Buddy is convinced that CZ is the best pistol on the market...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I recommend CZs to people looking for top notch range guns, plinkers, and for home defense. A good steel frame DA/SA pistol is an excellent first firearm as well. Plus they're actually affordable.

For carry and other purposes I think you're better served by the flavor of the month polymer striker fired pistol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ummmm...when did my wife take that photo and how did you get it?

I have to agree they are damn nice pistols and with some time and parts can be AWESOME! But as stated by another poster after tearing one apart several times I cannot see how they developed a gun with so many TINY PARTS!

I have to think this could be the chink in the CZ armor. The M&P and Glock family in my mind have locked down the KISS philosophy and I think a lot can be said for that. I will say I have owned all three and only kept the CZ though.

I mean LOOK at it:bowdown:

On a side note hey ChurchMouse you want a brand new couch to match that flooring??:dunno::):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../417929-ikea-sectional-sofa-two-ottomans.html

Ha........We are good in that dept......:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We really are living in great times for gun choices. Sure, we'll argue about what the best pistol is for various uses, but when it comes right down to it, there are a bunch of top notch pistols that will run and run without a single hiccup. We're not talking about which pistol explodes less when trying to figure out what's the best out there, but instead very minute differences in feel, controls and accuracy. The nice thing is, you can go into just about any gun store with $800 in hand and come out with a good pistol and a bunch of ammo. Which is the best will depend on your preferences, but rest assured that there are plenty that will run well without any tweaking needed.

Ahhh, it's good to be an American. We really are a bunch of lucky SOBs.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We really are living in great times for gun choices. Sure, we'll argue about what the best pistol is for various uses, but when it comes right down to it, there are a bunch of top notch pistols that will run and run without a single hiccup. We're not talking about which pistol explodes less when trying to figure out what's the best out there, but instead very minute differences in feel, controls and accuracy. The nice thing is, you can go into just about any gun store with $800 in hand and come out with a good pistol and a bunch of ammo. Which is the best will depend on your preferences, but rest assured that there are plenty that will run well without any tweaking needed.

Ahhh, it's good to be an American. We really are a bunch of lucky SOBs.

I can get a Hi point and 5 cases of ammo for that kind of money. :rockwoot:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    CZ's are very, very good guns. There are others that are very good as well, like Sig Sauer pistols, 1911's, etc. Everyone is different and has different likes and dislikes. I don't think you can call any one style of gun or any one manufacturer "the best".

When you and I, went to the range, I was, and still am VERY impressed, with the handguns, that we shot .....

Looking forward, to the time we can do it again .....

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    There are things I truly love about CZs. I just can't quite put my finger on it...

2_zpserofufoh.jpg

:drool:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I'm a new convert to the CZ. For me it is the best of the 9mm offerings, and I've owned many over the years. As of yet I've not seen the need to add any Cajun parts, as I like the way it shoots as is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm a new convert to the CZ. For me it is the best of the 9mm offerings, and I've owned many over the years. As of yet I've not seen the need to add any Cajun parts, as I like the way it shoots as is.

Once you run a Cajun gun you will be forever changed.

They do get better and better with the round count in as offered form.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

I did not have a problem with the way they shot, but could not deal with the flimsy plastic guide rod. I bought 2 stainless guide rods and new springs from Cajun. It did not change the way the guns shot...it just gave me a certain peace of mind.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've handled and shot them and still don't get it. Nothing wrong with them, appear to be very high quality but certainly, IMHO, not to die for. If you can take a Glock, M&P OR CZ and run several shots in the same hole at 7 yards the only thing that can make one better than the other is how it feels in your hand. They appear to be mechanically more complicated that a Glock or M&P and I don't believe reliability to be an issue with any of them so what am I missing that makes them so popular?
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

At 7 yards it would be hard to say that any of the popular guns were not plenty accurate, and I think all of your choices are good guns. For a carry gun I would prefer a lighter polymer gun and might go with an m&p.

For a range gun or a competition gun, the cz's are typically mechanically more accurate and to me much easier to shoot accurately and consistently at speed (my triggers are a very clean +- 2.5 # with very little reset distance) and I feel like I can get back on target quicker with an all metal gun than with a lighter plastic gun. From a 'fun to shoot' aspect I also like the way the metal guns (cz or 1911) soak up recoil.

None of that may be of much importance to the next person, but that is this persons answer to your question.

Top Bottom