Bob Rohrman's in Fort Wayne sucks...avoid at all costs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    yes it does... the story keeps getting worse... filed a complaint with the states attorney generals office and it pretty much didnt go anywhere.

The check engine light came back on the day after getting the car back from the first round of repairs.... then last Tuesday (8/1/17) the car went in to bob thomas at the request of bob rohrman's (dealer i bought it from). They confirmed that the car needed a drivers side cat and that the other code was a PATS code.
    Rohrman's then sends the car to Tuffy's to have the exhaust fixed. then argues with me about the throw-out bearing noise. claiming I need to take it up with Rohrman Subaru since they replaced the slave cylinder. Ummm...no... they finally agreed to fix it, by taking it to Subaru themselves.

After the inept service manager and 2 useless techs at Subaru looked at the car, they claimed it didn't make a noise.
    The sales manager who drove the car there finally realized what the noise was (throw-out bearing making the typical dry bearing noise which i explained to him...and to the Subaru people on a speaker phone call with the sales manager) and his shop then confirmed it.

Today he calls me to try and tell me that the clutch components are not covered under their warranty and when Subaru replaced the slave they did not replace the throw-out bearing. This is a complete fabrication of the truth. The slave/throw out bearing is one unit on this vehicle. You can't physically replace one without the other.
    I sent two messages to the mediator i was assigned by the states attorney generals office. Finally I called the person and she told me that she hasn't even read my correspondence. and give her a few hours and she will call me back.

This is pretty much the cue that nothing will happen...at least in my eyes.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yoy left Two messages and when you didbt get a reply you called her. Lol. You should buy something from SOE gear and get back to us after you ask where your order is 10 minutes after placing it :)

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It wasn't two messages in 10 minutes.....I'm not sure how you got that from my post? I didn't specify the time interval... I contacted her early yesterday and again today...I'm sure they are busy so I called. Not exactly out of the norm or unusual.

Either way she called me back and pretty much said there is nothing they can do....so I get stuck holding the bag no matter what...

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Drive it through the front of the dealership and claim the damn throttle stuck. Collect your insurance check and move on.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not to be a (total) dick as I realize some of what you have shared with us I would consider legimate complaints but at what point will you be satisfied with your 12 year old used car that you bought? Did you purchase the extended warranty? Was one offered? Was there any warranty? As is? It's unfortunate in todays world that you can't trust a persons word any more but car dealers and more specifically used car dealers have been notorious for being liars, charlatans and thieves since the first model a was sold with a promise that yes the a/c works perfectly!

The clutch/slave/TOB thing is definitely a zinger and I'd suspect that they never dropped the tranny if the TOB has "already" gone bad. Not being familiar with the late model stuff I had to look the assembly up and I'd agree they never touched it.

I guess the lemon laws don't apply on a used car and it sounds like the dealer(s) is going out of their way to try and keep that car out of their inventory so you may well be stuck with it. The arbitrator probably has no binding powers and probably won't be able to force them to take the car back so you'll have to decide if the cost and trouble of a lawyer might be better served by putting the money into the car and trying to make lemonade or at least getting the car into sellable or tradable condition. Of course then you set yourself up to start the whole cycle over again. I've been fortunate that I haven't purchased a car from a dealer in a long time and all of my private party purchases have gone quite well thru the years, of course I am slightly higher up the ladder than a shade tree mechanic and have the time, room and ability to work on lemonade when I find myself on the low end of a deal.

Let us know how the final resolution comes out, we may be a tough room but we do share your pain to some extent.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    If you haggled for 5 hours over $30 a month on a 12 year old car with 90,000 miles, they probably know that you can't afford a lawyer. They also know that any kind of complaint you file against them will be buried under hundreds of positive reviews. Dealers aren't required by law to report anything to Carfax so there wasn't any misrepresentation there. As bad as it sounds, your legal recourse on a 12 year old car is a lot less than say, a new or 2 year old used car. Your 30 day warranty was probably a "powertrain warranty" and the list of things they've had fixed for you goes above and beyond what is normally covered. Especially if you didn't have to pay a deductible. It's a life lesson for sure and I'd be happy to direct you to someone in our company if I thought there was anything we could do for you. Your real world options are to either keep it and fix it to your satisfaction, trade it in and take a bath on the value compared to your loan balance, or try and sell it yourself on a rainy night to someone looking for reliable transportation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom