• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Non toxic shot is also mandated for dove on F&W areas.
    Magnet aint gonna pick up bismuth though.
    Hopefully you do realize that some of us have been at this stuff a while and don't need the spoon feed.

depends upon the size of the spoon...................LOL just like the use of 1.8" arbitrary length to begin with.............................

Intelligence can be gain from many sources..............stupidity is kind of inherited .....................

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    depends upon the size of the spoon...................LOL just like the use of 1.8" arbitrary length to begin with.............................

Intelligence can be gain from many sources..............stupidity is kind of inherited .....................

Many sources..........you aint one of them.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    And........a .357 magnum is capable of running .38 special .........which isn't legal on deer.

BTW, .35 rem 1.8 is pretty cool..

the .357 mag. is the MONSTER that started this NONSense mine is bigger than yours min. cartridge and max. length crap...........................

if they ever get this fixed................. it should be: Centerfire Rifles larger than .223

No mention of PUBLIC or PRIVATE because there is no sound conservation reason for such horse apples......................

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    again showing my ignorance, but if i was on my own property, and took down a deer, why would i report it? Why not just drag it home, process and eat it. Move on with my life......

Tagged deer are one way for the biologists to determine how successful hunters have been by using harvest rates, and to determine how many deer are in an area. They also help ICOs determine who is playing by the rules and who isn't. Unrestricted hunting in the late 1800s and early 1900 wiped out Indiana's deer herd. Only because of hunting regulations have we gotten to the point we are now. Before the 1970s is was a big thing to see a buck and anything with antlers was considered a trophy. Now many hunters talk about 140, 150, 160 class bucks and if they should let them pass in favor of bigger bucks. I would say that's a heck of a success story to think that people let trophy deer pass in favor of even larger trophies. Not to mention being able to take multiple does, if I desired.

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    And it's NOT DNR causing the problem here. They have to enforce the law as passed by our legislature. And when the idiots there screw things up horribly by NOT proofreading or even understanding what they are passing (gee, ever heard THAT one before?!?!?!), DNR is stuck holding us accountable for idiotic rules that should have never have been enacted as-is.

Put the blame where it should be...and use the opportunity to let our duly elected idiots...er, legislators...know how you feel.

Agree completely.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    BTW, the kiss arse CO post was a bit much.
    Evidently you haven't met all the states current and or former CO's.
    They're people just like us........and some of them aint cool.
    Most are... thankfully.
    Granted, I'm not up on Catholicism, but I don't think one joins the DNR on way to becoming a saint.

Does seem to be a fasttrack to a god complex tho... I'm sure there are cool ones out there, but like a turkey during hunting season I haven't seen one in the field. I know they are on edge walking around woods filled with armed people, but there is truly no need for the attitude I've personally gotten while being polite and compliant after they came stomping through the 5 acres of woods I had to hunt in. I also had a C/O on a power trip kick me out of a field that I was using to sight in my muzzleloader, even tho I had personal permission from the landowner. The landowner had to call the c/o to clear me, I had name number and address of the owner, still not good enough for johnny thorough. I know they have a job to do, but I don't trust them to make judgment calls and I don't trust that they will courteous when they yell at you to hop out of the tree for an equipment and license shakedown.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Think about all the nice folks you have met in the field while hunting....................................yea
    then......think about the hill-jacks you have met in the field while out & about looking for mushrooms, nuts, berries, hunting etc.
    Finally think about...
    Conservation Officers have to deal with all kinds of folks and enforce the wildlife laws & All laws of the state of Indiana (they can give you a speeding ticket for example.)

The IDNR is directly responsible for this mess along with lawmakers.....................
    When passing the rifles for deer in 2016 there was input from lawmakers, DNR, NRA reps., just nobody with a book called "Cartridges of the World" by Frank C. Barnes 8th edition.

Technical matters, well require technical skills.............so................................they forgot to get it right..................lawmakers are not usually technical******,well they are politicians, yea.

IDNR staff have experts in Biology, Wildlife Mgt., Forestry etc. they should have had their finger on this in 2016 & 2017.

Plus they do have the executive power to fix many things by pronouncement published to the public...........maybe not twitter or facebook yet, but that's comin...........

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    We all deal with dbags, I cannot treat every customer with disrespect just because I've had a bad day or deal with difficult people.

Top Bottom