• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hmmm... we live pretty close to each other and I've worked in the Carmel area for decades. Does Hoosier Armory have a store front? Google search shows them in a residential area. I've never heard of them but the prices look decent. Their website doesn't have an address but says to bring in a firearm for sale or trade.

Good luck with your search. The hunt for something new can be both fun and frustrating. I'm hunting for the perfect single action revolver myself.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm... we live pretty close to each other and I've worked in the Carmel area for decades. Does Hoosier Armory have a store front? Google search shows them in a residential area. I've never heard of them but the prices look decent. Their website doesn't have an address but says to bring in a firearm for sale or trade.

Good luck with your search. The hunt for something new can be both fun and frustrating. I'm hunting for the perfect single action revolver myself.

1. I found them on a web search a month ago:
    (317) 417-2006 · 217 Village Dr E Carmel, IN 46032

2. They sell out of a garage in a residential section: strange

3. Rick and Jim are the names of the 2 guys I've met and talked with; I have been there 3 times.

4. Their prices are my benchmark b/c I will buy from them if going new, and I'm on a list for what I want used.

5. I called them while at the gun show to make sure they did have a Taurus SS 6 inch for $500 (I was thinking $400, ha!) so as to not buy the used Taurus Camanche for $275 that looked rough.
    6. I don't mind buying a rough .22, but i want to pay way less for it (I'm old, used to get them for $20-$50).

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    1. I'm hearing you and paying attention.
    2. I like the heavy, entire chamber come out, and all the spent shells come out at one push type, but am open if I need to be.
    3. I looked up on Hoosier Armory and found:
    Ruger Single 10 for $518 new.
    4. I would just buy the Taurus for $500 I think.
    5. Thanks for the feedback!

Okay, I getcha.
    You'd definitely prefer a conventional double action.
    That Taurus sounds promising.
    With your preferences in mind, another option (a bit more than the Taurus, but if you want to buy American...) would be the Ruger SP101, which is indeed available in .22 LR, amongh other calibers.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Okay, I getcha.
    You'd definitely prefer a conventional double action.
    That Taurus sounds promising.
    With your preferences in mind, another option (a bit more than the Taurus, but if you want to buy American...) would be the Ruger SP101, which is indeed available in .22 LR, amongh other calibers.

It looks like the difference (when I look it up on Hoosier Armory) between the Ruger GP100 and the SP101 is the 100 is 5.5 inch and the 101 in 4 inch, but, point taken.
    And, the 101 is lighter by 12 oz. and is an 8 shot vs. 10 shot, and is $50 cheaper.
    I will sell the S/W Victory I just bought since I had my fun with it today at the range, but I want the $300 I paid for it to go toward a revolver.
    I'll also sell my Charter Arms .38, in box, bought from Marksman in Westfield 3 weeks ago (paid $270) or my Taurus .357 (paid $275) with holster, some personal protection bullets and speed loader and box.
    I might even sell my .380 Colt Mustang with 4 clips, but I don't want to be in a hurry with that b/c I've had it for decades and if I get my CC again, it's a great small piece.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Went to the range with my new S/W Victory Saturday, since gun show didn't have much in the line of used .22 revolvers so I didn't go back after Friday after work where I looked everything over 3 times and had fun talking to 2 guys at the INGO table.
    I had my fun with it but really want a revolver so I'll sell it for the $300 I paid for it.
    The seller paid a little less than $400 for it (w/tax) just a couple of months earlier, so I imagine someone who wants a Victory will be glad to pick it up for $300 like I was.
    If not, I'd just keep it to continue to play with at the range.
    I couldn't figure out where/how to upload a pic last evening on this site from Photobucket, so I'll have to get help.
    I read the posting instructions, but looking at a screen (that I don't see or know how to access) w/o numbered directions-for-dummies didn't get it done for me, but I struggle with any new application of technology.
    It took me years before I got around to posting pics on my car site b/c of ignorance. :crying::wallbash:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Went to the range with my new S/W Victory Saturday, since gun show didn't have much in the line of used .22 revolvers so I didn't go back after Friday after work where I looked everything over 3 times and had fun talking to 2 guys at the INGO table.
    I had my fun with it but really want a revolver so I'll sell it for the $300 I paid for it.
    The seller paid a little less than $400 for it (w/tax) just a couple of months earlier, so I imagine someone who wants a Victory will be glad to pick it up for $300 like I was.
    If not, I'd just keep it to continue to play with at the range.
    I couldn't figure out where/how to upload a pic last evening on this site from Photobucket, so I'll have to get help.
    I read the posting instructions, but looking at a screen (that I don't see or know how to access) w/o numbered directions-for-dummies didn't get it done for me, but I struggle with any new application of technology.
    It took me years before I got around to posting pics on my car site b/c of ignorance. :crying::wallbash:

Get yourself a Photobuck login, then upload to there.
    Once your photos are up there, first click the photo you want to post here so that you get the full resolution image, then right click the photo and look for something like "Copy Image Location" (what Firefox has), the post the link to the photos using the toolbar directly above the posting box.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Get yourself a Photobuck login, then upload to there.
    Once your photos are up there, first click the photo you want to post here so that you get the full resolution image, then right click the photo and look for something like "Copy Image Location" (what Firefox has), the post the link to the photos using the toolbar directly above the posting box.

1. Thanks! That is exactly what I did.
    2. I've had a Photobucket for yrs., though I rarely use it anymore.
    3. I'll try it again maybe later today to see what is going wrong.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

If this pic show up, it wasn't from "insert image" b/c that's not working for me.
    I simply pasted the URL lind directly into the dialog box here and after doing "post quick reply" it showed up.
    Or not, that's what I did when the 'Vetter showed up: this is my son's S2000 (if it shows).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hilarious that I'm not using the "insert image" but just pasting from Photobucket directly onto this dialogue box.
    I'll try it again with another pic.
    My daughter in my S2000

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    At last, we see the Victory, not to mention the .38 and .357.
    FWIW, were it me, I'd sell only the guns that I didn't intend to carry for serious business, that (I'm assuming) you intend to do once you get your LARRY.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    At last, we see the Victory, not to mention the .38 and .357.
    FWIW, were it me, I'd sell only the guns that I didn't intend to carry for serious business, that (I'm assuming) you intend to do once you get your LARRY.

1. Good point.
    2. I will get and keep a revolver for target shooting at the range every once in awhile.
    3. I will sell the 357 Taurus (b/c it's not stainless steel) after I sell the Victory b/c I want to keep my Charter Arms .38 SS for home protection and could carry it.
    4. I will keep my Colt Mustang .380 that I never could sell b/c I loved it, and it is a perfect carry gun.
    5. Also, my little SS .22 magnum that I kept is a nice "sock" gun for emergencies if carrying a normal-sized gun in not convenient.
    6. Both were bought at the 1500 Gun Show back around 1990 (I've been saying 1980 by mistake).

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I went to my local LGS yesterday and took a look at the Beretta M9 22, S&W Victory, Browning Buckmark, and Ruger Mark VI Hunter. I got the itch about a week ago to get a 22 pistol and had pretty much decided on the Beretta M9 22. I really didn't know much about what was out these but figured already owning a 92FS that getting a Beretta M9 22 made a lot of sense. That is until I saw the Ruger Mark IV Hunter in SS and wood grips.

Anyway when I got a chance to compare these in person it made even more sense, especially after I disassembled and reassembled one in person. Oh man, is that disassembly and reassembly so frigging easy. At 6.88 the barrel was the longest present in the shop at the time. Oh, did I forget to mention it's in SS?

Top Bottom