• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    FN is a nice pistol. I really like the FNX Tactical 45 and the 5.7 - what a screamer!

I don't have any experience with the CZ P-09 BUT....If you are going to have just one CZ (for a limited time only), I would start with the iconic CZ-75. All metal, great ergonomics (for most people), generally very accurate and reliable. If you buy a used one at a fair price that has been well care for, should be a fairly easy resale.

1. Thanks, I wrote that down in my planner! Could be my next acquisition unless I never find with my parameters: must be a great profile, with price being a large factor.
    2. The reason I bought this FNS Longslide, is b/c I suspected it was a great brand and the price was very good, especially compared to others that I saw here and on Armslist. Plus, the "longslide" aspect of it was a clincher, although it was not a 7 in that would be so cool. I saw a long barrel Glock used that was awesome!
    3. You'll notice I am refraining from mentioning price and seller: I was "dinged" for that. (I'm trying to win back trust :laugh: )

Do you have the flat backstrap in or the archef one?
    My FNS came with one of each. Arched I shot low, flat was pretty much on.

4. First, it came in the coolest box of any gun I've had: hard case but a soft huge inside padding: I'm impressed!
    5. It had 2 (maybe 3, not remember) different backstraps, and I put on the largest.
    6. What is humiliating is that I could NOT get off the one on the grip (I have sufficient hand strength), and the seller came by after evening shift work and did it for me, showing me how (it was still difficult, even for him, but he knew how to "twist" it so it could be muscled off w/o breaking/snapping it).
    That is my defense, and I'm sticking with it! :dunno:
    A most wonderful guy who was so patient and acted like he didn't mind helping this idiot out at all. :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A CZ75 will be within $500. If you buy an FN 5.7; I might just faint.

1. I did the Math the other day, and all my guns now are at an avg./mean of $262, with outliers of $175 and $600 +Tax and +3% "fee." ($660)
    2. I am not ready to step up to the $500+ range (only did that for a Ruger GP100 22LR, SS, 6 or 6.5 barrel, 10 shot).
    3. News flash: you are not going to believe this but while typing this I got a return text and then called him, who I have bought off of twice and I'm buying another gun off him this pm. When it is my hand I'll write my usual memo about it: you'll be surprised; I am. I did something I said I'd never do. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You can never go wrong and will never be dissatisfied by any FNH product, they are by far my favorite!

1. Wow! That is exactly what a newb wants to hear when he has stretched out and bought an "unknown" brand! :thumbsup:
    2. Wait till you find out what my purchase was today over the phone: sight unseen. Trust in a member here (dealt with 3 times now).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought another FNS.
    This is it:

FN1.jpg

Full size FNS-9 pistol with 4" barrel and factory bronze finish slide.
    Comes with 17 round mags x3
    soft pistol case
    Safariland Thumb Drive belt holster with adjustable cant.
    3 dot sights
    Laser's Edge Studio aluminum rear slide plate (Wolf design, as shown).
    250 rounds through it. It shoots very well. (comment from previous owner)

I just added this to my FNS "collection."
    Just an inch smaller barrel than the Longslide that I bought and started this thread about.
    I thought the price was too good to pass up, and since I have dealt with the seller with my Shield 9 and the FNS-9 Longslide, I had total trust as to its "profile."

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm not officially supposed to be on here perusing, because we're in process of moving and my wife will kill me, but "if" I were here I would say that bronze FNS is one fine sexy looking pistol. I've had some serious thoughts of getting an FNS in the future and having the slide milled for an RMR. :cool:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm not officially supposed to be on here perusing, because we're in process of moving and my wife will kill me, but "if" I were here I would say that bronze FNS is one fine sexy looking pistol. I've had some serious thoughts of getting an FNS in the future and having the slide milled for an RMR. :cool:

1. I had a chance to shoot it at the range tonight, comparing it to my beloved Glock 26.
    2. Short version:
    FNS same as Glock at 30' in 2" and 4" and 8" with Glock edging out by 1 round at 6"
    FNS beat the Glock at 10" and 12" and 14"
    Overall FNS beat the Glock.

At 20' the FNS beat out the Glock in every category.

I can't wait to test the FNS Longslide 5" against the FNS 4" (to me the Longslide should have been 6" or 7")
    I really can't wait to test it against the Ruger P89SD.
    It could be bye bye for the Ruger if it can't do better, and I suspect the FNS is a better shot: but I'm inexperienced and as my wife says, "I'm just speculating." :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally got to go to the range to tests the FNS Longslide (5" barrel) against the FNS Bronze (4" barrel).
    My vacation getting hip surgery slowed me down some. :dunno:

Shot version:
    Q8Vg871.jpg

Top row: 30'
    Bottom row: 20'
    Bronze on right side top and bottom.
    Longslide on left side top and bottom.

Totals:
    Red = Longslide x10
    Red = Bronze x 9

Red + Grey = Longslide x22
    Red + Grey = Bronze x19 or 20 (not exactly tell)

Red + Grey + Black = Longslide x28
    Red + Grey + Black = Bronze x22 or 23 (not exactly tell)

Bronze shot low and I had to bring up the front sight to above line instead of keeping the back and front sight in a line.
    This didn't show up as much at 20' as it did at 30'.

Very nice shooting guns: it was nice getting back to 9mm after shooting a couple of range sessions with .22LR.
    Can't wait to see how the CZ fits in the mix when I get a chance to shoot those.

Top Bottom