• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I watched all of about 30 minutes of pre race coverage. They had some kind of illustration to try to demonstrate the explanation for how this new multi stage race works. Didn't take long at all and I was confused. Then I thought why the heck doesn't this circus show just pull into town, have some all access practice/ qualifying day for front half of the field. Then the next day have a B main for all but say 10 spots and then run a last chance race...as we used to call it.. A Hooligans race to set the field. Bring out some side show on the front stretch to keep people entertained while teams prep for the feature. Shorten the race to say 250-300 miles and bam put the circus tents away while people feel they got their moneys worth in entertainment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I watched all of about 30 minutes of pre race coverage. They had some kind of illustration to try to demonstrate the explanation for how this new multi stage race works. Didn't take long at all and I was confused. Then I thought why the heck doesn't this circus show just pull into town, have some all access practice/ qualifying day for front half of the field. Then the next day have a B main for all but say 10 spots and then run a last chance race...as we used to call it.. A Hooligans race to set the field. Bring out some side show on the front stretch to keep people entertained while teams prep for the feature. Shorten the race to say 250-300 miles and bam put the circus tents away while people feel they got their moneys worth in entertainment.

Monkey's....there has to be monkeys.

You just described (without the big top) Saturday night racing all across this land. Well, with a lot less mileage but the package is close.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Monkey's....there has to be monkeys.

You just described (without the big top) Saturday night racing all across this land. Well, with a lot less mileage but the package is close.

Hey when they bring out the side sow since it's NASCAR they have big budgets maybe bring out some monkeys or some band for a short concert...or maybe even a bikin contest (that always draws a crowd). As for describing Saturday night racing all across the country...yeah it works why screw it up? Plus everyone knows racing is more exciting at night.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just watched the highlights from the other races. Seems like the whole weekend was a crash fest.

Yeah it sounds like it was. Idk if they had some new Aero package or what they have done to make the cars run in a pack...which always sets up "the big one". Just remember there many drivers out there with more talent than some of these guys but lack the needed funds to buy into a ride. And yes every driver has to bring X amount of sponsor money with them very very few get there on skill alone

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just a dumb hillbilly with a TV. I don't have anything invested in the sport other than armchair entertainment. My dad was always a fan and it rubbed off.

I think I like the Monster girls better than the Sprint girls, we'll see have to see more of them. :)

NASCAR-Monster-Energy-Girls-have-Upset-Some-People-1300x800.jpg

I was happy to see Smoke's man Kurt Bush get an exciting Daytona win...

[video=youtube;G4RTCxA1zKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RTCxA1zKo[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just a dumb hillbilly with a TV. I don't have anything invested in the sport other than armchair entertainment. My dad was always a fan and it rubbed off.

I think I like the Monster girls better than the Sprint girls, we'll see have to see more of them. :)

NASCAR-Monster-Energy-Girls-have-Upset-Some-People-1300x800.jpg

I was happy to see Smoke's man Kurt Bush get an exciting Daytona win...

[video=youtube;G4RTCxA1zKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RTCxA1zKo[/video]

Thumbs up on the monster girls ...........:):

I have been in and around racing my entire life. I have watched the controlling body's make some really stupid (IMHO) rules changes over the years. This is across the entire spectrum and it makes me sad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, my friend, you and a few others have mentioned that...

...often. :)

Yup. I know.

Just not a serious fan of "Package racing" or "Spec" racing as it were. Pretty much what we have now.
    If you like it, enjoy it. That is what it is there for.

I watched a lot of the show yesterday. I love racing. Love it. Just hate it with the lack of ability to innovate.

Yes, the manufactures are not cranking out race-able platforms anymore. That is the basis for the one size fits all body rules. Brand loyalty is so lacking.
    I miss the win on Sunday sell on Monday mind set. Guess that makes me officially....:fogey:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I reluctantly watched much of this race yesterday, but this makes me want to watch again next week!

I'm mad Keselowski's car couldn't keep up the pace till the end.

It sure why he fell off but it looked like he ran the tires off of it.
    Was down on speed in the straight but pucker factor on dead tires could account for that.

Top Bottom