• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The NFL has done it. They've approved the mainstream sports media to get away from sports, and into the gun control arena. There are numerous threads already on INGO that discuss these issues. If the NFL wholeheartedly disagreed with what Costas and Whitlock had to say, there would have been a retraction by now (Just look at what happened to Hank Williams, Jr. when he spoke out against our dictator). I have decided to boycott the NFL with my dollar. No more attending games, no more buying merchandise. Please join me! Our rights trump sports!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-R2KRFj6cbA

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCv_e0szq6c[/ame]

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Costas

I think that was more of a Bob Costas thing than an NFL thing. It was very sickening to hear the ridiculous quotes from that article though. Sickening........

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I stopped watching football years ago. First by circumstance and upon my return the US, by choice. I have several reasons for not supporting Professional football but the morally valueless comments by one asshat does not represent the entire sport, all the players or the fans. I would not boycott football for the abusurd rantings of one little pasty man.

Perhaps the powers that be just don't want to take a stance on such a volatile politically charged subject. As for the stance they took on Der Leader, well football in my opinion stopped being a sport and became just entertainment a long time ago. And we all know the political orientation of the entertainment industry, now don't we?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Been boycotting them for 12 years. I loved the NFL in the 70's and 80's. Couldn't care less about it now.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Can someone please explain to me how calling for an NFL boycott because of a few events is any different than media/politicians/haters calling for a gun ban because of bad things that happen with guns?

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can someone please explain to me how calling for an NFL boycott because of a few events is any different than media/politicians/haters calling for a gun ban because of bad things that happen with guns?

It's not Costas wasn't even speaking on behalf of the NFL, if anything the blame falls on the network he appeared on. Most of the other networks carry NFL games, but it's ok to boycott Fox or ESPN based on what a NBC Sports Commentator stated? Kinda dumb if you ask me...:dunno:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    There are often intelligent, thoughtful posts on this and other forums regarding topics of the day.

Sadly, there are also ones like this.....

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'll reserve judgement until we see what the NFL's response is to Costas and if they allow any more Costas-style dribble in the future. If they fired Hank Williams Jr over his Obama remarks, but don't lift a finger about Costas, I will be strongly inclined to join the OP.

My only problem is one that most men probably wish they had too. I've turned my wife into a big football fan. She even stays up to watch Monday Night Football after I go to bed. I think I may have created a football monster! ;)

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

I have different reasons for boycotting them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll reserve judgement until we see what the NFL's response is to Costas and if they allow any more Costas-style dribble in the future. If they fired Hank Williams Jr over his Obama remarks, but don't lift a finger about Costas, I will be strongly inclined to join the OP.

My only problem is one that most men probably wish they had too. I've turned my wife into a big football fan. She even stays up to watch Monday Night Football after I go to bed. I think I may have created a football monster! ;)

The NFL didn't fire Hank Williams, ESPN did. It's doubtful that the NFL even had a hand in their decision. ESPN is a business they make decisions based on their best interests. NBC can do the same, but since it is supposedly a "liberal" station, I doubt much more than an apology will be issued; if that.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I will continue to watch the NFL as it is entertainment to me. I will continue to listen to the opinions of all people that I come in contact with. Doesn't mean I agree with them, but it doesn't mean I need to boycott their existence either. I fight political issues in court and congress, not sports entertainment. This thread is exactly what anti-2a people do to the gun culture when a bad publicized shooting takes place every few months. I'd like to think we are better than that.

One persons opinion will not change my views on an entire organization that does much more good (charities/entertainment/etc..) than harm.

Top Bottom