• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do all of you that shop on Amazon use smile.amazon.com to shop? The SAF, GOA and NRA all appear to be available to donate to through it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If someone threatens someone else (school) with a gun then if they try to advance they should be shot. Save the state some money housing, feeding, and clothing them in jail.

Interesting. So you're completely ok with killing someone as a legitimate government interest if they "advance". What point? He drives by with a long gun? On the sidewalk? One stop onto school property? The school can have a sniper overwatch and kill him once whatever line you set has been crossed but they can't petition a court to have his firearms removed until he receives mental health treatment, gets back on his medications, and is no longer a threat?

We can lock them up, which removes access to guns since they can't have them in their cell or hospital room and that's fine. We can't prohibit their access to guns while in out patient treatment despite it having the exact same level of due process and evidence requirements?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm interested in seeing some of these (quote-unquote) red flag laws NRA-ILA is supporting. HB 1651 (currently assigned to Senate Judiciary Committee) strengthens protections under the current Laird Law. I commented on it at length in the 2019 Legislative Session Thread.

I was prepared to testify in support of HB 1651 when it was in committee in the House (it got kicked to the next week/couldn't make it.) If my POC wasn't good with the bill, I'd have been there as myself, not an NRA-ILA volunteer. Likewise I would not testify for/against an NRA-ILA supported/opposed bill if I didn't agree. If 1651 comes up in committee for a hearing? I'll be back in that awful room with the giant pillar.

I do know first hand one "red flag" bill in Arizona that had strong due process protections was dropped by the D's who authored it when the NRA-ILA supported it.

Also hoping for for HB 1253 (Firearms Training for Teachers) to come up for hearing in the Education Committee. I'll be there for that one too.

I needed a hobby. I think that's how I got here. I ran into an NRA-ILA rep while working the INGO booth at the 1500 and I wanted to help make Joe Donnelly unemployed. Needless to say I'm not boycotting the NRA anytime soon.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    I'm interested in seeing some of these (quote-unquote) red flag laws NRA-ILA is supporting.

Me too! The Washington Compost says (so it must be true) the NRA supports a bill proposed by Rep. Katko (R-NY) that contains stronger due process protections for gun owners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...61983b7e0cd_story.html?utm_term=.aac35c5fece4

Katko's bill is summarized here: https://katko.house.gov/media-cente...ko-introduces-bipartisan-red-flag-legislation

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    126408-125288.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Interesting. So you're completely ok with killing someone as a legitimate government interest if they "advance". What point? He drives by with a long gun? On the sidewalk? One stop onto school property? The school can have a sniper overwatch and kill him once whatever line you set has been crossed but they can't petition a court to have his firearms removed until he receives mental health treatment, gets back on his medications, and is no longer a threat?

We can lock them up, which removes access to guns since they can't have them in their cell or hospital room and that's fine. We can't prohibit their access to guns while in out patient treatment despite it having the exact same level of due process and evidence requirements?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BehindBlueI's again.

Yes, the answer in such situations would not seem to be to craft a license to kill for the government...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Better let the oath keepers know.

Didn't we go through this before? Didn't we conclude that, all things equal, sleeping in your own bed without your guns is better than sleeping on a jailhouse cot without your guns?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Better let the oath keepers know.

Didn't we go through this before? Didn't we conclude that, all things equal, sleeping in your own bed without your guns is better than sleeping on a jailhouse cot without your guns?

I don't quite think P. Henry would be satisfied with "Give me Liberty or give me [freedom from prosecution as long as I comply with increasingly onerous restrictions on my natural and constitutional rights]"

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Me too! The Washington Compost says (so it must be true) the NRA supports a bill proposed by Rep. Katko (R-NY) that contains stronger due process protections for gun owners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...61983b7e0cd_story.html?utm_term=.aac35c5fece4

Katko's bill is summarized here: https://katko.house.gov/media-cente...ko-introduces-bipartisan-red-flag-legislation

I don't see where NRA-ILA supports Katko's bill (HR 744), but it has a lot of the same language as Indiana's HB 1651 which does strengthen protections under current Indiana law. I would not support Katko on all issues. I read he supports raising the age to buy firearms to 21. If that is correct he gets a big "YOU ARE ****ING WRONG!!" from me on that. I need to read 744 again, but it looked solid on first read.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The NRA is selling us out on this "RED FLAG" legislation. They and Lindsey Graham are pushing it. If it goes nationwide the gun grabbers will build on it until they have seized all of our guns and making us all criminals. Call your Senators today and stop giving money to an organization that only cares about membership dollars. They have gotten fat off us and do nothing.

Thanks for reminding me to update my daughters NRA life membership account and change her magazine subscription.

Now if you really want to make a difference. You need to give money to THESE organizations....
    Save the 2nd!

Keep Your Guns!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Maybe not. My enemy was Hilary Clinton. The enemy of my enemy was Trump. Trump is not, nor ever has been, my friend.

And regarding the NRA, I'm not going to contribute to any organization that supports bumpstock bans or red flag laws.

Amen! I use to be a member I got out after the bump stock ordeal. I joined a real pro gun organization. Gun Owners of America.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    The NRA is selling us out on this "RED FLAG" legislation. They and Lindsey Graham are pushing it. If it goes nationwide the gun grabbers will build on it until they have seized all of our guns and making us all criminals. Call your Senators today and stop giving money to an organization that only cares about membership dollars. They have gotten fat off us and do nothing.
    ---I never argue with a stupid person---they will drag you down to their level----and beat you with experience

Top Bottom