• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I have had people become "ghosts" with PM's, never had a deal set in stone. But have had a few times exchanging PM's about an item, feeling a deal was about to happen, then poof...........never hear from them again.
    I don't get it, just man up send a message saying you changed your mind, or make up a story about how your car suddenly broke, or the washer went out, or whatever "bad luck" you can come up with.
    Much better than to just stop communicating.

That sounds like dating....but seriously, the few deals I've done via INGO all went very smoothly. I follow a few local groups on FB more for a laugh then to actually buy anything.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gotta be honest, I have had several transactions and every one of them has been great. The people I've met have been folks I would hang out with if we lived closer. The people are what make this site and the folks that run it do a good job keeping the wheels on so to speak...Thanks for your hard work.

-Drew

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Some of the positive feedback left by other for me have stated that I was on time and didn't haggle on the price at the meeting. I would not ask for a lower price after we had already negotiated the deal before the meeting. If someone tried that on an item I was selling I would just say "No thanks" and walk away.

Has this happened to anybody? If so, how did you handle it?
    Has anybody offered a lower price? If so, what was the driver for the lower price?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I luv the classy's

I used to when I was going through my midlife crisis... ;)

4625886158_058a090d70_z.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some of the positive feedback left by other for me have stated that I was on time and didn't haggle on the price at the meeting. I would not ask for a lower price after we had already negotiated the deal before the meeting. If someone tried that on an item I was selling I would just say "No thanks" and walk away.

Has anybody offered a lower price? If so, what was the driver for the lower price?

I know this is not what you meant by this, but I have been offered a lower price a couple of times when I was the buyer. The sellers in both cases IIRC were just running a little late for the meet up. I didn't ask for the price break, but I thought both of them were awesome for doing so. :yesway:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

To me, that's what PM's are for, once a price is agreed upon, then to me that is the price.
    I have never asked, or had anyone ask me for a lower price at the meet itself.
    I think that is bad form to do so.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this is not what you meant by this, but I have been offered a lower price a couple of times when I was the buyer. The sellers in both cases IIRC were just running a little late for the meet up. I didn't ask for the price break, but I thought both of them were awesome for doing so. :yesway:

You my good sir should receive a solid :yesway: for your honesty. Many would have smiled and moved on. You did not.

I love you man.......:)

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Only positive experiences for me buying/selling here. Armslist *mostly* positive - the worst that's happened has been a couple of no-shows after all the details were worked out via email and phone. I've never used Gunbroker except as a research point.

I like dealing here because for the most part both parties know what they are looking for and know the value of what they see.

Top Bottom