• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The law required them to sell back their land use rights?

I mean, I guess if they wanted to hold on to their leases and permits and not graze there they should be able to? BLM is required to protect the turtles under the Endangered Species Act, they would be in violation of the law.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I mean, I guess if they wanted to hold on to their leases and permits and not graze there they should be able to? BLM is required to protect the turtles under the Endangered Species Act, they would be in violation of the law.

BLM is euthanizing turtles.Desert Tortoise Conservation Center's plan to euthanize hundreds of the tortoises in Nevada by 2014. | Peace . Gold . LOVE

BREAKING NEWS: BLM ends roundup of Bundy cattle - 8 News NOW
    BLM is done,Sheriff says the range is open.Bundy can round up his cattle.Those already captured still in question.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Somewhat predictive article from 2010: DEMINT: White House land grab - Washington Times

Peeling away the veneer this may have little to do with desert tortoises or taxes.

“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” - Ayn Rand

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    sounds like the best choice....

Former pets make up the majority of the tortoises at the conservation center, where they spend their days staring down jackrabbits and ducking out of the sun into protective PVC piping tucked into the rocky desert floor. Most of these animals are not suitable for release, either infected with disease or otherwise too feeble to survive.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Problem solved.

ThreadClose.gif

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    it's good to see clearer heads prevail. There would not have even been a "Waco" if the feds had listened to that sheriff.

There wouldn't have been a Waco if federal agents weren't mind number robots eager to carry out orders.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Any of you own land? Say you let a neighbor keep his horses on it for thirty years because because you weren't using it. Now your kids are grown and one wants to build a house there. You tell your neighbor that you need his horses gone for this reason. He says he now has more right to your land than you do since he has used it for so long. That would be cool right? You'd just say ok and back down... No. In any other situation you would side with the land owner. However, this particular situation involves the GOVERNMENT and many of you look for any straw you can grasp to condemn the government and scream tyranny. Maybe they are overreacting. Maybe they aren't handling the situation very well. BUT IT IS THEIR LAND! Government has always owned land. They have bought and sold it as they have seen fit, and if they didn't or country would not be as large and would not have gotten settled in many places for a much longer time. I am no fan of our current government and I believe that when we see abuse or tyrannical acts they need to be pointed out. I also believe that screaming that every single thing the government does is wrong and tyrannical just makes us look like loons and really serves the other sides purposes better than our own.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    According to sources, the BLM wants to proceed with the sale of the cattle already gathered during the roundup but is reportedly willing to share the revenue from the sale with Bundy.
    In its statement, the BLM said its actions this past week were progress in enforcing two court orders to remove the trespassing cattle from public land.

The agency director also asked that everyone involved in the dispute remain peaceful and law-abiding.

What makes people think this is over?
    The BLM statements tell me that they beleive they were right and will be coming back when things cool off a little.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    He didn't steal anything. Your reading compression fails.

lol. he stole the use of the land. your understanding of economics is non existent.

how about you lease me your back yard, it will always be yours, but i can do what i please on it? ill even promise to pay you yearly fees. oh but wait, i dont like how you are spending the money im paying you on a new car, because it has nothing to do with how you are taking care of the backyard that im using, so ill just stop paying you. ill keep using your land, to run a junkard out of for 20 years, then when you start towing MY cars off YOUR land ill get all pissy and say that its been MY land for the past 20 years. exact same thing thats happening here. if you are cool with it please post your address so i can come check out my new backyard. any yearly fee you want to charge me is fine, because i wont pay for it anyways.

not so cool when its put like that is it?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any of you own land? Say you let a neighbor keep his horses on it for thirty years because because you weren't using it. Now your kids are grown and one wants to build a house there. You tell your neighbor that you need his horses gone for this reason. He says he now has more right to your land than you do since he has used it for so long. That would be cool right? You'd just say ok and back down... No. In any other situation you would side with the land owner. However, this particular situation involves the GOVERNMENT and many of you look for any straw you can grasp to condemn the government and scream tyranny. Maybe they are overreacting. Maybe they aren't handling the situation very well. BUT IT IS THEIR LAND! Government has always owned land. They have bought and sold it as they have seen fit, and if they didn't or country would not be as large and would not have gotten settled in many places for a much longer time. I am no fan of our current government and I believe that when we see abuse or tyrannical acts they need to be pointed out. I also believe that screaming that every single thing the government does is wrong and tyrannical just makes us look like loons and really serves the other sides purposes better than our own.

lol. he stole the use of the land. your understanding of economics is non existent.

how about you lease me your back yard, it will always be yours, but i can do what i please on it? ill even promise to pay you yearly fees. oh but wait, i dont like how you are spending the money im paying you on a new car, because it has nothing to do with how you are taking care of the backyard that im using, so ill just stop paying you. ill keep using your land, to run a junkard out of for 20 years, then when you start towing MY cars off YOUR land ill get all pissy and say that its been MY land for the past 20 years. exact same thing thats happening here. if you are cool with it please post your address so i can come check out my new backyard. any yearly fee you want to charge me is fine, because i wont pay for it anyways.

not so cool when its put like that is it?

Question I posed in the other thread that nobody has addressed.

Let's say there's only a billion guns in the US with no more ever to be made. I single handedly go out and buy up 350,000,000 of them. Do you think that'd have an affect on market price and how many do you think it would push out of the market?

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Question I posed in the other thread that nobody has addressed.
    This is not new land the government is buying. It is land they already possessed. The government owned ALL the land in the west. When it was opened for settlement they gave it away to promote settlement. Much of what is still owned is arid and almost worthless. When it comes to land management it is one area where government intervention is not all bad. Look back into history before government regulation and conservation. If they hasn't stepped in our entire land mass would be desolate of trees and animals. Unfortunately humans left on their own have proven overand over to be very poor stewards of land, putting immediate financial gains over future needs.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is not new land the government is buying. It is land they already possessed. The government owned ALL the land in the west. When it was opened for settlement they gave it away to promote settlement. Much of what is still owned is arid and almost worthless. When it comes to land management it is one area where government intervention is not all bad. Look back into history before government regulation and conservation. If they hasn't stepped in our entire land mass would be desolate of trees and animals. Unfortunately humans left on their own have proven overand over to be very poor stewards of land, putting immediate financial gains over future needs.

You're right. That's why all farm land is in ruins and we as a nation are starving.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The "free market" solution never worked.

Without BLM, the land would be a dustbowl. Graziing was a huge issue in the late 1800's early 1900's. The lands were being ruined and what little land was left was fought for between ranchers in armed battles. The federal government took over grazing rights on public (some of which was in states that didnt exist at the time) to prevent ranchers killing each other and destroying the land.

Mr. Bundy paid his fees for years without a peep about the land being "in his family". He's been getting a free ride for 20 years and not the gravy train has left the station. Theres a reason other ranchers and the ranching industry are not standing by him.

How much does the government pay you to shill around and defend their actions?

I have no tolerance for a man who defends the concept of "first amendment zones."

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    From my understanding the BLM was supposed to manage and maintain the land using the fees these ranchers paid to them for use of the land. Instead the BLM used money from these fees to buy out ranchers while they were not paying to maintain land. They were using ranchers money to run the very same ranchers out of business. Hardly seems right to me. Mr Bundy saw this 20 years ago and refused to do business with the BLM, choosing instead to pay the county, which refused his payments, all this time mr Bundy was still paying to maintain this land. So now some people are saying Mr Bundy's cattle should be stolen and auctioned? Even if he is in the wrong his cattle are still his cattle. His property is still his property. Just because the government says does not make it so.
    Another point I take issue with is comparing federal land to private property. Federal land is owned by the tax payer. Bought, paid for and funded by the taxpayer. As a tax payer I do not agree with the federal government using public lands to extort ranchers or anybody else.

Top Bottom