Buddy is convinced that CZ is the best pistol on the market...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Best is going to be judged on many aspects. Rather than argue the many parts... Overall for me they are the best. I like to think of it this way. If I could only have one handgun, it would be the CZ75b. I have traded and sold handguns. But only traded CZ's for other CZ's, never sold one. If I did sell one it would be to obtain funds to buy another CZ. I still have other handguns but they don't get the attention or love my CZ's do. So that is my opinion, you got it for free, take it for what's it is worth.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    CZ's are very, very good guns. There are others that are very good as well, like Sig Sauer pistols, 1911's, etc. Everyone is different and has different likes and dislikes. I don't think you can call any one style of gun or any one manufacturer "the best".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read on the INGO that the Rock Island 1911 is better than a Wilson Combat, so.....

It is all in what you have and how you justify it.
    To some the Wilson is the peak of 1911 ownership.
    To others the RI fills the bill very nicely.

I see the potential or lack of same in about anything I pick up and fondle.
    As offered out of the box is never quit good enough if I see the potential to modify something or just set it down with no interest.

Th CZ platform was one that never called out to me until a good friend put one in my hands. It was an amazing handgun. He introduced me to a mad scientist that was intimately familiar with every internal piece in those guns and yes they are freaky complicated.
    Through those friendships I have owned/shot some of the sweetest running fulcrum trigger guns. Although they are 9mm and I am not a real fan of the caliber I did try. The spouse got back into the game running my Phantom.

I have kept my 97 and let the others go to good homes.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There are things I truly love about CZs. I just can't quite put my finger on it...

2_zpserofufoh.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Wow!! Need to collect my thoughts for a minute. Oh yeah, best pistols. For me personally, the CZ 75 Compact PCR fit the bill. Great all around. Is it the best...probably not. Is it the best for me...I believe it is. Sold the Glock. Could not stand the way it fit in my hand. Sold the FN. Sold the M&P, and others. All great pistols. Don't plan on ever selling a CZ.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    There are things I truly love about CZs. I just can't quite put my finger on it...

2_zpserofufoh.jpg

Ummmm...when did my wife take that photo and how did you get it?

I have to agree they are damn nice pistols and with some time and parts can be AWESOME! But as stated by another poster after tearing one apart several times I cannot see how they developed a gun with so many TINY PARTS!

I have to think this could be the chink in the CZ armor. The M&P and Glock family in my mind have locked down the KISS philosophy and I think a lot can be said for that. I will say I have owned all three and only kept the CZ though.

I mean LOOK at it:bowdown:

On a side note hey ChurchMouse you want a brand new couch to match that flooring??:dunno::):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../417929-ikea-sectional-sofa-two-ottomans.html

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mind you, I did not say that they were the best pistol, but that they are the best service pistol in 9mm. I tried to love the Glock 19 but it returned the favor by sending brass towards my face...a lot. I do still love my G23 though and the P09 is the first.40 to challenge that one for top spot. In 9mm, it's hard to beat the CZ as a service pistol.

Of course, this is just my opinion from the perspective of having the only gun carried while serving our country being a rivet gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom