• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats. I thought that was a good looking revolver.

1. I've got a class tonight, but my Wed. night is canceled so perhaps I won't have to wait till Friday night for the 1st run.
    2. It gives my otherwise boring life something to look forward to. :draw:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    1. I've got a class tonight, but my Wed. night is canceled so perhaps I won't have to wait till Friday night for the 1st run.
    2. It gives my otherwise boring life something to look forward to. :draw:

I'm not a Ruger fan, but that is a nice looking firearm.

Also, I really enjoy your detailed and thoughtful sharing of your experiences on INGO.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    Just last week, I thought about putting my WC GP100 .357 stainless up for sale. It's a gun I just dont shoot very often. But when I do, it puts a smile on my face. Just a cool gun!

Doddg, if that the one that was in the classified, you stole it for the asking price. You will like it!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Just last week, I thought about putting my WC GP100 .357 stainless up for sale. It's a gun I just dont shoot very often. But when I do, it puts a smile on my face. Just a cool gun!

Doddg, if that the one that was in the classified, you stole it for the asking price. You will like it!

They don't call him 'Lightning McQueen' without reason ! :):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a Ruger fan, but that is a nice looking firearm.

1. I actually liked the look of the stainless steel better, but to get the Wiley Clapp edition, I reminded myself that I'm too old to buy on looks alone. :laugh:

Also, I really enjoy your detailed and thoughtful sharing of your experiences on INGO.

2. That, of course, makes you my new best friend! :lmfao:

doddg, I've got the twin to your Wiley Clapp in my safe! I like it!

3. blued or stainless?

4. I hope to be smiling tomorrow evening and busy showing range pics. :draw:

5. I thought so, which is why I ran, not walked, to get it. :)

They don't call him 'Lightning McQueen' without reason ! :):

6. :rofl: I actually got lucky. I was getting ready to put my cmp away for the evening, and I did one last peak at the Classifieds, and saw it there having been posted 2 hrs. earlier and the price seemed good for a special edition Wiley Clapp.
    7. I did the research, verifying its cost at my usual LGS, and on GunBroker, and went for it thinking it could be a contender for my Colt Cobra especially since they were priced nearly identical.
    8. Can't wait to find how long it takes me to make my "diagnosis." :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally: Range time. Used Blazer Aluminum cased.
    Been sick and after missing all last week, I did some 1/2 days off and full days this week.
    My shooting was really off today with the Colt Cobra and the Ruger LC9s.
    The Ruger Wiley Clapp was the only thing that was decent, but no bragging rights.

20' S/A only. Could not hit anything with my Colt Cobra: way high in the one target and way off on the other?
    NjRGUlG.jpg

30' D/A only: The Ruger Wiley Clapp shot about as good as in S/A. I was surprises.
    Colt Cobra shot better in D/A: what was that all about?
    Ruger LC9s shot way high?
    sxCFklF.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    ^^^ So ..... what do you conclude from this ? ^^^

(probably that you should sell me the Colt for $250, right ???) :D

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    ^^^ So ..... what do you conclude from this ? ^^^
    (probably that you should sell me the Colt for $250, right ???) :D

1. You know me: I have no problem cutting/trimming/replacing a gun with a "better" one.
    2. This is 1 strike against the Colt, and when I looked at previous range times it was inconsistent but not this poor.
    3. I'll take it again to the range and if the results are repeated: good bye Colt Cobra and hello Ruger Wiley Clapp.
    4. There is no mercy in the Dodd safe when it is easy to call: trimming CZs are difficult since they all shoot so well.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    1. You know me: I have no problem cutting/trimming/replacing a gun with a "better" one.
    2. This is 1 strike against the Colt, and when I looked at previous range times it was inconsistent but not this poor.
    3. I'll take it again to the range and if the results are repeated: good bye Colt Cobra and hello Ruger Wiley Clapp.
    4. There is no mercy in the Dodd safe when it is easy to call: trimming CZs are difficult since they all shoot so well.

Lightning McQueen is always true to himself ! :D

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I might suggest trying a couple of 38 wadcutter loads in the Colt and the Ruger.

See what kind of accuracy you can pull out of those guns with some bullseye loads.

1. Yes, I wondered if my shooting results were partly due to the ammo I was using: Blazer 158 grain aluminum cased.
    2. I will find some other ammo to use before final judgement b/c I looked over my results when using different ammo when I bought it and they were not as bad.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    1. Yes, I wondered if my shooting results were partly due to the ammo I was using: Blazer 158 grain aluminum cased.
    2. I will find some other ammo to use before final judgement b/c I looked over my results when using different ammo when I bought it and they were not as bad.

I've found that the Blazer is lacking in several calibers. Tried it in a few 9mm, gave the remaining 3 boxes to some guy at the range instead of shooting it. Give a different type a try.

Top Bottom