• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Because they live in a different world and don't want to face facts.

We must be mistaken. Surely no one develops this level of confidence without real world testing.

Just because you are not proficient with a revolver doesn't mean others are equally incapable.
    Ever heard of different strokes for different folks?

Looks like a LOT of us here have managed to overcome those obstacles. You probably need a LOT more practice.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I can shoot a revolver proficiently. Having said that, in a gunfight if you need more than 6 rounds (or 5), you are gonna lose to a semi-auto unless you're Jerry Miculek - which you're not.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm definitely gonna run a 4" .38 and speedloaders at one of these carry gun matches, sooner or later.

I want to have at least one full scale dumpster fire in my lived memory, just in case I ever start getting delusional about revolvers for self defense. :laugh:

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I'm definitely gonna run a 4" .38 and speedloaders at one of these carry gun matches, sooner or later.

I want to have at least one full scale dumpster fire in my lived memory, just in case I ever start getting delusional about revolvers for self defense. :laugh:

I'm trying to talk myself into doing it Saturday.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have the stages roughed into place today. We should be ready to shoot early for the 9:30 crowd.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I was in the 9:30 crowd. I have to say this was an awesome format.
    A buddy and I rode together shot our 2 matches and back to Avon by 11:00.
    It would have been nice to hang around and socailize but we both had other things to do which was also a plus for this format.
    I particularly liked to blind stage and the motion activated stage, it was a bit different then the norm.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Thanks to Coach and family. I liked the format and focus on every day concealed carry. I would do it again. But next time i'll bring a second gun and run it twice!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot the match. I appreciate it. Hope everyone got something from it. I am planning to do it again. I need to sit down and ponder the process a bit. I will probably do a feedback thread to see what is on folks minds. Great day but I am dragging.

Here are the scores.

https://practiscore.com/results/new/51790

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow!

First, thank you to Coach and family. As the others mentioned, the format was FANTASTIC.

I really liked the stages and the mix of skills stressed, especially the 3-D target (and I missed once on the body!).

Fun, challenging, good practice, and best of all for me, I can still walk this afternoon.

Now the doofus part: I had six NPM on the last stage with the mover. It wasn't because I didn't have enough time (watched video of me). I don't know how it happened, but during my draw/presentation, my thumb ended up underneath the safety instead of on it. I was pointed at the target pressing the trigger and nothing was happening. A must have been pressing pretty hard, because I started to fall forward as the targets rolled behind the barrels. It was one of those "I can't believe that just happened" moments.

I want to do it again!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Wow!

First, thank you to Coach and family. As the others mentioned, the format was FANTASTIC.

I really liked the stages and the mix of skills stressed, especially the 3-D target (and I missed once on the body!).

Fun, challenging, good practice, and best of all for me, I can still walk this afternoon.

Now the doofus part: I had six NPM on the last stage with the mover. It wasn't because I didn't have enough time (watched video of me). I don't know how it happened, but during my draw/presentation, my thumb ended up underneath the safety instead of on it. I was pointed at the target pressing the trigger and nothing was happening. A must have been pressing pretty hard, because I started to fall forward as the targets rolled behind the barrels. It was one of those "I can't believe that just happened" moments.

I want to do it again!

Press check gets you killed on the blind stage

Checked the gun, reholstered...since I was using IWB (not by choice, didn't have anything OWB) I hit the mag release...i drew and fired a shot as the mag fell to the ground. 6th overall and 55 A's...i might like the MP 2.0

My first CG match was much more atrocious than this one.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks to the Bright family for hosting a great match.

Coach always finds a way to change thing up. Great format.. The 3-D target was good and would like to see more.

Looking forward to the next one.

Top Bottom