• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have done countless hours of research regarding the best handgun caliber for self defense. I have read book after book by some of the greatest tactical minds on the planet. Also, I am wearing Urban Tactical Blackwater Tango Down MOLLE Operator Surefire Gunsite Thunder Ranch Cooper 511 underwear right now, so I feel that I am qualified to offer this handy chart that should end the debate over handgun stopping power once and for all:

Funny, but 45 is King ;) and Change your underware to Underoos

3175B2CWB0L._AA280_.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    +1 Metro40 for that pic! Feel out of my chair laughing.
    In all seriousness however you best respect your elders and pay homage to the 1911 which those plastic gangbanger Glocks don't. =p

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I have done countless hours of research regarding the best handgun caliber for self defense. I have read book after book by some of the greatest tactical minds on the planet. Also, I am wearing Urban Tactical Blackwater Tango Down MOLLE Operator Surefire Gunsite Thunder Ranch Cooper 511 underwear right now, so I feel that I am qualified to offer this handy chart that should end the debate over handgun stopping power once and for all:

FTW.

And the rep.

You mind if I save that pic if it's yours man? That's pretty much awesome.

SaltyPup11b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Thought this was a great post. I carry a 9mm HKP2000, to me it isn't really about who gets the first shot off, its about the first accurate shot. So carry whatever you deem necessary to ensure your safety.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Also, I am wearing Urban Tactical Blackwater Tango Down MOLLE Operator Surefire Gunsite Thunder Ranch Cooper 511 underwear right now, so I feel that I am qualified to offer this handy chart that should end the debate over handgun stopping power once and for all:

I have chosen the almighty 40s&w.
    Im no gun expert, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express lastnight.

Last edited:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Thanks! :): I saw something similar on a gun board a long time ago, but couldn't find it, so I did my best from memory and used my awesome graphic arts ability to recreate it. Feel free to use it, especially for publication in special forces training manuals and similar training materials. :D

Forget quoting Col. Jeff Cooper, from now on I'm quoting you.

ElkhartGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Eklhart
    I carry my Ruger P89 9mm 15+1. Fits me just fine, cheap to shoot at the range. With 16 shots in it, I will make sure the bad guy doesnt get away!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    just now seen this thread and gotta say this is funny stuff. Got 19rds of 9mm im my CZ-75 and 18rds in my XD-9......

I guess ill just make em tickle till it hurts! :)

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    +1 good post! I however, dont think too many people get the chance to survive a torso shot with a 1oz slug :): How in the world it ripped through without severing main arteries or vital organs is astonishing.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Great article. I carry 9mm myself. P89 and a P11 for CCW. I also have a carbine in 9mm, soI did not want to have to buy several calibers for each weapon.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    That's right. Glocks suck at failing to feed. Glocks suck at failing to fire. And Glocks suck at failing to eject. Glocks also suck at requiring their owners to make excuses for them. ;)

Now that we've got that behind us.... I agree with Gabe. Hits trump misses. Good hits trump bad hits. Two 9mm hollow points to the chest trump four .45s to the shoulder almost every day of the week.

The term "combat accurate" was invented Glock owners for Glock owners.

Glock class, qualified Glock instructor demonstating combat accuracy, competency, and one shot killing devestation of Glock 40.

Gun Safety :: Cop_Shoots_Self.flv video by JackPatrickRyan - Photobuckethttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...fety/?action=view&current=Cop_Shoots_Self.flv

Last edited:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The term "combat accurate" was invented Glock owners for Glock owners.

Wrong, the term combat accurate has been around since the 1911 was first issued, actually, long before that.

Glock class, qualified Glock instructor demonstating combat accuracy, competency, and one shot killing devestation of Glock 40.

Gun Safety :: Cop_Shoots_Self.flv video by JackPatrickRyan - Photobucket

The video posted is not of a qualified Glock instructor, nor was it a Glock class. The video in question is of a idiot DEA agent that was at a public school supposedly giving a lecture on drugs and street crime.

As Shay mentioned, the gun did its intended task, the operator however had **** poor trigger finger discipline.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ROTFL, "This is a Glock 40 blah blah blah... I'm the only one in the room qualified...."

They got "schooled" on the Glock 40

Top Bottom