• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Here is a serious question.... What about the Officers that do not have a LTCH. Is a badge and department I.D. and a drivers license good enough for the sellers?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A LTCH isn't required for a firearm purchase. Requests for one are strictly a good faith effort by sellers to insure the buyer is a 'proper person'. Police who don't have one could always try to use their status as alternate evidence. It is negotiable.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I didn't join the forum to purchase or sell items, but a short time ago I was looking for (hard to find LE type) ammo for my new Solo. Lo and behold, SlowPlay had listed the exact ammo I was wanting. I PM'd him and purchased the ammo. Deal went perfectly and enjoyed chatting with the Gentleman. I may use the classifieds more often due to my great experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't join the forum to purchase or sell items, but a short time ago I was looking for (hard to find LE type) ammo for my new Solo. Lo and behold, SlowPlay had listed the exact ammo I was wanting. I PM'd him and purchased the ammo. Deal went perfectly and enjoyed chatting with the Gentleman. I may use the classifieds more often due to my great experience.

It is the people. That is what makes me stay with the Ingo side of all my firearm experience. Some one some where in here has exactly what I may need be it ammo, guns, training or experience.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    INGOers and our classifieds are great. That said, it pays to be polite yet professional when handling transactions. Concise communication of details can help to eliminate problems.

Setting the standard parameters for a good transaction solves most problems. The few problems I've had often involve me getting sloppy doing this because "we are all friends, brothers, neighbors, INGOers."
    IE -
    Time, place, vehicle, phone number, verified by at least one txt message. (I have called a number only to get the spouse at home. :rolleyes:)
    Bringing exact change in cash, not just looking. As long as the product is as advertised you are giving me an "I'll take it." ???
    Please bring DL and LTCH. I may or may not verify at the transaction, but this gives them the opportunity to inform of issues, not surprise.

I have done a fair amount of transactions. 95% of them you couldn't have asked them to go any better. The other 5% were a no show, slow on the other end to ship once paid and an under-aged INGOer dogging me to sell them a gun. :facepalm:

In my experience, it's best to do transactions immediately. Locking down the meet timing to 24-48 hours get's it done before minds change, other offers or life stuff gets in the way. The other side of that argument is that the largest purchase made by me in the classifieds, the seller graciously allowed me a few days waiting on a funds to come in.

ponch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    I'm old school and like to talk to the seller/trader first to get a feel for what kind of person they are, and believe me, there is an art to that. A lot like reading animals.

just open there mouth and look at there teeth

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone here used Gunbroker to sell items? Any issue's?

I've sold some items thru gunbroker and the site itself is first rate. The problem I had was with allowing a non-firing inspection period. This seemed to allow time for buyers remorse to set in. I always post extensive pictures and only buy from people on GB who do the same, there were nothing about the condition of the firearms that were at variance from the photos/description but still the sale would not stick. So I took the advice of a gentleman I had bought several swede mausers from whom I knew from another forum. I no longer offer the inspection period and state in the listing that all sales are final. I know what I would want to see in the photos and make sure to show everything possible (a good bore shot is the hardest to pull off). I'm reasonably sure the sour deals were not a deficiency in my powers of description because in one case the firearm was unfired, NIB and it still came back. Hence the conclusion buyers remorse is in play. Haven't bought from abn INGOer yet because of the complication of living in another state. Heck haven't even met any, yet. Hope to rectify that at a future 1500. But the level of expertise and breadth of knowledge available herein - even to buckeyes - is impressive indeed

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I occasionally sell on gunbroker, only during the "panic" of late 2012 early '13 did I not offer an inspection period, for fear of buyers remorse. I started everything at more than fair prices and ran true no reserve auctions.
    I only sold items I knew I would never want again, should a law be passed that would ban said items.
    Other than that I always offer inspection periods, but I will say I rarely sell guns on gunbroker, mostly just accessories. But I have sold a few firearms.
    I learned a hard lesson myself with shipping charges. The first rifle I ever sold on gunbroker went to Homer Alaska, I did not specify additional shipping to Alaska in my description. Not only did he get one heck of a deal on a 1917 Enfield, I ate some money shipping it too.
    Lesson learned, now all my auctions state additional charges to Alaska and Hawaii. I have had great experiences on gunbroker.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom