• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will never forget the first time i went to the boy scouts after i got my arrow of light badge. It was in the basement of a church and they had us play a game called smear the queer. I have a feeling that is frowned upon today:dunno:

That was the big game at recess when I was in elementary school. Very fun.:rockwoot:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    First off, comparing race to human sexuality isn't a valid comparison. They are vastly different things. One can see and witness a person's race, but they can't see another person's sexuality. Instead, humans usually find out another human's sexuality by other things a person does. For some, it could be the way they dress, how they talk, etc. which may be hints at a person's sexual orientation. However, until the person either openly admits their preference, or there is some other proof provided, one really never knows.

So what happens now? We have young males who are sexually attracted to other young males. Now we don't have communal showers in the military, at high schools, gyms, and athletic facilities. The reason is because the sexuality of human nudity, which plays into human sexuality, though this varies from culture to culture. I think this, along with gays in the military, to cause huge uproars from both sides.

First, what happens when a gay scout is not bullied, not attacked, but just left alone because the other ten straight scouts want to talk about female based sex stuff and have no desire or want to hear the gay scout talk about male based sex stuff? The gay scout will claim "discrimination," and the media will eat it up because the goal for some is never really equality, it is about forced acceptance and engagement. Radicals demand that straight guys talk about sex stuff with gay guy like it is just another "guy thing." They are trying their hardest to separate sexuality from gender, but that isn't how things work.

Second, back to the shower issue. What happens when we have a known person who is sexually aroused by other males. How are the others who are straight going to feel about that? We don't have coed shower facilities in this country, and in many others, and it has to do with nudity and human sexuality. They are connected, no matter how many liberals want to claim that nudity is some sort of non-sexual state of being. You can't say nudity is a sexual thing during sexual relations, then turn around and claim nudity can't possibly be sexual when a person is naked on a beach, in a shower, bathtub, public park, etc..

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    And when will the lawsuit be filed for sexual discrimination? Should girls be allowed in boyscouts and boys be allowed in girlscouts? Where will it end? Is it unfair that not everyone makes an eagle scout? Do they need to relax the rules so everybody can be an eagle scout?

Let the BSA make their own rules!

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    And when will the lawsuit be filed for sexual discrimination? Should girls be allowed in boyscouts and boys be allowed in girlscouts? Where will it end? Is it unfair that not everyone makes an eagle scout? Do they need to relax the rules so everybody can be an eagle scout?

Let the BSA make their own rules!

Actually girls are already allowed in Boy Scouts.........sort of. Women, that is adult women, can become Troop leaders and/or Assistant Scoutmasters. In my Troop, we had one woman who functioned excellently in this capacity. Also, at Camp Maumee Boy Scout reservation, a lot of the staff members and merit badge instructors were women, and the Program Director (keep in mind it's been several years since I've been out there) was a woman beloved by all the staff and scouts.

Also there is a thing called Venture Crew. It's basically Boy Scouts with some exceptions. In Boy Scouts, you have to be between the ages of 11-17 to join. In Venture Crew, if memory serves correct, it's 14-21. Also whereas Boy Scouts is for boys, Venture Crew is coed and both boys and girls can be in a Venture Crew. Lastly, Venture Crew, because it's geared towards a different age group, can participate in a wider variety of activities than Boy Scouts.

While Venture Crew is different, it's still apart of the Boy Scouts of America.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I think this resolution is so poorly written that it won't stand a chance at passing. The BSA executives are brain dead. It may save the scouts.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    My issue is that the whole argument against "Gay" in general is all based on religion. In the USA there is suppose to be a separation of church and state. As such, any discrimination / segregation based on such should be illegal. This is plain and simple. Even France figured it out.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Should they ban blacks too?

OH PLEASE! Why is there always someone who throws in the race card when the topic of homosexuality pops up? Did you not go to school at all? Let me rephrase that. Did you pay attention in school? Where does being black, which is a race, come anywhere close to homosexuality, which IS NOT A RACE! You sir, need to think before you engage your typing fingers.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Dudes. DUDES! Duuuuuudes. I have some reeeally bad news for y'all. There have ALWAYS been gay kids in scouts. We had a couple in my troop. One of them was openly effeminate. He couldn't help it, that's how he was. HE took a lot of grief. The other one wasn't even openly aware that he was gay yet. He's doing well. The point is, very few parents are going to be asking little Johnny, "Now son, are you sure you're not gay? 'Cause the Boy Scouts don't allow no pillow pirates, ya know." I'm gonna take a wild guess and put the percentage of households where that conversation occurs at way under 1%....

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    There is a reason Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts were created as separate one sex organizations. It limits the opportunities for sexual contact and the distractions they would cause for young adolescents during the various activities. Adding gay males into the Boy Scout mix definitely interferes with this principle even though many will brush it off.

Seems like they should be able to create their associations with whomever they choose. Used to be something about free association in some of our founding documents but hey, those are likely not relevant these days.

Last edited:

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Wow, I cant believe the hatred towards gays on this forum. A foru where we fight for rights (2nd amendment) but yet you guys are not ok for gay rights? WTF? Rights are rights, everyone should have rights, even if thats a right you and I dont believe in. As for the ones saying "boy scouts should be able to say who joins" that is discrimination, no way around it. However, they do have a right, if a gay joins and they dont like it, than leave. If you dont like gays, or think its not right, thats fine, but that dont make them wrong. Just like the anti gun libs not liking guns, thats fine, dont mean they are right. Unbelievable. SMH.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow, I cant believe the hatred towards gays on this forum. A foru where we fight for rights (2nd amendment) but yet you guys are not ok for gay rights? WTF? Rights are rights, everyone should have rights, even if thats a right you and I dont believe in. As for the ones saying "boy scouts should be able to say who joins" that is discrimination, no way around it. However, they do have a right, if a gay joins and they dont like it, than leave. If you dont like gays, or think its not right, thats fine, but that dont make them wrong. Just like the anti gun libs not liking guns, thats fine, dont mean they are right. Unbelievable. SMH.

Heck, we all don't even agree on the RKBA here, why would we all agree on abortion, homosexuality, etc.

As for the ones saying "boy scouts should be able to say who joins" that is discrimination, no way around it.

Must of us believe that the Constitution guarantees the Freedom of Association. So a private organization should have the right to discriminate all they want.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The Christian Veteran's group limits itself to Christian Veterans.
    The KKK, well, I don't think I need to say who can/can't join there.
    The Jewish Survivor of the Holocause limits to, you can guess.

You can start a group called the Gun Lovers of Indiana.
    And if someone from the Mother's Against Gun Violence wants to join, you can deny them.
    Speaking of the Mother's against, they can limit also. Try to join their group and speak your mind. See what happens.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I didn't really have a problem with the ban, but I'm very glad to see it lifted. I do think that scouting is a pretty nice thing to do for your kid, glad that gay children will experience this character building as well.

Morals degrade...they don't change. People change when deemed necessary.

Could. Not. Disagree. More.

Absolute morality is the worst kind. This is one of my biggest problems with the conservative right.

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville

Hate?? No...Disgusted sympathy MAYBE! How sad that a man cannot appreciate all the beautiful women. Do not tweak the language to fit the political mood of the nation. I do not hate gays just because I comment.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

You don't have a "right" not to be discriminated against by private parties for the most part.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    If natures design is so perfect why do gay people exist? Why do we see homosexual behavior in other animals? The point that you failed to grasp is that skin color is like homosexuality because one doesn't choose to be black, brown, purple, or gay. They're born that way.

So much BS here. I see you are very prone to propaganda.

Top Bottom