Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    You have a valid point about screwing masses! Let me rephrase... The cases SHOULD NOT see the inside of a court.

This whole thing could've been avoided by creating "civil unions" for the LGBT community, that allowed them the same rights as married couples. Redefining marriage as "not" only between a man and woman just sucks. I firmly believe that gays who commit to each other as lifelong couples deserve to file joint taxes, have the same insurance abilities et al, I just don't believe it's a "marriage."

I agree with you 100%.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's the beauty of a 2 party system with career politicians and the plethora of other issues our system has. Would be nice if it changed, but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

Well, I was thinking about going out for some lunch. Now I don't need to, lol. Yeah, you're right, that isn't much of a choice.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Roberts: "striking how much of the majority’s reasoning would apply with equal force to the claim of a fundamental right to plural marriage"

Also, not wrong. Polygamy in 5 years, tops. I know slippery-slope is a silly thing to do... but in this case, it's probably pretty accurate.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Roberts: "striking how much of the majority’s reasoning would apply with equal force to the claim of a fundamental right to plural marriage"

Also, not wrong. Polygamy in 5 years, tops. I know slippery-slope is a silly thing to do... but in this case, it's probably pretty accurate.
    One day you COULD have a dog in this fight!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Scalia: "I write to call attention to this Court’s threat to American democracy."

I can't disagree with him there.

It is funny how today's decisionand yesterday's contrast. Yesterday, they did some pretty impressive mental gymnastics to uphold the ACA, because "who are we to disagree with the will of the people through their elected representatives." But today they strike down another law, presumably because the will of the people through their elected representatives is misguided. This is not to take a position on either decision, it just seems like the court is being a touch schizophrenic.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I don't care how legal it is, one wife is enough, lol.

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    There is no such thing as "can't be sued for..."

That, I am most definitely not saying.

In the State Supreme Court's, 2003 Massachusetts ruling, 2008 Conneticut ruling, 2008 Iowa ruling, two main principles stand out:

1: No church will be required to perform same-sex marriages.
    2: No minister will be required to perform same-sex marriages.

If the church's official written doctrine conveys their opinion that same-sex marriage is against their religious beliefs, how can these be more than open and shut cases? Hough, is it really that naive for me to see the protection of the churches this simply?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think this is sort of spot-on. Gay acceptance was growing year-over-year. Rather than allow it to happen naturally... getting it via the SCOTUS is a loss, says Roberts

From Roberts:

CIb68NRXAAAlueZ.jpg:large

Top Bottom