• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    NASCAR Sux anymore, it's painfully to watch it. Cars that don't exist with Engines that you and I can't buy. Stages during a Race, 6-8 Caution laps for 1 piece of debris on the Track, etc, etc, etc...... Ill spend my $$$ at local Short Tracks where Real Racing still Lives! I have some Dirt Tracks on this Summers Horsepower Tour schedule.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    But it can make for a good excuse to take a Sunday afternoon nap on the couch...although it seems the new format is making drivers get up on the wheel and stop playing follow the leader. Too bad they are struggling to sell tix

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    although it seems the new format is making drivers get up on the wheel and stop playing follow the leader. Too bad they are struggling to sell tix

The stands reflect how real race fans feel about over regulated Spec racing.
    I am glad enough die hards are hanging tough with the series.
    Yes the new format reduces the pit general running the race. That led to fuel mileage racing and way to much focus on the need to be seen stand behind the pits.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Monster Energy Series update: Schedule for Martinsville | NASCAR.com

martinsville-weekend-sked.jpg

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    The stands reflect how real race fans feel about over regulated Spec racing.
    I am glad enough die hards are hanging tough with the series.
    Yes the new format reduces the pit general running the race. That led to fuel mileage racing and way to much focus on the need to be seen stand behind the pits.

Die-hard fading fast here. Used to watch every race now it's just Talledega,Bristol, and Richmond that I still can't miss. Wish they would bring Rockingham back and shorten the season.

In other news sad to hear Dave Steele's death in Florida.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Die-hard fading fast here. Used to watch every race now it's just Talledega,Bristol, and Richmond that I still can't miss. Wish they would bring Rockingham back and shorten the season.

In other news sad to hear Dave Steele's death in Florida.[/QUOTE

I met Dave through a good friend. He touched a lot of lives.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have the race on inn the back ground just to hear the cars. I love the way they have to beat them at Martinsville.
    Took a look at the stands. That was depressing. If you want to see how healthy the series is look at the stands in Martinsville and Richmond. Not good.

They need to stop playing with the rules. They are killing it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. I think it's a combo of rule changes, cookie cutter cars, ticket costs it will get worse as the season goes nobody wants to pay big money to watch a race they can stay home and watch in HD while drinking beer relaxing in a comfy seat with no line for the restroom oh and no traffic

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Have the race on inn the back ground just to hear the cars. I love the way they have to beat them at Martinsville.
    Took a look at the stands. That was depressing. If you want to see how healthy the series is look at the stands in Martinsville and Richmond. Not good.

They need to stop playing with the rules. They are killing it.
    I agree with this. I'm a relatively "new" NASCAR fan, having only really been introduced to it back in 1999 or 2000, but it seems like every single season there are changes. Now if it's something like the Han device (sp?) that came about after Earnhardt's death that improves safety for the drivers, I'm okay with that, but some of the rules just seem totally arbitrary and don't really seem to serve any real purpose, other than moving the sport ever closer to the old IROC series, where everyone gets the same car. This latest "stages" thing has really taken the cake. The drivers seem to like it, which surprised me at first, but then I realized that it's all about points for them. Winning a "stage" is almost like winning a race for them. I think they're scrambling to just find something to bring the fans back, but so far I'm not much impressed with their efforts.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good point DD, they are just grasping for anything to bring fans back. It seems tha motorsports in general have trouble filling the stands any more. I feel like ticket costs have gotten out of hand and when you couple that with over priced concessions and NASCAR's limited access doesn't help

Top Bottom