• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    There is an alternative. I don't know anything about them (as my kids never really expressed interest in this sort of thing) other than what I've read.

https://www.traillifeusa.com/

Was just about to post that. I too don't know much about them.

Scouts starting going downhill towards the end of my time (1980s) and reached escape velocity recently IMHO.

I am sure there are pockets of solid scouting left, probably those associated with churches, but Miguel Jr. was in for a couple of years and had to be extracted due to weak, fruity-assed leadership. It was more full of people who wanted to say their kid was a Scout than those who wanted to become Scouts.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I don’t know if you can call that an alternative when the closes one is 56 miles away from me and it’s not like I live in the sticks. We have 3 scout troops in my town alone.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    As recent as last week....a very well respected scout leader in the Crossroads of America Council was arrested and charged with 5 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, child seduction and contributing to the delinquency of a minor – and was released from the Delaware County jail after posting a $27,500 bond. James Avery Colter is a 21 year old man, who also ran youth programs at the YMCA in Muncie (he has ALLEGEDLY been fired). The alleged scout victim is a 15 year old boy from Indianapolis. Colter is an Eagle Scout, a Vigil Honor member of the Order of the Arrow (Boy Scout honor camping society) and holds a high rank in the Firecrafter organization. This guy was SUPER SCOUT and everyone trusted and liked him. The background check did not raise any eyebrows, the guy has never been in trouble. The BSA has allegedly cut all ties with him, and the local Scout Executive calls his actions "reprehensible".

This guy single handedly gave the Council and Boy Scouting two black eyes and a broken arm. I'd like to think NO ONE in the Council knew this guy was a homosexual child predator.

Who knows how much $$$ this is going to cost the organization.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don’t know if you can call that an alternative when the closes one is 56 miles away from me and it’s not like I live in the sticks. We have 3 scout troops in my town alone.

Yeah, the Boy Scouts have a 90-100 year head start on this outfit. It makes since there'd be fewer active troops. The closest one to me is about 20 miles and I do live in the sticks (kinda).

It's really a shame. I am sure that the vast majority of individual troops, especially those in fly over country, are as true to the mission as the Scouts ever were. One of our local clubs helps our Lions Club out 2x per year help set up, run, and tear down the biggest fund raisers every year. Too bad a few people (like always) have to destroy something the vast majority are peacefully enjoying.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, the Boy Scouts have a 90-100 year head start on this outfit. It makes since there'd be fewer active troops. The closest one to me is about 20 miles and I do live in the sticks (kinda).

It's really a shame. I am sure that the vast majority of individual troops, especially those in fly over country, are as true to the mission as the Scouts ever were. One of our local clubs helps our Lions Club out 2x per year help set up, run, and tear down the biggest fund raisers every year. Too bad a few people (like always) have to destroy something the vast majority are peacefully enjoying.
    Yep, that’s pretty much what we do. We give back a lot more to our community then we take.

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    My son is in Trail life here in Terre Haute. It is a fantastic organization. It was started but a few x boy scout leaders that left BSA because of how things were being handled and where it was headed. You also need to be aware that trail life is openly faith based, and puts God right in the middle of it all, where he should be. You can start your own troop fairly easy, that's how my son's troop was started, by three men at a local church. Another thing with trail life, if your boy switches over from BSA, they get credit for what they have already earned.

Jason

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe I missed the problem at hand. Are these straight men sexually assaulting boys?

In the catholic church, is it straight men assaulting boys?

out of curiosity, why do you work with so many gay scout masters?
    Ah, the old gay men are gay pedophiles argument. It is no more true than all straight men want to molest little girls. If you can't tell the difference between the two, that is your prejudice not reality.

As for the gay scout masters, I think you are confusing me with Lonehoosier.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    BOY scouts. Not gay scouts, not transgender scouts, not girl and boy scouts, not, get raped scouts.
    BOY scouts.
    One of the most sacred, American, patriotic, masculine groups in the history of this country and the people running it now have ruined it.
    I was looking forward to my son joining such an American tradition and institution. Not anymore. I wont give them a dime until they retur to what they were.
    I dont have a problem if you like butt holes or vagina. I think you have every right to do what you want in your own bedroom. However I dont want my kids learning about sex of any kind from the damn boy scouts or whatever they call themselves now.
    Kids dont need to be asking what gay or transsexual means.
    I dont need to see parades with dildo's and men in banana hammocks rubbing oil on each other marching down my street. I dont want to see naked women marching down my street either. Save it for the adult areas or the bedroom.
    America is also traditionally man and women. While I support your rights, i also dont want to see 2 dudes or even women making out on tv.
    The boyscouts are going under because they are forcing an agenda on people. The MAJORITY of Americans do not support their agenda and I predicted they would go under. Not surprised at all it's happening so fast.
    Also you are either a man or a woman. If you have a dick you are a man for societies purposes. If I see A MAN in the bathroom with my daughter I'm kicking your ass. I'll gladly go to jail or whatever, I'm kicking your ass.
    If you want to start a social agenda based group go start the fag scouts or the all inclussive scouts or the snowflake scouts.
    Why is who someone has sex with important in this? Do you think that just because someone is gay that they must want to try to "convert" or 'recruit" boys into being gay? Are gay scout leaders bringing their boyfriends along for sleepovers?

I'm not exactly an expert on the scouts, but I don't think that sex of any sort has any part in it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Ah, the old gay men are gay pedophiles argument. It is no more true than all straight men want to molest little girls. If you can't tell the difference between the two, that is your prejudice not reality.

James Avery Colter was a 21 year old gay man, super scout, and trusted by way too many. He's been charged with 5 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, multiple counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and other charges. This was a week and a half ago in Muncie. The kid he sexually abused was a 15 yr old boy from Indy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    James Avery Colter was a 21 year old gay man, super scout, and trusted by way too many. He's been charged with 5 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, multiple counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and other charges. This was a week and a half ago in Muncie. The kid he sexually abused was a 15 yr old boy from Indy.
    And? Are you saying all gay men are therefor pedophiles?

Again, are all straight men after little girls? Are all men rapists?

All of those individuals are subsets of the larger group. They do not encompass the whole of them. Believing that they do is prejudice, not reality.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

No, never said all gay men are pedophiles. But, do you disagree that it’s a perfect setup for a predator to use? I don’t think male counselors should be on a Girl Scout camp out unchaperoned.

not all soft drinks are Pepsi, but all Pepsis are soft drinks...

there is no prejudice. Not all people on a fishing pier are fisherman. But fisherman tend to go to fishing piers.

See what i’m Saying?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Why is who someone has sex with important in this? Do you think that just because someone is gay that they must want to try to "convert" or 'recruit" boys into being gay? Are gay scout leaders bringing their boyfriends along for sleepovers?

I'm not exactly an expert on the scouts, but I don't think that sex of any sort has any part in it.

I liked life better when people were private with their sex life....all of a sudden we are flooded with perverse lifestyles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Reading this entire thread. Enlightening to say the least. Good points being made. But it still remains a once great organization is being emasculated and pushed to the brink. Yes we are still whining about it. Reacting with anger. Emotional etc.

It appears to late to save the Scouts.
    As to those in the trenches, doing the work and making a difference.....good on you all.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

All of those individuals are subsets of the larger group. They do not encompass the whole of them. Believing that they do is prejudice, not reality.

Why are you driving at this so hard? You’re the kut of bigotry baiting now. It’s unbecoming.

why can you not accept our point that the men who are abusing boys are gay? It seems rather obvious.

catholic church has banned priests from marrying, and forced close association with boys. Are you saying that is NOT a setup to attract gay predators?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Seriously, I did not see any of this in what was posted. It was 1 incident and making a point. He id not say what you are implying.
    I am not sure what you are looking for here...????

Top Bottom