• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "I just want to make sure you don't have a weapon on you."

A friendly reminder that being armed is a privilege, not a right.

Amazing how easily the difference between a right and a conditional/revocable privilege becomes forgotten.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The sidewalk and street/cul-de-sak in front of your house is public right of way. Not your privately owned front yard.

The guy went out in the street and initiated contact with the officer by approaching the LEO SUV.

The LEO was right to draw his hand gun when the guy refused to take his hand out of his pocket. Then the camera man proceeded to freak out. Why holster if a guy is freaking out.

If you don't want to talk to the cops I strongly suggest not walking out in the street and approaching their vehicle.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We should always abide by the demands of our authorities.

Take your hands out of your pockets. Put your hands on your head. Lay down on the ground.

"When they kick at your front door
    How you gonna come?
    With your hands on your head
    Or on the trigger of your gun" - The Clash

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What is the specific, reasonable, articulable suspicion that the man had a gun in his pocket? (Or, that the suspected gun in his pocket was unlawful?)

I'll ask the same question: if you think that a request to remove a hand from a pocket is reasonable, what other things are reasonable? If a police officer has no reason to bother you in the first place, why is ANY request - especially when issued as an implied command - reasonable?

If you let him merely because he "wanted" to, then you just consented. If he has probable cause, he doesn't need your consent, even if he asks for it. (Maybe that's what you mean?)

Good points. But as far as the highlighted portion, its California!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The sidewalk and street/cul-de-sak in front of your house is public right of way. Not your privately owned front yard.

The guy went out in the street and initiated contact with the officer by approaching the LEO SUV.

The LEO was right to draw his hand gun when the guy refused to take his hand out of his pocket. Then the camera man proceeded to freak out. Why holster if a guy is freaking out.

If you don't want to talk to the cops I strongly suggest not walking out in the street and approaching their vehicle.
    Looked to me like he went no further than his drivers door of his truck. Zooming the camera in made it appear that he approached the officers vehicle.

Top Bottom