• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have not had anyone ask me to hold an item for them. For me the only way I would hold something is if I have dealt with you before, otherwise no.
    I have had people become "ghosts" with PM's, never had a deal set in stone. But have had a few times exchanging PM's about an item, feeling a deal was about to happen, then poof...........never hear from them again.
    I don't get it, just man up send a message saying you changed your mind, or make up a story about how your car suddenly broke, or the washer went out, or whatever "bad luck" you can come up with.
    Much better than to just stop communicating.

It recently happen to me, the buyer contact me about an old ad and I still had the item so we negotiate and set the time and day and funny enough he contacted me a day before some some lame excuse.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It recently happen to me, the buyer contact me about an old ad and I still had the item so we negotiate and set the time and day and funny enough he contacted me a day before some some lame excuse.

1st....if you do not have the money in hand do not ask anyone to hold something for you. It is just not Kosher.
    2nd...Do not get all worked up by shopping before you have any money.
    3rd....No, your shot out 1975 1911 G-I is not worth $700 towards a trade.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    1st....if you do not have the money in hand do not ask anyone to hold something for you. It is just not Kosher.
    2nd...Do not get all worked up by shopping before you have any money.
    3rd....No, your shot out 1975 1911 G-I is not worth $700 towards a trade.

So far everyone I've dealt with has been very good. But those are all good points. Especially if you don't have the money, and an item is priced right, don't ask someone to hold it, unless you really plan on buying it.
    The seller usually knows if the price is right, and other potential buyers do as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have not had anyone ask me to hold an item for them. For me the only way I would hold something is if I have dealt with you before, otherwise no.
    I have had people become "ghosts" with PM's, never had a deal set in stone. But have had a few times exchanging PM's about an item, feeling a deal was about to happen, then poof...........never hear from them again.
    I don't get it, just man up send a message saying you changed your mind, or make up a story about how your car suddenly broke, or the washer went out, or whatever "bad luck" you can come up with.
    Much better than to just stop communicating.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Communication is one of my "things" when it comes to buying and selling. This past weekend I had made 3 deals - one to buy, one to sell, and another to trade. I had worked out all the arrangements and then got laid up with bronchitis or pneumonia (maybe) and have had to scramble to keep everyone in the loop. Everyone has been very understanding and I would like to think that it's communication that helped in that regard. I usually try and be Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to getting a deal done, so it was really frustrating for me to have to put people off and I appreciate their willingness to work with me. :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Communication is one of my "things" when it comes to buying and selling. This past weekend I had made 3 deals - one to buy, one to sell, and another to trade. I had worked out all the arrangements and then got laid up with bronchitis or pneumonia (maybe) and have had to scramble to keep everyone in the loop. Everyone has been very understanding and I would like to think that it's communication that helped in that regard. I usually try and be Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to getting a deal done, so it was really frustrating for me to have to put people off and I appreciate their willingness to work with me. :ingo:

But you are the "DoggyDaddy".................We are compelled to do so.....:):

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've only had 2 bad deals in my time here, got screwed on some mags I paid for but didn't get once and got a broken gun on another. One tried to make it right the other was a low life POS that got away. Other than that it's been a good time and I have met a ton of awesome people!!

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    So far, so good! I'm 2 for 2, had great transactions, and didn't feel the need for backup... Now if I can just find the stuff I'm looking for close by, I'd really be happy. It never fails, I spot something I've been looking for, and they live in the other end of the state. It's not worth the hassle to drive 2-3 hours to save $50.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'll agree with this! While INGO certainly isn't perfect, it's MUCH nicer than buying from someone with absolutely no ties to who they are. I just sold a couple guns here, after having a no-show from Armslist that I drove 30 minutes to meet.

With INGO, the buyer and seller actually have something on the line. If an individual doesn't show up, people will stop dealing with them!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I definitely give a time limit, usually a week or so. Just when you have two fade-aways in a row on the same item, you end up having it pushed out 2 or 3 weeks, which just drags things on. Maybe I should just stop accepting any delays whatsoever, just leaving the item up for sale until they have cash in hand. Might reduce my aggravation. :)

That's my take on this, make sure they have the money and want to meet in your given time frame. I'd rather have the deal set to get the money in my hands than to have someone try to scrape things together in time and possibly not make it.

I've had a few great deals through INGO and one that wasn't so great. Found out my first trip to the range with my new magpul sights that they were for airsoft and not AR's... :(

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That's my take on this, make sure they have the money and want to meet in your given time frame. I'd rather have the deal set to get the money in my hands than to have someone try to scrape things together in time and possibly not make it.

I've had a few great deals through INGO and one that wasn't so great. Found out my first trip to the range with my new magpul sights that they were for airsoft and not AR's... :(

The seller may have not known himself.. I just recently learned that magpul made airsoft sights. Sometimes it's hard to stay up on everything.
    You can always sell them, and advertise them properly, most likely loosing money.
    I always check feedback before doing deals, and welcome people to check my feedback as well. My reputation means everything to me, and should to others as well.
    It sucks when we loose money, but being a stand-up guy is worth it to me.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The seller may have not known himself.. I just recently learned that magpul made airsoft sights. Sometimes it's hard to stay up on everything.
    You can always sell them, and advertise them properly, most likely loosing money.
    I always check feedback before doing deals, and welcome people to check my feedback as well. My reputation means everything to me, and should to others as well.
    It sucks when we loose money, but being a stand-up guy is worth it to me.

+1

Top Bottom