• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If Biden wins you won't be allowed to own certain types of firearms and magazines you have already purchased, maybe decades ago. California laws will be enforced nationwide.

He already pledged that he will do confiscations. He also planned to appoint Beto to some sort of gun control position.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Don't overlook the P series (P85-P89) Rugers in 9mm. They seem to be immune to crazy prices.

They are not first tier tactical, but they are built like a tank and will work like a champ.

I'm sorry, had to edit to say welcome to INGO.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hi all,

I wanted to get a gun a couple years back, but was never able to get the Mrs. onboard. Well, like a lot of people now, she's come around to seeing why it might be desirable to be able to defend one's self.

I assume there are no psychics on this forum, so perhaps this is an ignorant question to ask, but do you expect the price of guns to go down in the next several months as things start to normalize? (Assuming they do). They seem significantly higher than when I looked sometime back, which is not surprising, but I'm not sure if it's inflation or demand.

If you find something you like and its 10% higher than normal I say grab it anyway because things are not going to slow down anytime soon. If Trump gets elected in November that will be a great help but its still going to take around 7-8 months to start catching up to the current demand. If Trump doesn't get elected I highly doubt you find anything that might be on the ban list come January 22, 2021.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Welcome.... I think you might be a little optimistic to think things will "normalize" in the next few months. Before the riots I thought things would normalize after the virus but who can predict what is on the horizon now? Take a basic class so you will have some idea of what might suit your needs and get on a list to get one. I hope and pray that things normalize soon but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]
    This!
    I agree with NHT3 as most always.
    Nothing will normalize before Jan 20th 2021 AT LEAST and you can bet on it.

As to the other issue and please dont take this the wrong way, because I'm going to speak directly to you, but in a friend way the same as I'd speak to a real life friend or family member. I'm not questioning your manhood or anything. Please look at this with no ego and you will see it for what it is, honest advice. My opinion.

Sometimes a man needs to do what he needs to do to protect his household even if that pisses the wife off. She will get over it.
    The old saying, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, applies here.
    It is your sacred DUTY to protect your family. Its Biblical of you believe in that. If you don't, I dont judge, but still the duty of a Man to protect his household is timeless.
    As NHT3 said, this also includes being PROPERLY trained. Not just taking a firearm to the range and plinking. Actual training from a instructor or someone who is well trained themselves and can properly convey that knowledge. Not every "operator" is an instructor. Doesn't work that way. Good Instructors are treasures, heroes, in our community. Seek them out.
    Also buying the PROPER (reliable) equipment to protect yourself and your family is paramount. Do not skimp. Cheap guns, get cheap results, and expensive funerals for their owners. Your family needs you to be around for them. Don't die because you didnt get trained and or bought a crap firearm. This is life or death. This IS that serious. Right now especially and I'm not playing. Would you refuse to buy a fore extinguisher for your kitchen and garage, and smoke detectors for your house because you have a water hose? **** no you wouldn't because that would make you a moron and I know you aren't a moron because you're on ingo and you are smart and asking for sound advice!
    Dont buy inadequate ammo or firearms or mags or training, EVER!
    Also, I highly recomend getting sound legal knowledge too on the self defense subject. Seek out someone like Guy Relford AKA "the gun guy". Kindof a big deal and a patriot. Has a radio show. Has written what are now actual LAWS in our great state regarding firearms and protections for gun owners. Look him up. Listen, and learn well. It's your freedom and bank account at stake.

Hit up NHT3 via PM and ask him his recommendations on training & a firearm. I fully trust this mans opinions

There is so much more. This is such an important conversation. But I applaud you for being a man and not being afraid to ask your questions. The only stupid questions are the ones people do not ask.
    Men tend to allow ego to get in the way when it comes to firearms. So my last piece of advice is to never be that guy. NO ONE and I mean no one, knows it all. Ask if you do not know. I will never judge someone for asking something they don't know and for seeking out knowledge.

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Trigger time pretty much covered it. The only thing I would add is to say that you don't have to buy an entire collection right now. Things will eventually settle down. For now you need a solid tool. Preferably something you and the wife can both agree on. Then you need ammo and a little bit of training. After that practice regularly until things do settle down some, and you can add a few more pieces, and know a little better what you like, and what your wife likes.
    Who knows? You might just end up having fun together with it!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hi all,

I wanted to get a gun a couple years back, but was never able to get the Mrs. onboard. Well, like a lot of people now, she's come around to seeing why it might be desirable to be able to defend one's self.
    -snip-

Welcome to Ingo.
    I say get it now while you can.
    And familiarize yourself with it so you can handle it safely and shoot it proficiently.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the next panic buy is always right around the corner and things don't really normalize anymore? Maybe I was blind to it, but it seems like when I was younger things were more stable.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    What happens if you need one tonight to protect you and or your family?
    I have been looking daily for a nice Gen-3 Glock-19 for the misses, you may find one in our classifieds, or on Gunbroker.com, or on Armslist.
    But at what cost?
    How much are YOU worth?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    What happens if you need one tonight to protect you and or your family?
    I have been looking daily for a nice Gen-3 Glock-19 for the misses, you may find one in our classifieds, or on Gunbroker.com, or on Armslist.
    But at what cost?
    How much are YOU worth?

One of the most popular handguns ever. Not likely to find a good deal on one for a looooooong time.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Answer is always buy! Prices on new things aren’t bad if you find a place with decent stock. Point blank is my go to for new and Indiana gun club. Used market is crazy at the moment

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I would feel very uncomfortable not having a firearm in the house. Actually I have many, from fun plinkers to serious rifles and pistols. Always pray I will not need them for defense, but have them if I do.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This!
    I agree with NHT3 as most always.
    Nothing will normalize before Jan 20th 2021 AT LEAST and you can bet on it.

As to the other issue and please dont take this the wrong way, because I'm going to speak directly to you, but in a friend way the same as I'd speak to a real life friend or family member. I'm not questioning your manhood or anything. Please look at this with no ego and you will see it for what it is, honest advice. My opinion.

Sometimes a man needs to do what he needs to do to protect his household even if that pisses the wife off. She will get over it.
    The old saying, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, applies here.
    It is your sacred DUTY to protect your family. Its Biblical of you believe in that. If you don't, I dont judge, but still the duty of a Man to protect his household is timeless.
    As NHT3 said, this also includes being PROPERLY trained. Not just taking a firearm to the range and plinking. Actual training from a instructor or someone who is well trained themselves and can properly convey that knowledge. Not every "operator" is an instructor. Doesn't work that way. Good Instructors are treasures, heroes, in our community. Seek them out.
    Also buying the PROPER (reliable) equipment to protect yourself and your family is paramount. Do not skimp. Cheap guns, get cheap results, and expensive funerals for their owners. Your family needs you to be around for them. Don't die because you didnt get trained and or bought a crap firearm. This is life or death. This IS that serious. Right now especially and I'm not playing. Would you refuse to buy a fore extinguisher for your kitchen and garage, and smoke detectors for your house because you have a water hose? **** no you wouldn't because that would make you a moron and I know you aren't a moron because you're on ingo and you are smart and asking for sound advice!
    Dont buy inadequate ammo or firearms or mags or training, EVER!
    Also, I highly recomend getting sound legal knowledge too on the self defense subject. Seek out someone like Guy Relford AKA "the gun guy". Kindof a big deal and a patriot. Has a radio show. Has written what are now actual LAWS in our great state regarding firearms and protections for gun owners. Look him up. Listen, and learn well. It's your freedom and bank account at stake.

Hit up NHT3 via PM and ask him his recommendations on training & a firearm. I fully trust this mans opinions

There is so much more. This is such an important conversation. But I applaud you for being a man and not being afraid to ask your questions. The only stupid questions are the ones people do not ask.
    Men tend to allow ego to get in the way when it comes to firearms. So my last piece of advice is to never be that guy. NO ONE and I mean no one, knows it all. Ask if you do not know. I will never judge someone for asking something they don't know and for seeking out knowledge.
    I was going to add a footnote to my answer but I see you have given it the whole 9 yards TT. I beat the "training" drum pretty often here but it can't be overemphasized. I'll just add my foot note and back out before I sound foolish trying to improve on what TT stated.. I read this somewhere and it's short and to the point and says it all
    . A gun is not a talisman to ward off evil spirits. It is a tool of last resort requiring proficiency and recurrent training to maintain that proficiency.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was going to add a footnote to my answer but I see you have given it the whole 9 yards TT. I beat the "training" drum pretty often here but it can't be overemphasized. I'll just add my foot note and back out before I sound foolish trying to improve on what TT stated.. I read this somewhere and it's short and to the point and says it all
    . A gun is not a talisman to ward off evil spirits. It is a tool of last resort requiring proficiency and recurrent training to maintain that proficiency.

Nothing wrong with training for those who are able and interested, but there are lots of people who have successfully defended themselves with a firearm without ongoing training. I posted several examples of 70-90 year olds successfully using a firearm for self defense in another thread, and I'm pretty sure none of them are rolling around like John Wick and smacking steel plates on a regular basis. As long as someone is familiar with their chosen platform and shoots at least a couple times a year, they'll probably be ok in a self defense scenario.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, we would hope so. But I missed Rocky the cat food thief FIVE TIMES last night from inside twenty yards. Evidently I need to get my little pocket pea shooter out and practice with it a little bit more. Dang.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, we would hope so. But I missed Rocky the cat food thief FIVE TIMES last night from inside twenty yards. Evidently I need to get my little pocket pea shooter out and practice with it a little bit more. Dang.

shoot.gif

Top Bottom