Bob Rohrman's in Fort Wayne sucks...avoid at all costs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    All I'll say is that I hope you are able to come out of this with a decent car without too much more aggravation.

That's honestly all that I want. I'm not expecting any kind of retribution or reimbursement... all i want is a vehicle that wont need to go to the shop after less then 20 miles of driving...

Rohrman is a POS. I had the displeasure of being in the same elevator as him at IMS. The was he treats people is disgusting. I refuse to deal with that shyster.

unfortunately hindsight is almost always 20/20... we bought a 2004 Tahoe from Fort Wayne Nissan 2 years ago and it has been a good vehicle. No issues i didn't expect...worst was some broken exhaust manifold studs last summer. Not earth shattering and i was able to take care of it pretty easy. this deal just plain stinks to high heaven...I'm doing everything i can to avoid any kind of legal action since that doesn't do anyone any good.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    And the personal attacks start.... There is a surprise...

It's a sarcastic world and yes, people here are going to give you tons of S**t, especially when you go on the defensive. No one here is perfect even if they give you the Mr. Perfect answer. There is a ton of knowledge and real world experience that allows them to give you the Mr. Perfect answer. We've all been screwed over at one point. Learn from it and then you can be the one being the smartass.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Hey its INGO what do you expect? I learned a similar lesson many moons ago; never inspect a vehicle in the cold, dark, rain ,snow, hurricane etc. You need to be able to take your time,if they aren't willing to accommodate i walk now.

Not that it would have made a difference in this instance but it "might" have saved you some grief. Good luck with your endeavor.

BINGO! That was my first hand experience. I bought a car on a crappy misty night and couldn't/didn't do a decent inspection. I was 18. I wanted the car and bought it anyway. 2 weeks later the engine was apart and a new head gasket was being put in. That was my fault and I've learned from it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OP: Be sure that you really keep track of the days your car has been in for repairs. Compare that closely with the warranty that came/comes with the vehicle.

They may hem & haw around so much that the day'll come when the issues aren't resolved by the time the warranty is out...and the dealership knows this.

The BBB is mostly a toothless pay-to-play scam. The attorney general is a MUCH better route, IMO. Especially if dealerships are somehow required to report engine swaps/etc to some kind of clearinghouse that CarFax gets their information from.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When I was selling cars, I had the chance to make a deal on a hail damaged black Monte Carlo SS...in the rain. I had the car brought inside and dried so the potential buyer could look at it. Didn't make that sale, but I eventually sold it.

Two points:

#1 Am I that honest? Maybe, but the first time the buyer saw it dry he'd be back and I'd have a problem. Call it equal parts honesty and self-interest. I have never understood why dealers put themselves through the hassle of non-disclosure.

#2 I left that business a long time ago for many reasons, but among them was what was "normal" in the business.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Even though I don't like how you (the OP) have responded to good advice from several INGO'ers which certainly wasn't intended to be demeaning, I'll offer a bit myself, of a different nature.

I really doubt you'll get anywhere with legal threats based on lemon laws. I would find the best local news ****-stirring "Call for Help" type program and tell the story. Get the guy with firsthand knowledge of the car's history involved. This kind of bad P.R. gets a business' attention faster than anything else.

If you're successful getting a second chance to make a better decision, I encourage you to re-read this thread with more logic and less emotion.

WRTV, 6 in INDY, has such a thing .....

I think probably all local news, does .....

Some by phone, some by computer .....

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Few things to note, after reading through all these posts.

I have some family in the car dealer business, that have worked with the Rohrman dealerships and they don't have many positive things to say about them.

My cousin just moved up here from FL, he is a auto tech and needed a job. He started working at the Subaru dealership mentioned in this thread about 2 weeks ago, and he knows its not where he wants to be.

Bob Thomas Ford, I feel is in the same boat as the Rohrman dealerships. I have had issues with them, that I had to call them out on multiple times when they were "fixing" my wifes Mariner. Thankfully I have never been back and the O'Daniels in New Haven have always been good to me.

I was in the market for a late model S197 Mustang earlier this year and during my search I would see them at the Rohrman dealerships but were always over-priced by 5k-10k. I did find one in Ohio and the dealer treated me well and I got it for a fair price. Like others have stated in the thread, I don't have a dog in this fight but I hope that you see that you can never be to careful when dealing with dealerships. Good luck OP, I will be on the look out for a black mustang like yours around town.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I do not believe the Indiana Lemon Law applies to a vehicle of this age with this many miles.

Of note, it was "probably" never a "lemon" until Cletus started hot rodding it.
    Left in its stock state it would have had a fraction of the current problems, even after all these years.
    Reliability is a word not often associated with aftermarket high performance.

......Good luck OP, I will be on the look out for a black mustang like yours around town.

It should be easy to spot following so closely behind a tow truck.........

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My family has bought 4 Honda Civics from Bob Rohrman Indy Honda on the Indy's south side. Never a problem in all of these years.

Civics, especially if new, are not the kind of cars that will let you see what a dealership is like when things go sideways.....because they hardly ever go sideways with a Civic.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My family has bought 4 Honda Civics from Bob Rohrman Indy Honda on the Indy's south side. Never a problem in all of these years.

That has a lot more to do with being Hondas than with whatever dealership sold them.
    If reliability is my number one concern, my car will say Honda or Toyota on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom