• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Funny how I've never heard of GOA sending reps to our state and help get PRO gun measures passed here. I do know the NRA does however.
    That said i support both. I am an NRA life member and i pitch GOA some money when i can.
    No reason to not support both, but like i mentioned i haven't seen GOA do a dang thing for us here in Indiana at the state level.

And I haven't seen GOA support anti-gun bills, and suggest that citizens shouldn't own certain types of firearms. I haven't seen NRA fighting to stop anti-gun legislation at any level. I was a member of NRA for about 10 years, but these last few years, they've done more harm than good. GOA doesn't have the numbers or the funding that NRA does, but they have shown a willingness to fight. If GOA had the membership of the NRA, the NRA would become irrelevant. It's time to pass the torch. NRA has become a Fudd organization.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't seen NRA fighting to stop anti-gun legislation at any level.
    Then you haven't paid much attention. The NRA was very active keeping the Republicans on board after the Sandy Hook massacre. If it wasn't for the NRA, I have little doubt that we would have gotten a new assault weapons ban passed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And I haven't seen GOA support anti-gun bills, and suggest that citizens shouldn't own certain types of firearms. I haven't seen NRA fighting to stop anti-gun legislation at any level. I was a member of NRA for about 10 years, but these last few years, they've done more harm than good. GOA doesn't have the numbers or the funding that NRA does, but they have shown a willingness to fight. If GOA had the membership of the NRA, the NRA would become irrelevant. It's time to pass the torch. NRA has become a Fudd organization.
    The PhD attorney who works for NRA-ILA I’ve seen at the Indiana Statehouse is supporting pro-2A bills from what I’ve observed. Civil immunity, church carry, 5 year LTCH that’s free in July 2020, I remember Chris Kopacki being there. If anybody from GOA decides to show up I’ll introduce myself.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Then you haven't paid much attention. The NRA was very active keeping the Republicans on board after the Sandy Hook massacre. If it wasn't for the NRA, I have little doubt that we would have gotten a new assault weapons ban passed.

The PhD attorney who works for NRA-ILA I’ve seen at the Indiana Statehouse is supporting pro-2A bills from what I’ve observed. Civil immunity, church carry, 5 year LTCH that’s free in July 2020, I remember Chris Kopacki being there. If anybody from GOA decides to show up I’ll introduce myself.

Thank you for the replies. It's easy to focus on all the bad the NRA does and forget the good things it does.

NRA is like the guy with multiple felony convictions who is also a domestic batterer, but volunteers at the local food pantry and donates to charity. Sure, he's done some truly awful things, but he still has some good in him.

Top Bottom