• Total voters

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I spread it on burger buns to grill, then of course crab legs and lobster, all of which are on hold. Well, except the buns. Oh and as far as making your own, 1lb of butter only makes a little ghee, like a real small jar. Eventually I’ll be able to make money again, so I’ll pay for someone else to clarify my butter.

I've seen it at Aldi, but I never paid attention to the price.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Ghee is just clarified butter. You can make it yourself, but by the time you get rid of the milk solids and average it out at a per pound price I don't now that you'd save much.

Just wondering what all you guys are using Ghee or clarified butter for? All I ever used clarified butter for was Hollandaise sauce, or to dip lobster in.

I spread it on burger buns to grill, then of course crab legs and lobster, all of which are on hold. Well, except the buns. Oh and as far as making your own, 1lb of butter only makes a little ghee, like a real small jar. Eventually I’ll be able to make money again, so I’ll pay for someone else to clarify my butter.

Also, take melted butter and brush it on your bread to make toasted cheese samiches... MMM MMM Good. :yesway:

Yes, melted, cooled, separated butter is ghee- yummy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ghee is just clarified butter. You can make it yourself, but by the time you get rid of the milk solids and average it out at a per pound price I don't now that you'd save much.

Just wondering what all you guys are using Ghee or clarified butter for? All I ever used clarified butter for was Hollandaise sauce, or to dip lobster in.

Close. Its clarified butter boiled a bit longer than necessary to just remove the milkfats. You make ghee if you heat it too quickly while making clarified butter. Ask me how I know. LOL

The difference is clarified butter tastes like butter. Ghee has a nutty taste to it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Close. Its clarified butter boiled a bit longer than necessary to just remove the milkfats. You make ghee if you heat it too quickly while making clarified butter. Ask me how I know. LOL

The difference is clarified butter tastes like butter. Ghee has a nutty taste to it.
    The browning of the milk fat and solids imparts the nutty flavor

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    On the lunch menu today... Melted Kerry Gold brushed onto rye bread then toasted golden on the griddle- grilled cheese w/ thin sliced ham with a sprinkle of italian seasoning.

Always a winner. :yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I like the same, but I cook my yolks till they are solid. Whatever that is called. (never ordered them in a restaurant)

Another great one is fry 3-4 rashers of chopped up bacon, then add scrambled eggs and cook. (without draining any grease)
    Over well, or hard fried. Oh and Butter and Bacon, margarine is for kink sex.

Troglodyte.

Oh, and butter was good enough for Marlon Brando, so there is no use for margarine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When I was a kid, my grandma would stop into a Jewish Bakery (Detroit) and bring over Kaiser rolls freshly made, and bagels, with sweet, unsalted butter.

Just about as good as it can get.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I cannot stand the taste of unsalted butter, I do use it for baking.

Top Bottom