• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I don't think it's correct to consider the question of camp sleeping arrangements as the same as a boy and girl sleeping together in a tent, as there is no potential for mutual sexual attraction between 2 persons of opposite sexual orientation.

I would disagree. I think because one could have sexual interest in the other that it would be for the best that they not sleep in the same tent. If i had a 14yr old daughter who was a lesbian, i still wouldnt let her sleep in the same tent as a 14yr old boy.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I would disagree. I think because one could have sexual interest in the other that it would be for the best that they not sleep in the same tent. If i had a 14yr old daughter who was a lesbian, i still wouldnt let her sleep in the same tent as a 14yr old boy.

I certainly see your point, but I'm just not sure that the dynamics between two people of the same gender would be directly comparable to persons of opposite gender, regardless of sexual orientation. I guess the easy answer would be 1-man tents?

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Sexual behavior is different than color. So why bring it up? Beings they have different preferences of sexes then they should be in a separate scout group. gay gal guys and gay guy gals should be 2 different groups. Same as girl scouts and boy scouts. Gay Gal Scouts and Gay Guy Scouts,. Now you may not know which is which because both groups initials will be GGS's... TeeHee Loving it.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    You are suggesting that because a rape may occur between a gay perpetrator and a straight victim, all gays should be banned from Scouting? That seems fairly preposterous to me. Talk about guilty until proven innocent!

I never said that they should be banned, nor did I suggest it. What I am saying is that :poop: happens, and when it does, there are going to be people who are going to be VERY ticked off.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I never said that they should be banned, nor did I suggest it. What I am saying is that :poop: happens, and when it does, there are going to be people who are going to be VERY ticked off.

And they will be ticked off because they equate the actions of one criminal with the entire group. I don't care if people like that are ticked off. They are of the same mentality of people who are "ticked off" at gun owners when some nut shoots up a mall. I don't generally consider who will be "ticked off" as a valid criteria for decision making when it comes to discrimination against a group of people.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Oh watchout. We got a real live Liberal here. Catch of the day....

The color of your skin has nothing to do about a moral sexual code that deviates from nature's own design. Even a battery understands you need a + and a - to make a spark.

If natures design is so perfect why do gay people exist? Why do we see homosexual behavior in other animals? The point that you failed to grasp is that skin color is like homosexuality because one doesn't choose to be black, brown, purple, or gay. They're born that way.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Personally i believe they should do what ever they want and should refuse to be bullied into changing their conditions based on what the public wants. Just like when augusta national refused to start allowing women because all of america thought they were sexist old men. If it is their decision to allow gays than great, but if they are doing it to appease the masses then shame one them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If natures design is so perfect why do gay people exist? Why do we see homosexual behavior in other animals? The point that you failed to grasp is that skin color is like homosexuality because one doesn't choose to be black, brown, purple, or gay. They're born that way.

Why do we see cannibalism in nature? I guess that makes it okay since it is natural.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Yet another American tradition invaded and destroyed by the liberal cancer in our country. If the Scouts do not want homosexuals in their midst, that is their right and their decision.

The hatred in you is showing.

I think you missed the part where it WAS their decision to lift the ban on gay scouts. They weren't forced to by the big bad evil liberal government.

The whole thing is silly to begin with. When I started in the scouts, I wasn't even interested in girls, I was too young. So if I had happened to be gay after putting so many years into the Scouts, I should just excommunicate myself?

It would appear that the BSOA looked at their mission statement and decided that there was nothing in it that suggested gays shouldn't be scouts.

The Scout Law:
    A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent

I don't see Straight in there.

As a former scout who at the time didn't know what gay/straight was, in my adulthood I have been ashamed to have been a part of such an organization that otherwise is incredibly positive and important.

I hope when they meet in May they will officially make the change so I won't look at them as tainted and instead as an honorable organization I would too want my sons to be a part of.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On my honor, I will do my best
    To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
    To help other people at all times;
    To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The hatred in you is showing.

I think you missed the part where it WAS their decision to lift the ban on gay scouts. They weren't forced to by the big bad evil liberal government.

The whole thing is silly to begin with. When I started in the scouts, I wasn't even interested in girls, I was too young. So if I had happened to be gay after putting so many years into the Scouts, I should just excommunicate myself?

It would appear that the BSOA looked at their mission statement and decided that there was nothing in it that suggested gays shouldn't be scouts.

The Scout Law:
    A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent

I don't see Straight in there.

As a former scout who at the time didn't know what gay/straight was, in my adulthood I have been ashamed to have been a part of such an organization that otherwise is incredibly positive and important.

I hope when they meet in May they will officially make the change so I won't look at them as tainted and instead as an honorable organization I would too want my sons to be a part of.

I think you missed the part where the liberal bastion called Kalifornia was openly threatening to bar BSA from gathering at any publicly owned property.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Has a former Boy Scout and an Eagle Scout, I personally have no problem with this. My one concern, is how they'll be treated. In Scouts we try to teach kids to follow the Scout Law, and part of that is being respectful to other people, regardless of their race, creed, ethnicity etc. I'm concerned that some youths and even adult leaders in the organization may look the other way when dealing with homosexual scouts.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Has a former Boy Scout and an Eagle Scout, I personally have no problem with this. My one concern, is how they'll be treated. In Scouts we try to teach kids to follow the Scout Law, and part of that is being respectful to other people, regardless of their race, creed, ethnicity etc. I'm concerned that some youths and even adult leaders in the organization may look the other way when dealing with homosexual scouts.

I am with pkendall on this.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why is an organization even telling our kids that its acceptable to talk openly about sex on any level. Let alone have the kids mentors openly stating that they like the same kind of meat that's on the menu within the tribe if you know what I mean.

The word pedofile comes to mind. If my kid is gay that's something we would deal with in private. I agree with equal rights for all, but It doesn't mean I approve of every private company or organization eapecialy ones catering to our children waving a rainbow flag and encouraging lifestyle choices that are private. Even if your straight

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I will never forget the first time i went to the boy scouts after i got my arrow of light badge. It was in the basement of a church and they had us play a game called smear the queer. I have a feeling that is frowned upon today:dunno:

Top Bottom