• Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is Bullpup the way to go over AR?

Flatly no.

Do the ergonomics work better for you, do you shoot it better, can you reload it faster? Basically is the gun suited to you better?

Bullpups work better for me, but I seem to be the odd one. The biggest downside is that they're more awkward in less than ideal positions than a standard rifle.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I got to take my Tavor Sar 9mm out to the range this weekend. After firing a few hundred rounds through, it very well may be the favorite firearm that I own or have shot. I am contemplating selling my 9mm AR now because I like the Tavor so much.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I got to take my Tavor Sar 9mm out to the range this weekend. After firing a few hundred rounds through, it very well may be the favorite firearm that I own or have shot. I am contemplating selling my 9mm AR now because I like the Tavor so much.
    This is the bullpup SHOW and tell. I don't think I've seen your rifle yet. :@ya:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    People. I do not think "show and tell" means what you think it means. :D

This is still on my wish list.
    20141210_1457171.1.jpg

Have a Norinco, just waiting....

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Here you go. My new to me Tavor Sar 9mm. I put a Vortex Spitfire 1x prism sight and 3 lug mount for my suppressor on it. I have a ShootingSight Tav-D trigger pack on the way. This may be the most fun gun I have shot. I am contemplating getting one of the folding charging handles for a narrower profile but will probably hold off for now. After shooting the 9mm version, I am tempted to pick up 5.56.

Attachments

• 2DE0CEF3-BB93-4D69-A37C-13EF19F5C6FD_zps3iyk77bx.jpg
      2DE0CEF3-BB93-4D69-A37C-13EF19F5C6FD_zps3iyk77bx.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 1

MikeyB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Here's a couple of my X95. I think I prefer the look and feel of the original Tavor I had, but I certainly still love the X95.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Here you go. My new to me Tavor Sar 9mm. I put a Vortex Spitfire 1x prism sight and 3 lug mount for my suppressor on it. I have a ShootingSight Tav-D trigger pack on the way. This may be the most fun gun I have shot. I am contemplating getting one of the folding charging handles for a narrower profile but will probably hold off for now. After shooting the 9mm version, I am tempted to pick up 5.56.

I bought mine in 5.56 and picked up a slightly used 9mm kit. The recoil between the two is surprisingly not that different. Both calibers are a blast to shoot. I did the 9mm so that I could shoot Friday Night Steel with it. I agree with you that it is probably the most fun gun I've ever fired. If the weather is decent, I'll be taking it to FNS tomorrow night.

The kit is not cheap, but it was less than 1/2 the cost of another rifle and it isn't too difficult to swap. I could probably do it in 15 minutes.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    People. I do not think "show and tell" means what you think it means. :D

This is still on my wish list.
    20141210_1457171.1.jpg

Have a Norinco, just waiting....

I had one of those...shill have the SKS type M that takes the AK mags but sold the BP skin. Here are my notes on it.

A) won't take a 30 round mag. due to it hitting the grip...had to find 20 rounders.
    B) Cleaning is a Pain in the butt.
    C) Trigger takes FOREVER to get to run right (had to pull it apart a couple dozen time to finally get it adjusted right)
    D) Trigger pull is LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG
    E) Trigger pull is really gross and spongy!
    F) Take a accurate SKS wrap it in plastic, mount an optic on it and watch the accuracy go to hell because things heat, move, and vibrate.

Did I mention I didn't like it? Just throwing it out there from someone who has owned one. You may want to play before you buy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did I mention I didn't like it? Just throwing it out there from someone who has owned one. You may want to play before you buy.

Oof. Outstanding advice, even if hard to hear. :D

So, it'll move down the priority list. Thanks!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You should look at the Ratworx ZRX suppressor
    Tavor%20with%20ZRX.jpg

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I bought mine in 5.56 and picked up a slightly used 9mm kit. The recoil between the two is surprisingly not that different. Both calibers are a blast to shoot. I did the 9mm so that I could shoot Friday Night Steel with it. I agree with you that it is probably the most fun gun I've ever fired. If the weather is decent, I'll be taking it to FNS tomorrow night.

The kit is not cheap, but it was less than 1/2 the cost of another rifle and it isn't too difficult to swap. I could probably do it in 15 minutes.

I am too lazy to convert. I would probably rather spend the cash and have a second complete rifle. If I can find a decent deal on a used one, I would consider grabbing one.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    Man, there are some nice bullpups in here. My favorite so far is the Steyr Aug. The PS90 is a close second. Though I haven't gotten around to making this one into an SBR its still an accurate and fun as heck. Rounds are expensive. Here are 4 options the two top (FN ss197 and American Eagle) are around 36 cents per round, the next one down is FN ss192 and is not available to the public through dealers and is roughly 1.50 dollars per round and the one on the bottom is an absurd 2 dollars per round! Needless to say, they are home defense rounds and are not taken to the range. These rounds all range from ~2450 fps - 2800 fps depending on the round. There are some load for the PS90 that can reach 3000 FPS.
    20160926_211056.jpg 20161006_144752.jpg 20160924_083714.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got an X95 as well...

The "I Voted" sticker was temporary, of course (and now resides in the Trump/Pence Hall of Fame along with the rest of my campaign souvenirs).

First 20 down the pipe at Parabellum the other night here... With factory irons all groups exactly 1-3/8" at 25 yds (elbows on the bench). Elevation seems about right for 80-100 yards, windage was off a couple of clicks. Dumb pistol training target was the only thing they had with anything resembling bullseyes on it.

I see a Trijicon MRO or another Tru-Dot RDS on top very soon. Black Friday is upon us.

EDIT: I just added two images of my X95 with sweet Trijicon MRO on top and Magpul MS1 sling.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
      IMG_0019.JPG
      159.1 KB · Views: 11
    • IMG_0022.JPG
      IMG_0022.JPG
      60 KB · Views: 14
    • IMG_0032.jpg
      IMG_0032.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 4
    • IMG_0033.jpg
      IMG_0033.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I thought this thread existed, but since it wasn't stickied, I wasn't sure (even though I'd posted in here).

My new family member:

IMG_4843.jpg

Top Bottom