829B84E1F22FA18A394DCB727C1F643783C9A18D

Yeah I am not seeing one post like that...….:dunno:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I guess we can agree to disagree, I don't have a problem with that.:): You may have some incidents where unprepared people have prevailed but leading people to believe they are prepared when they aren't is not a good idea. I've made this offer before but I'll put it out there again.. Anyone that hasn't shot in the Carry gun match and wants to demonstrate their skills, if you finish in the top half of the field I'll pay your entry fee. PM me and let me know you're coming, next match is 7-15. No pressure other than a hot range, timer running, 25 people watching and strict safety protocols. Nothing like having someone threaten your life. No tacticool, just drawing from concealment and hitting cardboard. I would be sincerely happy to see some new faces finish ahead of me in the match results and see some more revolvers in the mix.:rockwoot:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

No worries, but if you are seriously saying that you think the majority of people who have actually had to use their firearm in a defensive situation have attended any type of formal training other than perhaps basic familiarity, then you are simply wrong. In fact, a properly trained person should be the least likely to find themselves in a defensive encounter, as situation awareness is one of the main components of any good defensive course.

You seem fixated on gun games, competing against others and the clock to put holes in cardboard as a demonstration of preparedness. Nothing could be further from reality. Preparedness is a mindset first. Operating a firearm at typical self-defense distances ain't rocket science.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    No worries, but if you are seriously saying that you think the majority of people who have actually had to use their firearm in a defensive situation have attended any type of formal training other than perhaps basic familiarity, then you are simply wrong. In fact, a properly trained person should be the least likely to find themselves in a defensive encounter, as situation awareness is one of the main components of any good defensive course.

You seem fixated on gun games, competing against others and the clock to put holes in cardboard as a demonstration of preparedness. Nothing could be further from reality. Preparedness is a mindset first. Operating a firearm at typical self-defense distances ain't rocket science.

The gun games are not a replacement for CCW but 2 things.

First...the gun owner who competes proves that he is humble and willing to test his self and learn. This is huge.

Second, shooting more in any discipline just might keep Billy Bob from shooting his self or being a total irresponsible CCW.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Things are bad now, but only going to get worse in the next 6-12 months. If you can’t wait at least 2 years, buy now.

If Trump wins or Trump loses, the Left is going to drive demand for guns (and especially ammo) much higher. If he wins, they will of course meltdown and riot about how illegitimate electoral colleges are and blah blah and unrest will get worse as they throw tantrum about losing. If he loses, you can expect the Republicans also loses the Senate and of course a massive round of gun control initiatives will be coming-- which we all know and are of course hoarding guns and ammo as a result.

So either way, guns and ammo are going up--not down-- in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Another vote for why wait any longer.

Do you have anything specific in mind?

From what I've seen, common handguns aren't really overpriced too much due to current issues, but supply is very limited.

Rifles on the other hand I've seen some increased prices. If you are just looking for a reliable handgun, I don't think you will take too much of a hit as far as price goes, you just have to find one in stock but they can be found.

Ammo is another issue. I have definetly seen those prices climb, and stock go way down. Little hint, usually with ammo the more you buy the better deal you can get. I pretty much always buy in bulk for that reason.

Anyway, I wish you luck with your search and hope you get something soon. Keep us posted!

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Things are bad now, but only going to get worse in the next 6-12 months. If you can’t wait at least 2 years, buy now.

If Trump wins or Trump loses, the Left is going to drive demand for guns (and especially ammo) much higher. If he wins, they will of course meltdown and riot about how illegitimate electoral colleges are and blah blah and unrest will get worse as they throw tantrum about losing. If he loses, you can expect the Republicans also loses the Senate and of course a massive round of gun control initiatives will be coming-- which we all know and are of course hoarding guns and ammo as a result.

So either way, guns and ammo are going up--not down-- in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, the sky screamers, ***** hats, and others spent MONTHS doing their silliness last time. If Trump gets reelected, you can bet that what comes next will make the George Floyd stuff look like a picnic.

bigmisb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    S of Indy
    I see a lot of people here talking about how irrational and militant many on the 'left' are, but I think it also bears noting how many people on the 'right' there are nowadays who are also unreasonable and aching for blood. If Trump loses, count on many of those same people to enthusiastically contribute towards an extended breakdown of order of some magnitude, complete with the requisite violence and further destruction of our nations's social fabric. The takeaway is the same, though - There's a storm coming, so prepare now, and stock up.

Oh, and pray for our country, and the good, reasonable people on all sides of the political and social spectrum who didn't ask for or deserve any of this stupid crap. God knows we all could use a little more of His grace in our lives...

Anyways, I'll get off my self-righteous soapbox now, and go back to being a nice, inoffensive lurker again, lol :whistle:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I see a lot of people here talking about how irrational and militant many on the 'left' are, but I think it also bears noting how many people on the 'right' there are nowadays who are also unreasonable and aching for blood. If Trump loses, count on many of those same people to enthusiastically contribute towards an extended breakdown of order of some magnitude, complete with the requisite violence and further destruction of our nations's social fabric. The takeaway is the same, though - There's a storm coming, so prepare now, and stock up.

Oh, and pray for our country, and the good, reasonable people on all sides of the political and social spectrum who didn't ask for or deserve any of this stupid crap. God knows we all could use a little more of His grace in our lives...

Anyways, I'll get off my self-righteous soapbox now, and go back to being a nice, inoffensive lurker again, lol :whistle:

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    There are not that many far right people. What you are seeing is middle of the road people being labelled far right. The liberal left has been vocal and violent for quite some time now.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ...but I think it also bears noting how many people on the 'right' there are nowadays who are also unreasonable and aching for blood. If Trump loses, count on many of those same people to enthusiastically contribute towards an extended breakdown of order of some magnitude, complete with the requisite violence and further destruction of our nations's social fabric...

dontfeed

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Hey! Don't put him down. If Trump loses, I'm going to have to organize a pull-down of a Marx statue, burning of a couple of Gender Studies departments and help create a conservative autonomous zone in downtown Minneapolis where police are welcome, but we continuously protest and hunt down marxists and their progressive allies. Purple-ize if needed.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My granddaughter is watching the news and said,

"You better go and buy your little gun toys. They're running out of them."

No, I'm good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My granddaughter is watching the news and said,

"You better go and buy your little gun toys. They're running out of them."

No, I'm good.

That's cute. :):

I just bought a couple of new guy toys. :)

I haven't touched off a .22LR in a very long time, but I figured it would be a good time to get a couple of handguns. I've only got 1 .22 handgun, a Hi-Standard Sentinel 9 shot revolver somewhere in the back of my safe. I brought home a new Ruger Wrangler and a Taurus TX-22 (my first semiauto .22 pistol ever), and I'm looking forward to doing a little plinking with them. Also ordered 5000 rounds of .22 LR and will probably order 5000 more rounds in a couple of weeks. Stack it deep while it's cheap.

bigmisb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    S of Indy
    Welp, that's what I get for coming out of my hole to voice one of my silly opinions :dunno: Back in my hole... :toilet2:

Last edited:

bigmisb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    S of Indy
    In all seriousness, though, I'm just trying to protect my family and prepare for the crapstorm to come like everyone else, so if I agree to keep my opinions to myself, I hope you guys will still be willing to sell stuff to me, hehe :):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom