• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Way back in my stupid youth a buddy and I stacked up a rather large stack of magazines on a concrete floor and fired an old black powder pistol into the stack. I don't honestly remember how tall the stack was but am guessing 10-12 inches, we were both very impressed when we dug thru the pile looking for the bullet to find it lodged in the concrete floor.

"Things happen for a reason, sometimes it's because you're stupid and make bad decisions!"

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    My son did a 4-H project that involves shooting different types of ammo into old law books to test penetration, but:

#1 We used .22 LR, and

#2 Neither one of us held the book.

The books easily stopped a .22 LR.

What a great use for law books.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just read an article about the same story ...

:ugh:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...boyfriend-youtube-stunt-gone-wrong/438406001/

It said the boyfriend shot another book that did stop the bullet and he concluded that ALL books are therefore bulletproof.
    I also don't see how it's a "prank". :dunno:

Maybe pretending to shoot someone might have been called a prank but shooting someone that agrees (apparently) to get shot is not a prank.

On Monday evening, Perez tweeted that the couple had agreed to carry out "one of the most dangerous videos ever."
    "Me and Pedro are probably going to shoot one of the most dangerous videos ever. His idea, not mine," @MonalisaPerez5 said in the tweet.

No ****!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why not test that theory on a book placed in front of a safe backdrop and see if its true before you stand behind the book:dunno:

They did that, just with a different book.

Perez told authorities that Ruiz thought the prank would work because he'd shot a different book and the bullet did not go all the way through.

Apparently some books are more bulletproof than others.Who knew!

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    LMFAO

too bad they've already bred. It's too late for the world.
    the ONLY person I feel bad for is the 3 year old. Kids don't care if you are stupid or even abussive because they love unconditionally. It's sad sometimes but beautiful others.
    I hate seeing kids crying or being hurt. That's all I care about in this case

I don't know if it's too late. At least the kid will know books aren't bulletproof!

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    In the first test he shot a stack of encyclopedias, all tight together and it didn't go through the first book. so he thought he'd be safe just holding one up.

I guess there's a reason people pay high dollar for them heavy armor plates for their vests and don't just slap an encyclopedia into the carrier.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In the first test he shot a stack of encyclopedias....
    I'm calling BS on this.

Unless he's been in a cryogenic slumber since 1994 or raided his grandmother's attic, where did he get a single encyclopedia, let alone a stack of them?

The interwebz killed the encyclopedia biz.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm calling BS on this.

Unless he's been in a cryogenic slumber since 1994 or raided his grandmother's attic, where did he get a single encyclopedia, let alone a stack of them?

The interwebz killed the encyclopedia biz.

Also you would assume that someone owning a stack of encyclopediae would be smarter than that.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Hey, an encyclopedia is like the internet...only printed on paper...and it works when the power is out. He could have found one in my library...but if he tried shooting any of my books he wouldn't have waited for his girlfriend to do the deed. And I wouldn't have hit the book.

As for this couple? Stupid human tricks. Maybe they'll be in the next Jackass movie. What a bunch of idiots.

Top Bottom