• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    1. Well, my friend, I must stand up and make an apology. (It comes later, but you'll see where I'm going)
    2. I bought this gun so I would not spend $400 - $500 upgrading one of the other two CZ I had: 75B & SP-01.
    3. I have been corrupted shooting other's guns that have been sweetened up.
    4. I drove up to Lafayette to shoot half-a-dozen CZs that had been "liquored up" with Cajun upgrades.
    5. I've learned not to mention names, he said he didn't mind when I asked him, but I got some criticism once so I don't, but you'll know who it is.
    6. Anyway, the first gun I had in my hand (75, I think), when I pulled the double-action trigger I was in disbelief! :wow:
    7. It was the smoothest ever pull in my life, all the way: it never gave up its smoothness. (about a 5# DA pull felt like water, jello, or ...)
    8. He had a Shadow 2 that had "the works," and it was such a pleasure to shoot.
    9. I shot better with his guns than with my Shadow 2. He would take my own Shadow 2 and shoot it better than me, which my best friend here has done with any number of my guns at the range: outshoot me with my own guns. Really hacks me off! :wallbash:
    10. I shot a Shadow 1, a Phantom, a P-10 and some older CZs: I was in hog heaven! :rockwoot:
    11. I even took my Bersa Thunder Pro XT for him to try, and he had to admit it was a fine stock trigger. The seller and I were talking tonight and he has another one and showed me pics of a 5.8 D/A 1st pull and a 2.6 S/A pull: all this on an out-of-the-box Bersa Thunder Pro XT. The seller (and quite the fan of the Pro XT) believes it to be the best DA/SA on the planet, better than most custom jobs. I knew there was a reason I loved it!
    12. Back to my point. Due to my reading and then shooting other's guns even before shooting in Lafayette, I had made up my mind I would get some minor "tuning."
    13. So, even though I said I would never upgrade this "perfect" gun: I am doing a little of it.
    14. There are 3 options/levels, and I'm not doing the full monty.
    15. I originally was going to just have some polishing and trigger and spring work done, but I decided I'd regret it in a year when I wanted more, so I'm going to go with turning the Shadow 2 into a SA only while I'm at it: I never use the D/A at the range anyway and I like the benefits that the S/A brings to the table.
    16. My biggest friend here made the mistake of telling me about the 10x bushing, and after researching it: why not? Reviews were mixed, but it was less than the price of a box of ammo. :laugh:
    17. I wish I had the technical background to have remembered all the choices that was talked about .
    18. I'm taking option 2, adding the S/A to the Option 1 work.
    19. Well, gmcttr, I guess that wasn't much of an apology. :rofl:

19?

In case some of those with a shorter attention span stop in, let me summarize.

Hey, guys! I shot a whole bunch of full on CGW blessed CZ guns. WOW! DA pulls from heaven. SA pulls with the weight of an angel!

My Shadow 2 is getting a SAO treatment PLUS a 10x bushing!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    ^^^^doddg, welcome to the club. It's hard to refrain from tinkering with firearms. I look at it as a way to personalize it. The only guns I have not messed with are some of my father's guns that were passed down to me and guns that I owned for a short time and then decided to sell.

And the guns I got from my father don't need any "tinkering". They are older, high quality firearms that frankly one couldn't take a newer version and do anything to make it near what these old ones are.

Good luck with the updates!

1. I'm looking forward to the little subtle changes, not that I even can tell so much now (but I'll grow into it), but with the way things changed for me in the past year and a half, I thought I'd get a head start on a little "tinkering."
    2. Education can be expensive: I was blissfully ignorant about the 10x bushing. Then there was someone here talking about turning theirs into a S/A only.
    3. Every little thing doesn't cost much, but one thing does lead to another with me. At first I am thinking $100 tinkering, which leads to $200 and could easily go $300, and before long you realize how people can put in double that amount.
    4. I am just trying to have a last fling with retirement looming and I will not be able to indulge.
    5. I was able to get my holy grail .22LR (Smith 41) and have got it doing well with a moderate amount of love with the help of two wonderful members here, and it will be fun to see if it is worth 2 and 3 times the money of my others.
    6. In a perfect world, and in following advice here on the forum, I'd sell everything just buy a very few expensive guns. Maybe I'll grow into that.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    19?

Hey, guys! I shot a whole bunch of full on CGW blessed CZ guns. WOW! DA pulls from heaven. SA pulls with the weight of an angel!

1.) I read the numbers... skipped to the end, and MCAPO for the save.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    19?

1.) I read the numbers... skipped to the end, and MCAPO for the save.[/QUOTE

1. :rofl:
    2. I literally can't quit laughing.
    3. In my comedic world, there is nothing more fun than being made sport of b/c of your idiosyncratic communication style.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    1. I'm looking forward to the little subtle changes, not that I even can tell so much now (but I'll grow into it), but with the way things changed for me in the past year and a half, I thought I'd get a head start on a little "tinkering."
    2. Education can be expensive: I was blissfully ignorant about the 10x bushing. Then there was someone here talking about turning theirs into a S/A only.
    3. Every little thing doesn't cost much, but one thing does lead to another with me. At first I am thinking $100 tinkering, which leads to $200 and could easily go $300, and before long you realize how people can put in double that amount.
    4. I am just trying to have a last fling with retirement looming and I will not be able to indulge.
    5. I was able to get my holy grail .22LR (Smith 41) and have got it doing well with a moderate amount of love with the help of two wonderful members here, and it will be fun to see if it is worth 2 and 3 times the money of my others.
    6. In a perfect world, and in following advice here on the forum, I'd sell everything just buy a very few expensive guns. Maybe I'll grow into that.

My advice which is the advice I received from a few friends in common, was do it all at once. It'll be much cheaper in the long run and the big difference will be worth it. You'll get to fully appreciate the work. I absolutely loved that I went ahead and did the whole shabang. In a single range trip I went from shooting 4-6 inch groups at 5-7 yards on a good day to 4-6 inches at 25 yards. After this, My groups bettered with the rest of my handguns.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...19. Well, gmcttr, I guess that wasn't much of an apology. :rofl:

No apology needed. I had a pretty good idea what I was doing when I handed you my Shadow 2...and you thought I was being nice...:lmfao:

I bought the CGW Pro Kit shortly after I got the pistol but have enjoyed it stock so much that I have little motivation to install the kit. Maybe sometime this winter.

The SA only sounds interesting.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My advice which is the advice I received from a few friends in common, was do it all at once. It'll be much cheaper in the long run and the big difference will be worth it. You'll get to fully appreciate the work. I absolutely loved that I went ahead and did the whole shabang. In a single range trip I went from shooting 4-6 inch groups at 5-7 yards on a good day to 4-6 inches at 25 yards. After this, My groups bettered with the rest of my handguns.

1. I hear you!
    2. After shooting "the member's" juiced-up CZs, I told him I'd never be happy again, but I couldn't let myself go and get options 3 (everything): living with guilty indulgence of "juicing up" the best gun I'll ever had: how will I ever live with it? :dunno:

The funny part is... That is exactly how I communicate in real life including notes and letters.

3. I used to drive others in my car club (S2KCA) nuts with my numbering. :dunno:

OMGIH I see it coming now.......:runaway:

4. I'm afraid to ask "see what coming?" More range targets splashed with my Shadow 2's improved groups! :laugh:
    No apology needed. I had a pretty good idea what I was doing when I handed you my Shadow 2...and you thought I was being nice...:lmfao:
    I bought the CGW Pro Kit shortly after I got the pistol but have enjoyed it stock so much that I have little motivation to install the kit. Maybe sometime this winter.
    The SA only sounds interesting.

5. Yes, I was baited, and fell for it hook, line and sinker: nothing like seeing an innocent, well-disciplined and frugal person lose all sense of perspective and spend more than he could imagine for upgrades for a gun that was already more than he could imagine. :dunno:
    6. Thanks! I am having soo much fun! :lmfao:
    7. When my wife asked why I was going to Lafayette, I told her to shoot guns at the range that were wonderful.
    8. Later I told her about some upgrades. She asked me why. I didn't know how to answer her. Insanity was my 1st thought. I told her to ask the question was not to e able to understand the answer. :scratch:
    9. I believe she is planning the intervention now. :rofl:
    10. Yes, about the S/A. I didn't really care, since I don't really notice all these subtle differences, but my accuracy was a little better shooting the member's guns that had been treated, but mine will only have 1/3 the upgrades and I wanted to capture as much difference as I could w/o spending "too much."
    11. The 10x bushing is an example of that concept: a splurge, but not a large one, even though the difference will be slight: I wanted that edge.
    12. If I'm sorry I did it in the short run, I'll grow into it, if not: another lesson learned.
    13. If retirement makes me poor, whoever gets to buy it will like the improvements, or perhaps I'll keep it and sell the Bersa Thunder Pro XT that I love stock, and the Ruger 1911 Officer 9mm (that I love for no reason other than I love it: it does everything I wanted it to), and, of course there is always the Ruger P95 that I intend to sell sometime anyway. The Ruger single-action .357/9mm will be sold after I'm done playing with it. I have choices, and am happy with that. If my wife dies first, I'll keep all my guns and buy another motorcycle. :laugh: (none, really: just bad dry humor!)
    14. I have violated ever cheap-arse frugal concept that I've ever stood for with this journey: invigorating! Making up for years of denial and self-discipline. :ingo:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    19?

Ahhhhhhhhhh, ok now I understand ddodg lol

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    brought back my Shadow 2 on the pantless highway today. :thumbsup:
    I got to meet him 9 minutes from the house instead of driving 1/2 the day.
    Sweet new straight SAO trigger when I dry-fired it a few times at home.
    Can't wait to get it to the range, maybe tomorrow, but since I'm picking up a new gun Monday to try out another possible larger CC (Bersa TPR9cm), I might wait until I get it before going to the range.
    I haven't had the Bersa Thunder XT Pro back to the range since getting the decocker fixed, so I have most of my 9mm waiting for a range trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom