IL and Lake County IN (ie. greater chicagoland area) the level of corruption is no longer meassured since knee, chest, etc.. It's built-in so the feds can waste all the time they want taking out the top guy one at a time.

We have a gazillion under them waiting to that that spot and doing the same thing the prior one did. Case in point look at all the IL governors that have gone away. :rolleyes:

Look at the City of EC. Got rid of one corrupt mayor (Indiana could not pin anything criminal to him but did sue him still not seen a $1 from Pastrick) and the next mayor (who ran on he will clean up the city) ends up also getting indicted and found guilty by the feds for corrutpion as well. :faint:

-Jedi

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It is loyalty, something the Republicans lack.

What did Rostenkowski have to offer Clinton for his pardon? Nothing. Nothing but being a good soldier of progress.

Bush wouldn't pardon Scooter for taking a misdirected bullet on a political scam, but Clinton will pardon a broken down warhorse with his hoof in the till in Rosty? Shows the differences in the parties.

Don't forget Mel Reynolds, Clinton let him out a little early too.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ll, have to admit I’m not happy with this, Blowme ***** is a ****ing criminal, no more, no less. 14 years was not enough.

ETA: wait, this is bs isn’t it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump commutes sentence of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich

So keeping in line with the tread, from earlier participants:

-Blago is convicted
    -Previous opinion, before today, was that he got less than he deserved; not a peek about it being excessive
    -It is believed the Obama would pardon him at some point; which he did not do.
    -Trump commutes Blago's sentence, and now it was the right thing to do because it was excessive?

The man didn't had no respect for rule of law, and sought to benefit for his own selfish reasons... and got caught. He deserved to do his time. I have no idea why people think this is acceptable; well other than the fact that Trump did it, and he doesn't do anything wrong.

My personal opinion, is that he cut Blago a break because he has some other pardons coming down the pipe, and doesn't want it to look as if its only his allies that benefit from such privileges. We shall see.

Top Bottom