• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So is your opinion politically motivated and do you know him personally?

No doll necessary. :)

I have interacted with him in political, professional and... not really "personal" but social settings a few times. Never really an in-depth kind of thing, but enough to form my own opinion of him.

In terms of a political chart, he and I are probably aligned. At least the same quadrant.

Some INGOers who favor term limits might have concerns about him in that context.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This kind of falls in line with all the other labels that have been bandied about lately; I'm sick of hearing it and automatically send it to the spam file in my brain as well as labeling you as a band wagon jumper. The down side is that the jumper then starts screaming about me ignoring and approving of sexual assault which in my opinion isn't the issue. The issue I have is that they seem to be (are?) using it as political capital.:noway:

Just inform people that you believe people are innocent until proven guilty, as does our legal system. If they take issue with that, accuse them of sexual misconduct, maybe they'll turn themselves in if they believe they are guilty until proven innocent.:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's my concerns. The woman apparently did not accuse Bosma, her family did. Bosma hired someone not to investigate the accusers to find interesting information on them, but of the non-accuser to find unflattering information, on her, despite her not alleging anything.... and that makes sense to people? Or did I read the article wrong?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I stopped reading when it said 26 years ago. It appears clear this tactic will be with us forever. Can't wait until the mid terms to see how all this shakes out. If the Dems lose big as they deserve to, we will no doubt see the violence take off. Someone just needs to tell Holder that we kick back...harder.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The solution is clear. We need to re-think the age limitations on holding public office. Only pre-pubescent children should be able to hold public office. And since children develop at different rates, to be safe, I think we should limit it to children under the age of 2. Kills two birds with one stone. For one, I can't think of any child under the age of 2 that has been accused of sexual assault, and when they hit 2, they "age out", so that takes care of term limits too. :) Besides, many toddlers have better manners than some of our politicians.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's my concerns. The woman apparently did not accuse Bosma, her family did. Bosma hired someone not to investigate the accusers to find interesting information on them, but of the non-accuser to find unflattering information, on her, despite her not alleging anything.... and that makes sense to people? Or did I read the article wrong?

You read about the way I’d expect you to. Challenging someone’ credibility isn’t limited to questioning the details of what they claim.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You read about the way I’d expect you to. Challenging someone’ credibility isn’t limited to questioning the details of what they claim.

So the credibility of the actual accusers is irrelevant? Or did I miss the part where they had a lawyer dig up stuff on them too?

Im also wondering how his supporters would have felt knowing he spent $40k in campaign money to dig up dirt on this chick, allegedly to keep her silent.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

My read of how it plays with the public is similar to Kut’s. No one cares about alleged vintage knob polishings, but the current full court press by Bosma is not going to play well.

Credibility isn’t really the issue at this point, at least from a PR perspective .

When one gets a hint that someone is going to allege some sort of sexual misconduct, asking yourself “what would Harvey Weinstein” do probably isn’t a smart move at present.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My read of how it plays with the public is similar to Kut’s. No one cares about alleged vintage knob polishings, but the current full court press by Bosma is not going to play well.

Credibility isn’t really the issue at this point, at least from a PR perspective .

When one gets a hint that someone is going to allege some sort of sexual misconduct, asking yourself “what would Harvey Weinstein” do probably isn’t a smart move at present.

I think Fargo hits the nail on the head... Often it isn't the misconduct that creates the most trouble; rather, it is how the alleged wrongdoer responds that makes all the difference.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it. So I am watching Johnny Carson's monologue last night and he makes a joke about Pat Robertson's presidential campaign. The scandal was that Robertson had premarital sex 32 years before the campaign. Oh the horror (mid 1950's) even assuming it was consensual.

Pat_Robertson_presidential_campaign_bumper_sticker_01.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Pat Robertson - premarital sex? In before the lock :patriot:

Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it. So I am watching Johnny Carson's monologue last night and he makes a joke about Pat Robertson's presidential campaign. The scandal was that Robertson had premarital sex 32 years before the campaign. Oh the horror (mid 1950's) even assuming it was consensual.

Pat_Robertson_presidential_campaign_bumper_sticker_01.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think Fargo hits the nail on the head... Often it isn't the misconduct that creates the most trouble; rather, it is how the alleged wrongdoer responds that makes all the difference.

The best investigation is the one that the subject doesn't know about.

I don't know what really happened, and based on these articles, none of us do. Speaking hypothetically, if a client believed someone were going to make allegations of a sexual nature and I was hired to assist with dealing with that, I most certainly would want to know whether this person had made any other such allegations whether formally or informally. I would want to know something about the person's finances. I would want to know something about their family life and family structure. I would want to know "why now" and anything that seemed connected to that, I would want to know. I would want to know a lot of things. You don't investigate because you assume you know everything. You investigate because you don't know everything.

If it comes out that people are investigating, no not optimum. I guess in today's world "investigating" can be called "intimidation", but how you feel about being investigated doesn't mean it was really intimidation or intended to be,

This seems pretty standard to me.

Top Bottom