• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In all seriousness, though, I'm just trying to protect my family and prepare for the crapstorm to come like everyone else, so if I agree to keep my opinions to myself, I hope you guys will still be willing to sell stuff to me, hehe :):
    Trust me, plenty of us disagree on things but we still share common ground. If you worry about people always agreeing with you then ANY place on the internet wont be for you. But take things with a grain of salt. Most things read harsher than they are intended. You cant see a persons emotions on the internet. I get passionate about things and sometimes it can seem like I'm yelling at a person but all I'm doing is defending or stating my stance. I'm a laid back guy and if I said exactly the same thing in person you wouldn't think I was trying to offend you I'd bet. But I would say exactly the same thing in person as o do here.

Anyways. Post more often. The more people who give their viewpoints the better

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. I seriously doubt people with no training (two times a year is no training) are successfully defending themselves on a regular basis.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

The fraction of people who invest in training and are truly skilled at all with a firearm is a TINY fraction of gun owners. You know it. Unless you believe that the vast majority of low/no training gun owners is somehow able to avoid criminal interaction at a disproportionate rate, I'd suggest that Route 45 is closer to the truth here than you are.

One you abide by the first rule of a gunfight, training is about increasing the range of interactions you can successfully come out of, and improving the odds of success further.

But let's not act like achieving the first rule (have a gun) is nothing. The evidence of unskilled people--even very young and inexperienced people-- effectively using a gun for defensive purposes is overwhelming.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I see a lot of people here talking about how irrational and militant many on the 'left' are, but I think it also bears noting how many people on the 'right' there are nowadays who are also unreasonable and aching for blood. If Trump loses, count on many of those same people to enthusiastically contribute towards an extended breakdown of order of some magnitude, complete with the requisite violence and further destruction of our nations's social fabric. The takeaway is the same, though - There's a storm coming, so prepare now, and stock up.

Oh, and pray for our country, and the good, reasonable people on all sides of the political and social spectrum who didn't ask for or deserve any of this stupid crap. God knows we all could use a little more of His grace in our lives...

Anyways, I'll get off my self-righteous soapbox now, and go back to being a nice, inoffensive lurker again, lol :whistle:

Yeah, no. We have to go to work. Plus,. when this week's gang of thugs destroys someone's downtown, we already know who gets to clean it up and pay for it. We do.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It is demand. Background checks are up over 400% from last year. If more guns were available, it would be even higher.

There is nothing cyclical or normal about what I see and read on the news. Your biggest problem will be finding a gun you want and then getting proficient with it given our lock down or whatever. Retailers are out of just about everything with a trigger. I did a spot check on 12 gauge buckshot yesterday. 12 gauge buckshot is the sliced white bread of ammo, yet everyone was out of stock on it. I didn't really need any, just thought I might top off my stock a bit with some high-end stuff, but no.

I have one rule at my house about guns, well, actually I have several, but the one that floats to the top is: I do not own a gun that my wife cannot safely operate and shoot. It took some time to get there. Just something you might want to consider.

Short story: Some years ago my wife and I were awaked by our home alarm system. Someone had or was in the process of breaking into our home. I grabbed my AR, my wife grabbed her AR, and we took our positions just as we practiced. It turned out good for everyone because the intruder got scared and ran away. My wife understands, I will run to the fight, but if I am down and out of the fight, it's up to her.

My wife has taken classes with her AR. If I am ever shot in a home invasion, that would not be the best time for my wife to learn how to shoot.

My first home defensive gun, and still at arms reach, is a 12 gauge. You may have different thoughts or requirements. I'm just sharing my experiences. A 12 gauge can be had for much less than an AR and they are wicked evil at 'inside your home' distances.

If you should happen to need a gun, any gun, that gun is priceless. I call it "Life Assurance." Besides, how much do you think you can save by waiting? Seriously? Thousands? Hundreds? If you wait long enough and are lucky enough, you just might be able to pick one up laying in the street.

I pray for the best and plan for the worst.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've actually been waiting nine days for my NICS check to go through.
    This does'nt sound good. I just purchased a G45 through grabagun and had it transferred to a local NWI dealer. Fedex tracking said it was delivered yesterday morning. Still waiting on LGS to contact me. Gonna call sometime this morning and inquire about my transfer. They may have a backlog on NICS checks so they might not be in a rush to facilitate delivery.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    My liberal friends are buying guns now. Maybe not real close friends, more like acquaintances.

6 people since the virus shutdown have asked me to either shoot or what gun should they buy. I know 4 have already bought theirs, G19's.

They asked :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This does'nt sound good. I just purchased a G45 through grabagun and had it transferred to a local NWI dealer. Fedex tracking said it was delivered yesterday morning. Still waiting on LGS to contact me. Gonna call sometime this morning and inquire about my transfer. They may have a backlog on NICS checks so they might not be in a rush to facilitate delivery.
    Just picked up my transfer at the LGS. In and out in less than 15mins.

They said their NCIS checks have been runniing about 80% without delay.

Must've been lucky to be in the 80 percentile today. :alright:

Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Honestly see what is out there that you want. And work on getting it I don’t see prices going down for a while. Shops are having trouble keep stocks on guns and ammo.

Top Bottom