• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't know what caliber his little pocket gun is, but I guarantee that it has less stopping power than my SUV.
    Yes., I agree. Should have used the car defensably. It's morons like hime who make life hard for law abiding gun owners. Last - he is a frigging coward.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Oh - no. I think he's saying that the guy walking up to the car on the driver's side is a good way to get clipped... by the driver moving away at a healthy pace.
    Like - open the door and back up really fast. Then she could have looked down on the ground and asked him what he wanted.

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So here's a question (or 3). Other than blocking traffic, what crime do we have RAS for?

Did he point the gun at her? Is there an allegation that he communicated a threat to her?
    In any case why is he getting out of his car to engage someone. She could have been distressed enough to maybe shoot him. Not smart to open yourself up for unexpected consequences. He felt because she was a woman he could bully her maybe?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had a guy get out of his car and walk towards me. Had kids in car, I was on blood thinners. My gun was strapped into my seatbelt. I was penned in with traffic.

made me realize I was ill-prepared. I popped seatbelt and put hand on gun but he turned around after yelling at me. Not sure how close I would have let him get before getting out of my car. Quite scary. He was nuts.

I would recommend never get out of your car. Then it turns into he said she said road rage fight bla bla bla. If you stay in yiur car and rhey left theirs and are the only person standing on the road then its pretty obvious to any witnesses whats goimg down. If they try to get into your car or attempt to or break your window, it's just like they're trying to kick in your front door. Do what you need to do to stop the threat.
    It's much faster to go from brake to full gas with a hard turn of rhe wheel and then with a large bump than it is to start shooting through glass in a confined space while maintaining brake with sensory overload and also with kids their ears will suffer permanent damage. I mean if it's the only way then ok game on, damaged ears are better than death.

Mike D.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    After knowing more to the story, as there usually is, in my opinion it was still a dumb ass move to get out of the car with his gun visible. Still a good way to get shot or ran over.

Thicker indeed.

My takeaway is when something happens, make sure you are first to report. Otherwise the narrative can change dramatically. As we see, what appeared to be an aggressor, turns out to be a defender/"victim". (not saying "getting out of the boat" with gun in hand is an appropriate way to handle things)

No wonder they didnt report. "Yeah, the guy in front of me drove like an a** so I followed him for a while and he wasnt having it and confronted my stalker-ish behavior."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    More specifically, maybe. Where is it, is it loaded, is it in a "secure container"?

Well that's a good point. Given the context of the discussion, I thought we were talking about actual carrying of the gun, but you bring up an excellent point. Transporting is different than carrying and a LTCH is not required to transport a handgun when the gun is unloaded, not readily accessible and secured in a case.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Questions for LEO members; assuming the incident was as described, were there really no infractions committed by the man holding the pistol, approaching the other car? Conversely, is it illegal to follow someone, assuming you're not on their bumper? It just seems to be such a potentially volatile situation, for no violations to have occurred. Also occurs to me that a man that will get out of his car with gun in hand, ready to take care of business, is someone I would not want to accidentally cut off in traffic. I've memorized that license plate so I can avoid that particular scenario. :)

p.s. I'm working hard to get my 50 posts, but at the rate I'm going, maybe I should just send $$.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Posting this here, because it also reeks of "exaggerated" or "fake"

The post is 17 hours old now, and there's no more detail.

The two images in the post are unrelated to the post's claim. One is essentially a stock photo, and the other is... what I assume to be... a school's policy on firearms.

If this post is even true, and it being a public school, there'd certainly be an easily won First Amendment lawsuit... but until there's confirmation somewhere on this... I'm keeping my pitchfork put away.

Here's the post as it exists now: https://www.facebook.com/cnjfo/posts/904473603066044

The new line clarifies the image used is unrelated.

qdkjbysjoql01.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Questions for LEO members;
    Not a LEO, but I know a little about the law.

assuming the incident was as described,
    Which time? The OP or the later account that told a polar opposite story about who is the bad guy and good guy?

were there really no infractions committed by the man holding the pistol, approaching the other car?
    Holding a pistol is not illegal. Pointing it at someone is. Were verbal threats communicated? Don't know. Infractions? Blocking traffic? Stupid, probably, and dangerous, sure.

Conversely, is it illegal to follow someone, assuming you're not on their bumper? It just seems to be such a potentially volatile situation, for no violations to have occurred.
    It is not against the law to simply follow someone on a public street. Add additional facts, maybe we can come up with something, but just following? Legal. Volatile? Sure, it can be. Sometimes the first illegal thing that happens is violence.

Also occurs to me that a man that will get out of his car with gun in hand, ready to take care of business, is someone I would not want to accidentally cut off in traffic.
    So you can intentionally avoid accidents? More people should do that.

I've memorized that license plate so I can avoid that particular scenario. :)
    I admire your extra brain capacity.

p.s. I'm working hard to get my 50 posts, but at the rate I'm going, maybe I should just send $$.
    You're not working that hard at it.

Top Bottom