• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Dunno. I'm not a metallurgist or anything like that. From memory (my job was "melter's assistant") we set the pots up over 2,000 just to do bronze and we were pouring that molten around a heated iron core so I would guess it wasn't hurting the iron parts that just came out of the machine shop to have molten bronze poured on them.

I usually come down on the anti-conspiracy side but I don't see this one as "de-bunked" yet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hmmm.... Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Moore and Ed Begley Jr. on one side... that really convinces me. Wow, how have I doubted this all these years.

Randall Flagg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Dunno. I'm not a metallurgist or anything like that. From memory (my job was "melter's assistant") we set the pots up over 2,000 just to do bronze and we were pouring that molten around a heated iron core so I would guess it wasn't hurting the iron parts that just came out of the machine shop to have molten bronze poured on them.

I usually come down on the anti-conspiracy side but I don't see this one as "de-bunked" yet.

sadly, the governments story, nor the conspiracy side can never be proven, as they shipped all the evidence off to get melted down.

we just have to accept that our government loves us and would never lie.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So let me get this straight. Airplanes hit both Twin Towers and burst into flame, igniting thousands of gallons of jet fuel as well as everything that would burn inside the structures. Burning debris is falling all over the area - no water to put fires out. After approximately 2 hours, both buildings collapse - from the top floors downward. Again, debris, some of it quite heavy, I imagine, rains down all over the immediate area. You're saying that some agency deliberately destroyed three structures -from the top floors of the structures, with explosives, otherwise they wouldn't have collapsed? How clever of them.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    So let me get this straight. Airplanes hit both Twin Towers and burst into flame, igniting thousands of gallons of jet fuel as well as everything that would burn inside the structures. Burning debris is falling all over the area - no water to put fires out. After approximately 2 hours, both buildings collapse - from the top floors downward. Again, debris, some of it quite heavy, I imagine, rains down all over the immediate area. You're saying that some agency deliberately destroyed three structures -from the top floors of the structures, with explosives, otherwise they wouldn't have collapsed? How clever of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love debunking this stuff but I do see a few legitimate questions in this one. The official government report says that the temps of the fires in "a few pockets" reached as high as 1,800 degrees fahrenheit. That's not hot enough to melt iron yet the conclusion seems to be that the heat melted the steel girders. I don't have enough personal knowledge to analyze further. I'm curious at what heat the steel would become malleable.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don't get me wrong, I love debunking this stuff but I do see a few legitimate questions in this one. The official government report says that the temps of the fires in "a few pockets" reached as high as 1,800 degrees fahrenheit. That's not hot enough to melt iron yet the conclusion seems to be that the heat melted the steel girders. I don't have enough personal knowledge to analyze further. I'm curious at what heat the steel would become malleable.

Steel, About 800 degrees F it begins to soften and loses 1/2 its strength at 1200 F.

It did not melt, it did not need to melt.

The towers were basically big tubes with floors suspended in those tubes.
    Have a couple 1/2 dozen of those floors burning and damaged by the jet crashing into it and when they fail the weight will compound down
    and increase with each failing.

Eddie, Let me jump on your shoulders, got me,
    ok now blackhawk2001 jump on my shoulders, ok Eddie got us?
    Hold on, WHAT HAPPENED jump on blackhawk2001 shoulders......

How you doing Ed? :):

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Steel, About 800 degrees F it begins to soften and loses 1/2 its strength at 1200 F.

It did not melt, it did not need to melt.

The towers were basically big tubes with floors suspended in those tubes.
    Have a couple 1/2 dozen of those floors burning and damaged by the jet crashing into it and when they fail the weight will compound down
    and increase with each failing.

Funny! Plus this explaination actually makes a lot more sense to me. The consiracy theory is weekening in my eyes.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    On September 11 2001 for the first time in the history of steel construction buildings not one, not two but THREE steel buildings collapsed "due to fire".

Since 6pm EDT September 11 2001 no building of steel construction has ever collapsed due to fire.

There is a reason why the FDNY set up it's command post INSIDE the WTC... because it was a SAFE place to set it up. No steel building had ever collapsed due to fire prior to that morning. EVER. They knew it, just as anyone else with fire science studies (including myself) knew it.

Other Fires in Steel-Structure Buildings

Steel buildings 50, 60 stories and higher burning out of control for hours and even for DAYS and never collapsing.

Even if you (ignorantly) discount the first two towers because of the 'jet fuel', how can WTC7 be explained?

There are only two possible reasons why WTC7 collapsed.

#1 Explosives brought it down.

#2 Shoddy construction and lack of adherence to codes of the entire WTC complex and it's buildings led to the only 3 incidents in the history of the world where buildings of steel construction have collapsed due to fire.

Personally I'd lean more towards #2 than number one but the one glaring fact is that WTC7 did not collapse due to fire or due to fire and collateral collapse damage from WTC1/2.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Oh look, another troofer thread.

ed.gif

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    On September 11 2001 for the first time in the history of steel construction buildings not one, not two but THREE steel buildings collapsed "due to fire".

Since 6pm EDT September 11 2001 no building of steel construction has ever collapsed due to fire.

There is a reason why the FDNY set up it's command post INSIDE the WTC... because it was a SAFE place to set it up. No steel building had ever collapsed due to fire prior to that morning. EVER. They knew it, just as anyone else with fire science studies (including myself) knew it.

Steel buildings 50, 60 stories and higher burning out of control for hours and even for DAYS and never collapsing.

Even if you (ignorantly) discount the first two towers because of the 'jet fuel', how can WTC7 be explained?

#2 Shoddy construction and lack of adherence to codes of the entire WTC complex and it's buildings led to the only 3 incidents in the history of the world where buildings of steel construction have collapsed due to fire.

Personally I'd lean more towards #2 than number one but the one glaring fact is that WTC7 did not collapse due to fire or due to fire and collateral collapse damage from WTC1/2.

I'll be honest here. I didn't read the report cited by another poster, but I did glance over the title pages and the executive summary. I'm pretty sure all those architects and construction and structural engineers know more about what happened to those structures than you or I or any of the folks who are saying it was a conspiracy. I have a little bit of knowledge about this because I was on one of the FEMA Task Forces who were training to perform rescues of collapsed structures, but my knowledge was limited to the various types of collapse and their causes. The Twin Towers were as textbook a case of a pancake collapse of a structure due to failure of the support of the top floors as any example I have ever seen.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

Very interesting. I noticed that the Meridian Plaza fire had the most technical information available. It said the fire generated temperatures of 500 degrees and that they stopped fighting the fire and thought that the building was going to collapse and it looked like there was some doubt as to whether or not it could be repaired. This makes it sound like steel starts to sag and bend at a lot lower temperatures than it takes to melt it. But you are correct, assuming the article is accurate, none of those buildings collapsed.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    let me get this right......a president takes a intern into the oval office...gets a ..well..lets call it a favor...just 2 people in the room....few years later..everyone in the world not only knows..but knows details of the deed.....then according to a few here..a president gets a few hundred people to go in this plan to fly 2 planes into the most visible buildings in the country...killing 3000 people.... then fly one into the pentagon...and 9 yrs later..no one talks....MMmmm...i guess they was right..Bush was the smartest President we've ever had....Geez..hopefully after Ron Paul runs and fails yet agian...these people will go back to finding Elvis..

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    let me get this right......a president takes a intern into the oval office...gets a ..well..lets call it a favor...just 2 people in the room....few years later..everyone in the world not only knows..but knows details of the deed.....then according to a few here..a president gets a few hundred people to go in this plan to fly 2 planes into the most visible buildings in the country...killing 3000 people.... then fly one into the pentagon...and 9 yrs later..no one talks....MMmmm...i guess they was right..Bush was the smartest President we've ever had....Geez..hopefully after Ron Paul runs and fails yet agian...these people will go back to finding Elvis..

I don't know that I'm willing to go that far to buy into a conspiracy theory. I'm just saying that there are some oddities aobut the tower 7 collapse. How about: "The building fell down but we aren't really sure exactly what made it fall."

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX

Let me simplify actually.

Eddie, Let Printcraft jump on your shoulders. Good.
    Blackhawk2001 Jump on Printcraft's shoulders.

No problem....
    now let me roundhouse kick Eddie in the head....... (steel failing, not melting) :)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't know that I'm willing to go that far to buy into a conspiracy theory. I'm just saying that there are some oddities aobut the tower 7 collapse. How about: "The building fell down but we aren't really sure exactly what made it fall."

What is the theory about why someone (unnamed) would want to cause twr 7, specifically, to fall?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    maybe some unknown weakness when they re-enforced tower 7 after the first attempt to bring the towers down?

to me the only conspiracy of 9/11 is the conspiracy thought itself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom