Breaking: Photo Of The New FBI Glock 17M Leaked (IMPD Source)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    :puke: That sucks. I understand he wants to keep it so his mags will swap, which is wise tactically speaking.

Now I just gotta make sure momma doesn't find the money or I gotta look around and maybe pull the trigger elsewhere

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Dang. If the issue is just the little coil spring, hopefully its a quick fix. I would think they could either fit the old style leaf spring back in or a newer version of coil spring with a stiffer spring rate (larger wire diameter). Glad they found the problem now.
    Kinda sucks for me I have a deal worked out to buy a G27 from a friend (his off duty gun) after he is issued the new g17m. I'm not exactly in a rush to get the deal done. I just don't know how long before my wife realizes I have cash set aside for another gun.

To me a leaf spring has a lot more robustness to it than a coil spring. Plus if small gravel gets I there it could make the coil not compress. The same could be said for a leaf but there would not be an area for captivity of the debris.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So they are back and have started hitting the streets for some field testing. I was told that SWAT has recieved them for field testing since they shoot monthly, and if all goes well the rest of the dept will get them in the fall. I had the opportunity to fondle one last night and I liked it. If it were available to the public I would buy one...even if it is 9mm

Top Bottom