• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Even better when they just post a pic from an online source and not of the actual gun they are selling. That's an automatic no go in my book.

And it's a no-no in the classifieds as well. CM has said a few times that the picture is to be of the actual gun, not a stock picture. Even if it wasn't, I want to see the actual gun I'm thinking about buying. Back before the picture rule existed I was the same way. No pic, I close the ad without even reading it. Flip those revolvers and 1911's over as well, I want to see if it has a lock or idiot mark on it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is how I have always took their meanings:
    BNIB= Brand New in Box- never shot outside the manufacturer, no marks on it at all
    LNIB= Like New in Box- shot a little bit, no marks on it at all
    Mint= is an old gun in new condition

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Here is how I have always took their meanings:
    BNIB= Brand New in Box- never shot outside the manufacturer, no marks on it at all
    LNIB= Like New in Box- shot a little bit, no marks on it at all
    Mint= is an old gun in new condition
    This is the correct terminology. That said, how about "box wear" only. I've seen it used, and bought an Italian FS 92 that clearly has it on the leading edge of the slide. That pistol must have been on the gun show circuit for years. I have since shot it and fondled it......... repeatedly.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And it's a no-no in the classifieds as well. CM has said a few times that the picture is to be of the actual gun, not a stock picture. Even if it wasn't, I want to see the actual gun I'm thinking about buying. Back before the picture rule existed I was the same way. No pic, I close the ad without even reading it. Flip those revolvers and 1911's over as well, I want to see if it has a lock or idiot mark on it.

100%, I report those posts whenever I see them in the classifieds.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    The other day I saw an ad that said LNIB only 500 rounds fired. I was thinking to myself, I seriously doubt its like new if you've fired 500 rounds through it. I've noticed descriptions on condition seem to vary from person to person. Sometimes "very good" means half the finish is gone, there are gouges in the frame, and the grips are cracked.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The other day I saw an ad that said LNIB only 500 rounds fired. I was thinking to myself, I seriously doubt its like new if you've fired 500 rounds through it.

Probably an honest difference in viewpoint. 500 rounds for a lot of folks is a couple days of practice and a match on the weekend, for other folks it probably would be a lot more than just one average weeks worth of shooting.

Top Bottom